Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Whatever happened to "flame the post...not the poster"?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Whatever happened to "flame the post...not the poster"?

Jun 12, 2012, 11:00 PM

nm

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Whatever happened to "flame the post...not the poster"?

Jun 12, 2012, 11:28 PM

bs.bs.bs

Whatever happened to substantive responses and respect for..

Jun 12, 2012, 11:33 PM

a differing point of view? I'm not talking about direct insults from coots or flame-bait from obvious coot imposters; I'm talking genuine differences between us real Clemson fans.

My experience here has been thus - those with little of substance to offer in a discussion seem to be the first to make personal attacks. There are a couple of people here and in TAC who are notorious for that. Those folks add nothing to the discussion, and they seem incapable of adding much even if they wanted to. Just too stupid.

This is a place for discussion. Some folks are more optimistic than others. Some are 100% sold on Dabo, the ACC, changing conferences, Brad Brownell, whatever. Others have their doubts. Clemson fans should discuss these things rationally and, yes, they should be allowed to vent a little when bad things happen. Getting beat repeatedly by the coots is gonna pyss some fans off, and they're gonna cast doubt on leadership; a totally natural and often-warranted response. Those things can be discussed rationally and debated substantively.

If you're incapable of doing that, and all you can think of to say is a personal insult to the person who turned over your apple cart, then please just spare the rest of us the waste of bandwidth. Add something to the conversation or S T F U.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Point. Well said..***

Jun 12, 2012, 11:38 PM

LOL @ Mr Broken record lowcountry_cootonatour***

Jun 12, 2012, 11:47 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Whatever happened to substantive responses and respect for..

Jun 12, 2012, 11:44 PM [ in reply to Whatever happened to substantive responses and respect for.. ]

POT meet KETTLE

Seriously, please enlighten me...

Jun 12, 2012, 11:51 PM

Please do point out the numerous times where, instead of offering an alternate point of view, I've relied solely on ad hominem attacks to counter a post I didn't like? As I said before, I'm NOT talking about coots or coots pretending to be Tigers.

Oh, and one other thing...

Jun 12, 2012, 11:48 PM [ in reply to Whatever happened to substantive responses and respect for.. ]

If you thumb down a post without offering a refuting response, you are a gutless, dyckless ninny with nary a hair on your diminutive #######.

Re: Oh, and one other thing...

Jun 13, 2012, 12:02 AM

Well there is one. Lol and yes they are way too many td bandits out there.

I just TD'd you b/c your posts are constantly mocking others

Jun 13, 2012, 6:09 AM

and your sarcasm is just not very good.

Re: Oh, and one other thing...

Jun 13, 2012, 12:04 AM [ in reply to Oh, and one other thing... ]

+1

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

too intelligent

Jun 13, 2012, 6:03 AM [ in reply to Whatever happened to substantive responses and respect for.. ]

NAHHHHH! Wont work. Too intelligent and logical.

That was fine, then the flamers got all butt hurt

Jun 12, 2012, 11:34 PM

wait, what?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

^^^^ passed his nite nite time...

Jun 12, 2012, 11:36 PM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That Went Out of Style

Jun 13, 2012, 12:28 AM

years ago when the format changed from a "chat room" where you had some real discussions and sometimes, friendly disagreements. Using barely disguised gutter vocabulary was simply not done back then. The folks who persist in juvenile "food-fights" on here are classless. Would some carry-on like they do if their mother was reading such drivel?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That Went Out of Style

Jun 13, 2012, 12:31 AM

That was when Tigernet was a Clemson Sports website and before it got to be---as all these folks are so fond of saying---a "messageboard.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

like backfire

Jun 13, 2012, 6:53 AM [ in reply to That Went Out of Style ]

i think drivel eats drivel and the absurd, used proactively, best counters the absurd.

i lost hope for this bored in 2008, just prior to the season if memory serves.

and yes, my mother has read some of my drivel.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic