Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What's new. Lead 85 % of the game until the end. Then can't make a basket
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 2,722

What's new. Lead 85 % of the game until the end. Then can't make a basket

Nov 27, 2019, 1:37 AM

Sounds a bit familiar. We had no offensive identity in the second half. Meanwhile Colorado was making screen passes and easy buckets down low. Brad is the Bowden of basketball. Never getting u over the hump, but will keep u thinking it might happen one day.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What's new. Lead 85 % of the game until the end. Then can't make a basket

Nov 27, 2019, 1:50 AM

Did you stop by and mention this after Sunday's game?

Nov 27, 2019, 1:55 AM

Did u watch the game? Y or no? Count how many baskets Clemson scored in the last 10 minutes? Go ahead I'm waiting.

Pretty sure most people know Sunday night was the exception

Nov 27, 2019, 1:57 AM [ in reply to Re: What's new. Lead 85 % of the game until the end. Then can't make a basket ]

Last 8 minutes of 1st half killed us with

Nov 27, 2019, 2:03 AM

refs sending Colorado to FT line so frequently.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We had the lead at half and most of the 2nd

Nov 27, 2019, 2:07 AM

Re: Last 8 minutes of 1st half killed us with

Nov 27, 2019, 7:49 AM [ in reply to Last 8 minutes of 1st half killed us with ]

Runs of 10, 9, and 7 (CO) all bragged about and that first run was all free throws, on touch fouls (callled one on Bey to make it look honest) - the call out of bounds on Scott around 4 minutes left in. the game was huge, too. The Zebras kept us from blowing this game wide open and I had to listen at how really ungrate the Alien (Bey) and the walking Human stroke (Bettey) is all night - when it was the zebras keeping CO in this one.
According to the play by play guys Clemson only was dealt runs against all night. Yet somehow would be leading after all these mentioned runs of the Great Colorado Buffaloes.

And I could have sworn that CO was said to be a great 3 pointing shooting team but terrible free throw shooters. Looked like they made all but 1. Yep, 24 of 25.

Only positive note about Clemson (by TV crew) was how Simms was dominate.

Stay out of West Coast cooked tournaments from now on!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The out of bounds call was a joke

Nov 27, 2019, 8:17 AM

He was a good foot from the baseline. Three missed layups really hurt us. That's just execution. Missed by our most experienced guys, Simms, Mack and Scott.

Several things are encouraging though. Newman played on their PG in man and really shut him down. He showing he can be a lock down, perimeter defender. Mack and Simms are both playing well all around. Dawes handled their pressure well against one of the top defensive PG's in the country.

That wasn’t all refs. We had bonehead offensive possessions

Nov 27, 2019, 8:21 AM [ in reply to Last 8 minutes of 1st half killed us with ]

During both of our 10 point give-always.

If this team would just wake up after a bad offensive possession and realize it can get away from them, we prob win by 20. But they get a little cushion and throw up trash shots until the other team makes it close again. I just don’t think CBB coaches that.

I'll take Bowden's results vs. Brownells any day ***

Nov 27, 2019, 1:54 AM

Nov 27, 2019, 4:02 AM

That's basketball . Stop complaining , we may just turn out to be a pretty good team when we get our injured players back .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

What's "pretty good"?

Nov 27, 2019, 6:18 AM

NIT pretty good?

Another losing record in the ACC pretty good?

I think many of our fans are tired of this "pretty good" promise every year in basketball.

It's either "pretty good" or it's a "we're just a young team" excuse".

Our fans deserve better.

Appears quite a few (supposed) Tiger fans

Nov 27, 2019, 6:38 AM

Have 'Bama entitlement blood' coursing through their veins. News flash: you'll hit a few red lights while driving about today...and someone's gonna beat you to the parking spot you've eyed...and...and...the beat goes on. Don't burn your bird!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Appears quite a few (supposed) Tiger fans

Nov 27, 2019, 11:11 AM

WWVD...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Appears quite a few (supposed) Tiger fans

Nov 27, 2019, 2:33 PM [ in reply to Appears quite a few (supposed) Tiger fans ]

You can’t possibly be serious. The average job life expectancy of an Alabama football coach who doesn’t win a national championship is about 3.5 years. Coach Brownell is in year 10. And usually doesn’t even make the NIT. How many years do you coach at Bama if you miss a bowl game altogether?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do they “deserve better” we couldn’t sell

Nov 27, 2019, 10:33 AM [ in reply to What's "pretty good"? ]

out our season opener at home against an ACC opponent. If you came into this season expecting NCAA tournament you don’t know much about basketball, we lost almost all of our starters, we have two freshman starting for us, even an NIT trip with this team would be pretty cool. We were picked to finish 13th out of 15 teams in the ACC. So be patient.

Re: How do they “deserve better” we couldn’t sell

Nov 27, 2019, 11:02 AM

We were picked 11th in the ACC preseason media poll. Brad Brownell is the 29th highest paid coach in college basketball entering his 10th season. Once in his 9 completed seasons have we ended the season as a top 30 team. He should be a consistent 7-8 seed in the NCAA tournament for what he makes. Instead, he more often than not doesn’t even make the NIT.

Nov 27, 2019, 11:16 AM

HEY VIZCOOT SHOULD YOU NOT BE MORE WORRIED ABOUT YOUR COOTS LOSING TO WICHITA ST AND BOSTON U. THOUGHT YOUR GUYS WERE GONNA BE REALLY GOOD THIS YEAR.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2019, 2:01 PM

You know full well I’m not a coot so your deflection is just kind of sad. Care to argue with any of the points of my post? Probably not, since even you know that Coach Brownell has grossly missed even the most modest expectations for his tenure. You just think a Clemson fan should keep their mouth shut about such things and ignore pesky things like facts.

Re: What's "pretty good"?

Nov 27, 2019, 2:25 PM [ in reply to What's "pretty good"? ]

"Our fans deserve better".

Lol.

Better what? Better co-fans?

Nov 27, 2019, 1:48 PM

That is characteristic of all of his teams. Another one is almost every team starts the game slowly, gets behind, and then spends the rest of the game trying to catch up. Is that reflective of talent or coaching?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Nov 27, 2019, 2:32 PM

Please, please, please show me any team in the country--ranked or unranked, ACC or RoY--without a true PG who shows a 'clear offensive identity' in every half only 5 games into the season.

Some of y'all just like to repeat intelligent-sounding buzzwords as an excuse for not getting behind this team.

Nov 27, 2019, 2:36 PM

I didn’t realize recruiting a “true PG” fell to someone outside of Coach Brownell’s purview. If you let me know who that is I’ll be sure to direct frustration at them also.

Nov 27, 2019, 7:55 PM

Sorry. You're just going to be disappointed, because BB didn't land a true PG in this Freshman class. I guess we should try harder to "establish an identity" (whatever the h3** that means) so some idiots don't complain so much.

If "establishing an identity" puts points on the board, or keeps the refs from sending our opponents to the line 25 times, I'm all for it.

Otherwise, not so much.

BB did land Nick Honor as a transfer but his waiver wasn't granted. He will be a great addition. Too bad I'll have to listen to you moan for another season before he is eligible.

Nov 27, 2019, 3:58 PM

This entire thread is laughable.

We just went toe-to-toe with a consensus Top 25 team, played them fairly evenly in most respects (or better), all while missing 4 guys to injury.

This result was something to build off of. And if you can't see that, it's because you don't want to. Very simple.

Nov 27, 2019, 6:53 PM

It’s just that none of his teams ever had been able to put a team away. Leads just seem to disappear. If he ever coached a killer instinct maybe fans would feel differently.

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Replies: 25
| visibility 2,722
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic