Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What's really going to #### me off if Tony Bennett wins ACC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

What's really going to #### me off if Tony Bennett wins ACC

Feb 8, 2018, 11:30 PM

Coach of the Year over Brad is this. When Dabo's teams dominated and won the conference the last two years, CAY was given to Mark Richt and Justine Fuente. In 2007, 2008 and 2010 when Virginia Tech won it, the COY went to coaches Al Groh, Paul Johnson and Ralph Friedgen. In other words, it went to the coach that surprised the conference with what they did with their team not the most dominating team in the conference. The same rule should be applied in basketball and clearly Brad deserves this award. It would be a shame if he is denied it after delivering the best coaching job in the conference and it isn't even close.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Going undefeated in the ACC, even this far, is phenominal,

Feb 8, 2018, 11:54 PM

and Bennett deserves all of the credit in the world for that. He also deserves credit for recruiting his players. Yet, even that does not rival the job Brad Brownell has done, in my opinion. This year, nobody has had to overcome more to get where they are now - not even close.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Yep and Bennett has won it two out of the last four years.***

Feb 9, 2018, 12:00 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yep and Bennett has won it two out of the last four years.***

Feb 9, 2018, 12:29 PM

if he finishes undefeated in acc play, they will give it to him. bb has done a fantastic job and i think he is national coach of the year. but, that might go to bruce pearl or matt painter

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: Going undefeated in the ACC, even this far, is phenominal,

Feb 9, 2018, 7:02 AM [ in reply to Going undefeated in the ACC, even this far, is phenominal, ]

This! BB has done a great, methodical job of raising our program. Much like a Dabo for the BB program. Great job, Brad!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't disagree with anything you said. On the other hand,

Feb 9, 2018, 12:38 AM

UVA was not expected to do anything much this year, and they have built a basketball team that does everything better than anyone else, and with no one and dones: they are literally everything you want a basketball team to be. Yet everything we say about Brownell is true as well. No dependable players but Grantham, and we soon lose him, and the team responds by going on a tear. It is a phenomenal coaching job. It seems to be a toss up. I would go for Brownell because Bennett has won it, and Brownell can be defended as having earned it. But the #1 ranking, given where they started from, might kick it Bennett's way. That would not be my vote, but it wouldn't be an injustice.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What's really going to #### me off if Tony Bennett wins ACC

Feb 9, 2018, 7:10 AM

I think going from unranked to number one in the polls is kinda surprising people. JMO my opinion

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Going from preseason 13th in the conference to second with

Feb 9, 2018, 7:16 AM

a coach on the hot seat that everyone believed was going to fired, trumps anything UVA has done.

It's kind of a Ginger / Mary Ann type argument

Feb 9, 2018, 9:05 AM

You can't go wrong either way.

(BTW - Mary Ann)

Re: It's kind of a Ginger / Mary Ann type argument

Feb 9, 2018, 10:16 AM

Easily Mary Ann.

Yeah, that will fly me to the moon if Tony Bennett wins COY***

Feb 9, 2018, 8:18 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2018, 10:25 AM

Bennett has done of heck of a job with uva this year but I have to agree with you. Uva has been pretty good last few years and have made decent runs in the tourney if I'm not mistaken. Uva was preditcted to do pretty good this year I don't think they expected 22-1 and #2 in the country but they def weren't picked to finish 13th in the ACC preseason like clemson was. The job coach BB has done with this clemson team def shows he deserves the ACC coach of the year. No one expected us to be 20-4 and 2nd in ACC play. Coach BB has gone way above expectation and def deserves COY award. I think coach BB deserves National coach of the year if we beat Duke then he should def get the award. No coach has has exceeded expectations as much as coach BB.

He's still an old ### over the hill singer, no matter what!

Feb 9, 2018, 12:27 PM

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2018, 2:53 PM

We will upset UVa in ACCT

Feb 9, 2018, 3:15 PM

Kidding right? Another conspiracy?

Bennett has won it twice already, so maybe...

Feb 9, 2018, 3:44 PM

that will help Brownell.
If UVA goes undefeated in conference play, that will make it difficult. They would be the first to do it in a 18 game regular season.
Both would be very deserving.
I do think we need to finish 2nd...and that will not be easy. But if we do and UVA drops one, I think Brownell can get it.

Re: Sorry to be a wet blanket

Feb 9, 2018, 9:32 PM

But, the HOOS did smoke you in a head to head meeting. UVA was unranked in the pre-season. UNRANKED! & will rise to #1, FIRST team in the history of NCAA to do this. & UVA was picked to finish 6th in the ACC. Total disrespect. & by the way if you guys think the ACC likes UVA you're fooling yourself.

Clemson was picked 13th.***

Feb 9, 2018, 9:50 PM

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Get a grip, goober.....

Feb 9, 2018, 9:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Sorry to be a wet blanket ]

UVa certainly did smoke the Tigers in their only meeting this regular season--all credit goes to Bennett, staff, and the team who completely dominated the game......But---and its not an excuse---it was the first game after the terrible news of Dantae Grantham's season-ending injury---the player who had been unequivocally the Tigers' senior leader, steadying force and go-to guy.

HOWEVER---more was expected of the 'Hoos this year because, per media, they had a much better team returning AND have a much better recent track record. UVa was picked pre-season 6th while Clemson was--once again having lost the previous year's leading scorer--picked THIRTEENTH. Dang close to last---and you could probably have entertained some arguments from those who thought Clemson might finish dead last.

Great, rational arguments can be made for both Bennett and Brownell as COY as well as David Padgett of Louisville who has truly salvaged a season from the Titanic.....too bad all can't get the award simultaneously

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, Brownell is most deserving .***

Feb 9, 2018, 10:14 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic