Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What's ESPN's deal?!?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

What's ESPN's deal?!?

Apr 15, 2014, 12:57 PM

Every year is seems like whenever either have a shot to land a 5-star kid, or in recent cases (Deshaun Watson) actually do land one, ESPN is the Only freaking recruiting service that gives them a 4-star rating, even when Rivals, 24/7, and Scout all combined give a 5-star grade. It's happening again this year with Mitch Hyatt, and it happened last year with Watson. I mean, I'm wondering if ESPN is sitting there going "Welp...the kid decided to go somewhere else other than the SEC, time to take a star off.." It's not fair to an outstanding talent like Hyatt.

Would someone please write a prescription for Gold-Bond for ESPN's SEC-brainwashed butthurt?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hyatt is the #7 ranked prospect

Apr 15, 2014, 12:59 PM

How is he not a 5- star? That's actually a higher ranking than any of the other recruiting services (I think).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ESPN is a biased group of $money grubbing b*stards imo!***

Apr 15, 2014, 1:01 PM

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, what LightningBugBill said ...

Apr 15, 2014, 1:06 PM

:)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

As opposed to Rivals, who are clearly in it for the

Apr 15, 2014, 1:06 PM [ in reply to ESPN is a biased group of $money grubbing b*stards imo!*** ]

up-building of the players and their education.

ESPN hasn't given out a 5th star to anyone for 2015***

Apr 15, 2014, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Hyatt is the #7 ranked prospect ]

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: ESPN hasn't given out a 5th star to anyone for 2015***

Apr 15, 2014, 1:05 PM

You mean that all of them are looking at Clemson. That's about the only way they have none as a 5 star....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or, a 5th Place Ring.***

Apr 15, 2014, 1:06 PM [ in reply to ESPN hasn't given out a 5th star to anyone for 2015*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Crickets***

Apr 15, 2014, 1:29 PM [ in reply to ESPN hasn't given out a 5th star to anyone for 2015*** ]

what does it matter

Apr 15, 2014, 1:00 PM

if a 5th star had any baring on a players career Bellamy would be still here

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

He's still the same guy, no matter what the stars say,

Apr 15, 2014, 1:01 PM

So when he pancakes the 5 star defensive ends from the SEC, he can just laugh at the star rating

Has anyone told the coaches about this?

Apr 15, 2014, 1:04 PM

I wonder if they know that one of their recruits isn't a unanimous 5-star. If they had known, would they have recruited him as strongly?

Re: What's ESPN's deal?!?

Apr 15, 2014, 1:05 PM

Yeah they do that $hit every year, I got to where I ignore ESecPn!

ESPN ranked Bowers #1 and Clemson #3 overall class

Apr 15, 2014, 1:08 PM

A few years ago. Generally they are off on the rankings.

ESPN obviously has ADHD

Apr 15, 2014, 1:21 PM

hth in advance

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: What's ESPN's deal?!?

Apr 15, 2014, 1:23 PM

Rivals > ESPN any day of the week

Pssst...........Gold Bond is over-the-counter***

Apr 15, 2014, 1:31 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Re: Pssst...........Gold Bond is over-the-counter***

Apr 15, 2014, 1:34 PM

Maybe they need the really strong stuff, they do have quite the case of the butthurt right now since both SEC teams lost in the BCS.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic