Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Brad Scott says GT loss might help
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

Football Update: Brad Scott says GT loss might help

Nov 4, 2011, 11:05 AM

Brad Scott says GT loss might help

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: Brad Scott says GT loss might help

Nov 4, 2011, 11:07 AM

No loss ever helps you. Double Facepalm.

Nov 4, 2011, 11:12 AM

It's painfully obvious that you've never played the game...Triple Facepalm (see what I did there)

Nov 4, 2011, 11:17 AM

Didn't see this one coming. Nice. Your creativity and insight on the comment is amusing. Thank you for your time. Have a great day.

Nov 4, 2011, 11:19 AM

ah, the Herman Cain slow smile.***

Nov 4, 2011, 11:24 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

If the loss helps, just imagine what a win would have done.

Nov 4, 2011, 11:10 AM

sigh............

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

you need to read more than the headline

Nov 4, 2011, 5:01 PM

sigh...

What's he saying "we" for, he isn't a coach anymore....

Nov 4, 2011, 11:13 AM

And who the hell cares about what he thinks? He was never more than a washed up coordinator/position coach that failed at USC.

Sammy Watkins

Nov 4, 2011, 11:15 AM

says hi!!

You do know who recruited him right.

and yes he is still related to the Football team through his administrative role and helping with recruiting while kids are on campus.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Re: Sammy Watkins

Nov 4, 2011, 11:19 AM

Brad Scott was a good recruiter and a decent person. Glad he is still on staff. However this comment has loser's mentality written all over it.

Nov 4, 2011, 11:23 AM

Honestly, that's what I call a cool story bro. Such a riveting tale, I honestly copy and pasted it to word, saved on my hard drive, backed it up on a jump drive, drove to the bank, put the jump drive in the safe deposit box, and will leave .........it there until my kids turn about 12 (when they can actually state their age, and ask what it is I'm showing them), when I will pick it up, put it in an old USB drive reader and relay this cool story to them and tell them, "kids, this is what a cool story should look like”

Nov 4, 2011, 11:29 AM

You should start training a little earlier than 12. Feel free to rearrange just as long as you properly cite your resources.

Nov 4, 2011, 11:31 AM

Didn't see this one coming. Nice. Your creativity and insight on the comment is amusing. Thank you for your time. Have a great day.

Nov 4, 2011, 11:32 AM

Honestly, that's what I call a cool story bro. Such a riveting tale, I honestly copy and pasted it to word, saved on my hard drive, backed it up on a jump drive, drove to the bank, put the jump drive in the safe deposit box, and will leave .........it there until my kids turn about 12 (when they can actually state their age, and ask what it is I'm showing them), when I will pick it up, put it in an old USB drive reader and relay this cool story to them and tell them, "kids, this is what a cool story should look like

;)

Good luck with your "earning points on TNet" goals in 2011***

Nov 4, 2011, 11:56 AM

Brad is a class act, A shame the same is not true of this

Nov 4, 2011, 8:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Sammy Watkins ]

thread.

kind of depends n how you look at it

Nov 4, 2011, 11:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Sammy Watkins ]

it can be taken that way, or you could say that this loss has had a major impact on this TEAM. In the past a loss was a loss, I think his intentions were to say we have a young team and the impact of this loss on this team seems to be different than the impact of losses to past teams and he expects them to get better because of it.

He's a major reason we recruit so well in Florida. Not sure

Nov 4, 2011, 11:18 AM [ in reply to What's he saying "we" for, he isn't a coach anymore.... ]

why you feel the need to trash a Clemson man who played a major part in our success this year and will continue to do so.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He must have some value if he is still on the staff . . .

Nov 4, 2011, 11:20 AM [ in reply to What's he saying "we" for, he isn't a coach anymore.... ]

If Dabo did a good job making coaching changes in the off season and I believe we all agree that he did, then we should give Brad some manner of respect because Dabo kept him as part of the staff.

If it is in the area of recruiting, great!!! We all can see how recruiting the right players has helped us this year.

Finally, in all things, there will be losses, i.e. failures. If the loss to GT creates a greater resolve in the players and they play better and this helps us to win out, great!

We will know soon enough.

All In!!! Go Tigers!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Re: He must have some value if he is still on the staff . . .

Nov 4, 2011, 7:45 PM

And time again:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

who hasn't failked at usuc?

Nov 4, 2011, 11:23 AM [ in reply to What's he saying "we" for, he isn't a coach anymore.... ]

and who the hell are you to slam this man? He won the first bowl game ever at that ######## of a university. now go away

this post is for ThermL^^^^^^^^

Nov 4, 2011, 11:24 AM

NM

Spurrier

Nov 4, 2011, 11:29 AM [ in reply to who hasn't failked at usuc? ]

he won the SEC east at cooter U. LOUSER, he beat new mexico state

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What's he saying "we" for, he isn't a coach anymore....

Nov 4, 2011, 11:42 AM [ in reply to What's he saying "we" for, he isn't a coach anymore.... ]

While Brad Scott wasn't ready to be HC at USC, he handled himself quite well at FSU and as a Clemson staff member. He remains on staff as coordinator for HS relations and frankly he knows a heck of a lot more info than most of us regarding Tiger football.

He is entitled to express his opinion whether or not a shortsighted "fan" agrees or not and frankly the "fan" in question would do well to STHU as they have merely shown their stupidity to this point.

Go Clemson!

Are you kidding???

Nov 4, 2011, 3:26 PM [ in reply to What's he saying "we" for, he isn't a coach anymore.... ]

First of all, he has every right to say "we" – probably even more so than the fans. He is still affiliated with Clemson (as an assistant AD), he coached at Clemson for over 10 years, and his son played for, graduated from, and now coaches at Clemson. Second, he is a major reason for why our football program is where it is. Look closely at our recruiting classes over the last 10 years and who recruited many of our four and five star players.

Nov 4, 2011, 7:37 PM [ in reply to What's he saying "we" for, he isn't a coach anymore.... ]

Like some washed up fans, you know the type. The ones that do nothing but complain about any and everything with nothing positive to say. You know the type, right....

Kinda like saying...

Nov 4, 2011, 8:45 PM [ in reply to What's he saying "we" for, he isn't a coach anymore.... ]

ThermL®
Rooter [216 pts]

TigerPulse Data
Votes: 322
TigerPulse: 57%

I think the better question is...
Posted: Sep 16, 2011 12:16 AM Reply

...how many times have we gone into a game wholly expecting to win and blow them off the field, just to lose in humiliating fashion?

ThermL®
Rooter [216 pts]

TigerPulse Data

We'll never score that many points.
Posted: Apr 25, 2011 6:55 PM

Cut the total score of this season down 30% and re-distribute the points. We do NOT score anywhere close to the amount of points you have us at. BC, NCST, UNC, vastly over scored

ThermL®
Rooter [216 pts]

TigerPulse Data

The thing is...
Posted: Nov 30, 2010 1:45 PM

I predicted we'd win 7 games this season, but that was with the idea that we'd act as we always do any blow a few games we never should of lost. Clemson football is like clockwork. Make a prediction as to where we should finish for the year, then tack on an extra loss or two

Are you on the team? If not, why did you use WE? (I understand why you used WE, but I also understand why Brad Scott used WE..and both being for the same reasons)

I think you get the picture. There are more posts by you like that.

And, BTW, looking at your post history, I got a whiff of chicken.

Re: Wow... real intelligent post ....not

Nov 5, 2011, 7:09 AM [ in reply to What's he saying "we" for, he isn't a coach anymore.... ]

Another example of T Net's finest.... here we go again.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Better question....

Nov 5, 2011, 9:49 AM [ in reply to What's he saying "we" for, he isn't a coach anymore.... ]

And what or who are you? And why do you think anyone gives a #### what you think? Go stick your head under a rock. You obviously know nothing about football or Brad Scott.

Same reason you probably always say "we" need to...

Nov 5, 2011, 11:53 PM [ in reply to What's he saying "we" for, he isn't a coach anymore.... ]

[fill in the blank with negative comment].

He's more "we" than any of us fans!!!

Nov 6, 2011, 2:11 PM [ in reply to What's he saying "we" for, he isn't a coach anymore.... ]

why do you want to be so mean? Brad Scott is responsible
for many great players on our team.you act like one loss
is the end of the world.you must be a spoiled brat.ala
suffered a loss last night, do they fold the tent? fans
like you,if you are one, make me sick.get off Brad's back.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

very good.... very underrated football coach...

Nov 4, 2011, 11:36 AM

listen to what he says

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

OK, some of you guys really are Maroons. Brad [i]never[/i]

Nov 4, 2011, 11:50 AM

said the loss was a good thing. He said that the team's response/attitude after the loss was what it should be: resolve to get back on top. That is what he said may "help" the team win the next tough one.

Now, all you kiddies wipe your noses and take a little time out. Come back when you feel you can play nice.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

It took me longer to say it, but EXACTLY.***

Nov 4, 2011, 11:56 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

It's important to make the distinction between

Nov 4, 2011, 11:54 AM

rationalizing a loss, as if it's somehow okay, and trying to learn and grow from mistakes. Even though it's obvious he means the latter, every time someone (particularly a coach) makes statements like "the loss might help", it is going to be misunderstood and misconstrued.

A loss is ALWAYS bad; it sux and there are no two ways about it. We should always be bitterly disappointed by a loss. Coaches should know their jobs depend on winning.

Once a loss has occurred, it's important to deal with that reality in a way that will most likely lead to a win in the next game, and games beyond. Trying to learn and grow from the mistakes that led to the loss is the way you do it. To be clear, that is what coach Scott was talking about.

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Oh, they all know exactly what he meant. They just want an

Nov 4, 2011, 1:18 PM

excuse to ##### about something.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

What I said, except less eloquent [link]

Nov 4, 2011, 2:19 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=11352844

"MIGHT" sure does cover his big @$$!!!!

Nov 4, 2011, 5:38 PM

I just "might" fly to the golf course tomorrow.

Re: "MIGHT" sure does cover his big @$$!!!!

Nov 4, 2011, 7:48 PM

Re: "MIGHT" sure does cover his big @$$!!!!

Nov 4, 2011, 9:43 PM [ in reply to "MIGHT" sure does cover his big @$$!!!! ]

Some so called "fans" of Tiger football clearly lack critical thinking skills due to their total absence of common sense or good judgement! Having had the opportunity to know Coach Scott through church while he was associated with USC, I believe some people making stupid posts need to quit judging while they are supposedly ahead.

Otherwise everyone herein will know just how really shortsighted they are.

Go Clemson!

Some of the folks on T-net need to learn how to read with

Nov 4, 2011, 10:55 PM

discernment. If they did, they wouldn't be so quick to criticize.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think these 3 losses were strategic to help us win the ACC***

Nov 27, 2011, 5:08 PM

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic