Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What's the scoop on Clemson Ice Cream?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

What's the scoop on Clemson Ice Cream?

Sep 11, 2020, 6:33 PM

They advertised like crazy for several months and then make it just about impossible to get. I sent 6 pints to a friend in Connecticut as a surprise (about $81) and after filling out the payment method, my address, and the address and email address of the person I was sending it to, etc. I hit "complete sale" or something like that to say that the order had been completed. Then a new screen popped up and said "we have sent a confirmation email to the address the ice cream in being sent to". Since the ice cream was a surprise, that was the last person I wanted the email to go to. Why the heck do they not send the confirmation to the person who paid for it?

Are they connected to IPTAY in any way? They need someone there with a little common sense!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Common sense

Sep 11, 2020, 6:43 PM

ain't.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I sayed that years ago, and it's truer now than ever.

Sep 12, 2020, 8:44 AM

Common Sense is none too common these days.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What's the scoop on Clemson Ice Cream?

Sep 11, 2020, 7:08 PM

It's because they have a terrible software order system. They know it and are trying to change it, but the University has to approve everything they do and are dragging their feet on a change in software contracts.

That's not the only thing the university is doing that hurts the '55 Exchange ice cream business. Even though the University shut down the public access to the '55 Exchange, they will not negotiate or abate the amount of rent due for the Exchange. As a result, the ice cream business is in debt. They're trying everything they can, but the University is a definite hindrance.

Clemson University is beginning to remind me of DeBlasio.

Sep 11, 2020, 7:26 PM

Just disappointing to hear. I will say buying & shipping the product is too rich for my blood

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2020, 8:26 PM

wonder if nancy pelosi has any in her freezers?she likes expensive ice cream.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Sep 12, 2020, 12:09 AM [ in reply to Re: What's the scoop on Clemson Ice Cream? ]

Thanks, that is good information. I won't be sending anymore, but I would like to go over and get some and carry it directly to some friends in Greenville. Even picking it up seems like a hassle. You have to pick it up at the Clemson Farmer's Market (wherever the heII that is) on like a Thursday after having ordered it on-line ..... or something funky like that. No wonder they are losing money.

Sep 12, 2020, 8:39 AM

Go to corleys market in Greenwood they have it in stock

Sep 12, 2020, 8:51 AM

Make sure that is the real Clemson student made ice cream in Greenwood. Clemson has confused Everyone by putting the Clemson name on “Clemson best gourmet ice cream” which is not Clemson ice cream. Clemson just gets 10% of the profits. That ice cream is made in Atlanta and sold in Ingles and some other places.It does use SC produce but it is nothing like the real Student made Clemson ice cream.

Disappointing that Clemson would confuse people with its name on ice cream that is not the Ice cream that people associate with Clemson ice cream.

Sep 12, 2020, 8:39 AM [ in reply to Re: What's the scoop on Clemson Ice Cream? ]

Sep 12, 2020, 8:39 AM [ in reply to Re: What's the scoop on Clemson Ice Cream? ]

Sep 11, 2020, 7:28 PM

The Scoop is that one isn't enough!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2020, 7:39 PM

dairy funny

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2020, 8:12 PM

Why did you give them their email address?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2020, 12:06 AM

I think it was required. When I gave it I had not idea that they would send the confirmation to that address. Every other on-line site that I order from sends confirmation to me.

Sep 12, 2020, 9:52 AM

Obviously, Clemson University is making it hard on 55 Exchange. They have the absolute best ice cream I’ve ever tasted and the worst business plan. I’d love for them to be able to get it together.

Sep 12, 2020, 10:16 AM

That was my thought as well, but this is the first time I have dealt with them. Also good to know that the Ingles stuff is not the same ..... probably part of the same genius business plan ..... let some commercial ice cream company use your name and confuse it with the real product. Same business consultant as IPTAY?

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic