Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Whatever happened to Willy Korn?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Whatever happened to Willy Korn?

Jul 25, 2020, 4:51 PM

That kid was supposed to be the Second Coming of Christ at Quarterback.

I thought he would have done more at Clemson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Whatever happened to Willy Korn?

Jul 25, 2020, 4:56 PM

He was a 4 star recruit ranked 69th in the nation overall by 247. We just didn't recruit that well back then and we as fans got excited about nothing that amazing.

Jul 25, 2020, 4:59 PM

Dabo wanted to get Tim Tebow on campus for a visit, but Willy was already committed. Imagine if we had Tebow and Spiller.

Jul 26, 2020, 9:26 AM

Tim Tebow done what he done at Florida bc of all the elite players and coaching staff that Urban Meyer had around Tebow. Korn could have been successful with the players that Dabo and staff has had with DW4 and T-Law around them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

did what he did***

Jul 26, 2020, 10:15 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: did what he did***

Jul 26, 2020, 3:16 PM

I hope you didn't graduate from Rutgers Univ.

Jul 27, 2020, 11:15 AM [ in reply to did what he did*** ]

If you did, then your post is racist.

https://www.educationviews.org/rutgers-university-declares-proper-grammar-racist-standards-to-be-adjusted/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

This is certifiably insane. Beyond insane. Wow - POTD.***

Jul 27, 2020, 12:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

If we all start speaking Redneck Latin, then we won't be

Jul 27, 2020, 12:18 PM

racist.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

With a below average offensive line and no offensive

Jul 27, 2020, 10:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Whatever happened to Willy Korn? ]

identity it wouldn't have mattered.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

We listened to Plyler too much back then.***

Jul 25, 2020, 5:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Whatever happened to Willy Korn? ]

plyler swore up and down he was going to be a legend***

Jul 25, 2020, 6:42 PM

He could have been. He was injured, correct?***

Jul 27, 2020, 10:42 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He could have been. He was injured, correct?***

Jul 27, 2020, 2:36 PM

Correct....how people still act like they don't know what happened to him and why the injury hurt his football career is beyond me. Living under rocks, I suppose?

https://www.thestate.com/sports/college/acc/clemson-university/article213481439.html

https://www.goupstate.com/news/20111201/byrnes-legend-ex-tiger-korn-becomes-division-ii-star

https://patch.com/south-carolina/taylors/former-clemson-ngu-quarterback-wily-korn-to-begin-coaf4f929e6e2

https://www.wltx.com/article/sports/injured-shoulder-still-hampering-korn/101-381738804

https://www.espn.com.au/college-football/news/story?id=3744745

Re: He could have been. He was injured, correct?***

Jul 27, 2020, 2:42 PM

Going back to that though makes me wonder...

What ever happened to Perry Orth/Connor Mitch/Lorenzo Nunez/Brandon McIlwain/Jake Bentley...soon to add Ryan Hilinski into the conversation....

Jul 25, 2020, 5:09 PM

Go easy on the guy. He had a significant shoulder injury which really derailed his career at Clemson. I do believe he went on to have a decent run at a small school in greenville.

Jul 26, 2020, 10:53 AM

Well thank you for some kindness towards one of our players who gave his all at Clemson despite his injury. Too bad some of these yappers didn't suit up and help!!

Jul 26, 2020, 4:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Whatever happened to Willy Korn? ]

He lead them to one maybe 2 consecutive championships for the level of college football. Willy injured his shoulder early in his Clemson career. Had surgery but by them he had recovered we had other QB’s in. Some bad breaks just came his way. But he rebounded to be successful in life.

Tebow was a running QB. He unorthodox passing arm is one reason he could not make it in the NFL.

At the time Willy Korn came to Clemson was spreading the offense more.

Here is an article about him:

http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/acc/clemson-university/article213481439.html

Jul 25, 2020, 5:12 PM

He was the 98th ranked player by Rivals. It's kind of interesting looking back at these players in the top 100.

https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals100/2007

Summer before his Sr. year of high school, he got up to as

Jul 27, 2020, 12:00 PM

high as #2 overall on Rivals, which played into the heisman/legend talk. Then he saw a steady and steep drop throughout the year.

It's a shame he got injured and was seemingly "mismanaged". Would've been interesting to have seen him at full health battling it out with Kyle Parker and Tajh.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Korn was promoted to co-offensive coordinator

Jul 25, 2020, 5:16 PM

in his fourth year overall at Coastal Carolina in 2020.

Jul 25, 2020, 5:18 PM

Willy is now a coaching staff at Coastal Carolina. Use the link below.

https://goccusports.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/willy-korn/1694

Moar pixels

Jul 25, 2020, 5:22 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jul 25, 2020, 5:31 PM

He injured his shoulder in the game and was never the same. So that basically derailed his Clemson career.

Whatever happened to Jake Bentley?

Jul 25, 2020, 6:19 PM

Guy was supposed to be some sort of gamecawk savior. Said she wasn’t leaving USuCk until she won a national championship. Where is she now?

I thought she would have done more at cawklover U.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2020, 6:40 PM

I think he cracked corn, and no one cared.

Jul 25, 2020, 6:51 PM

That was his brother Jimmy.
But that’s a very politically incorrect song now.

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Here is an article that covers the story............

Jul 25, 2020, 6:53 PM

https://www.thestate.com/sports/college/acc/clemson-university/article213481439.html

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2020, 11:09 PM

You stink of desperation, lol! That’s how far back you had to go to troll CU’s QB’s. Do you know how pathetic that is? I’m goin Bentley va-jaja never again Pathetic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just like Tim Couch for Cleveland Browns

Jul 26, 2020, 1:24 AM

Clemson had NO BLOCKING and every pass play was a serious risk with no mitigation. Just like Couch, the raw Korn was permanently injured and quickly.

Jul 26, 2020, 10:14 AM

It's kind of hard to tell what Korn might have been if he hadn't gotten hurt. He flashed some stuff as a true freshman...then almost immediately tore up his shoulder and lost pretty much all the strength in his throwing arm, and that was pretty much that for his career in D1 football. Especially when he immediately had Kyle Parker and Tajh Boyd - back-to-back Elite 11 QB's - coming in behind him, he wasn't going to find his way to QB1. Both of those guys had unholy Howitzers for arms.

He's been at Coastal for awhile now. I know he was their recruiting coordinator a couple years back because he was the one recruiting my son.

Jul 26, 2020, 4:53 PM

Thank you for informing me about WK. Appreciate the input.

Marlborocountycoot = fromdapeedeeswamp = natchamps811618

Jul 26, 2020, 6:32 PM

Jul 26, 2020, 1:49 PM

Somebody correct me if im wrong but wasnt he a top 10 recruit following his junior year but dropped significantly after a poor senior season? Was he already injured before he got to Clemson?

Yeah he was definitely a 5* at one point in the process

Jul 26, 2020, 2:42 PM

I seem to remember Byrnes losing some big talent after his JR year including a playmaker that maybe went to UGA.

I watched a couple of his games his SR year and didn't think he looked like a 5 star prospect. He showed some promise early in his Clemson career before the injury but nothing transcendant or anywhere close to the level of a DW4 or a TL. I think he was just an above average, but not elite, QB prospect tbh.

He was horribly mis-managed by Bowden...He broke his

Jul 26, 2020, 5:01 PM

collarbone in a game against Furman(so much for the "lesser injury risk" playing FCS schools theory Horse55) and because we didn't have a backup for Cullen, Tommy dressed him for the rest of the season as the backup QB...His collarbone never healed right, but hey, who needs a collarbone to accurately throw a football with velocity anyway? He never fully healed, started Dabo's first game as interim HC, got blown up and tore up the same shoulder, the shoulder never fully healed after the first injury and the second was the end of competitive football against D1 players...We had a bad string of shoulder injuries being horribly mis-managed in the final Bowden years...Charlie, Cullen and Korn all injured their throwing arms and were never the same as was James Davis, who injured his shoulder in 2006 vs GT and was never the same James after that

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Marlborocountycoot = fromdapeedeeswamp = natchamps811618

Jul 26, 2020, 6:31 PM

u6c loser

Appreciate all the responses

Jul 24, 2013, 8:50 AM

Thank you for informing me about WK. Appreciate the input. Glad to know he is doing well.

Re: Appreciate all the responses

Jul 27, 2020, 8:36 PM

Silly coot. Go play in the street

Quality post***

Jul 27, 2020, 10:40 AM

Jul 27, 2020, 7:48 PM

What is the purpose of this post? You lost me after the original question.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic