Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Whatever Mindless Twit Came Up With The Term "Escaped"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Whatever Mindless Twit Came Up With The Term "Escaped"

Oct 1, 2018, 2:54 PM

For football wins, never played football. So tired of it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Whatever Mindless Twit Came Up With The Term "Escaped"

Oct 1, 2018, 3:16 PM

Hey man, I played football for 4 years,and now have a steel and titanium knee to prove it. For most of the game Syracuse outplayed us, and probably deserved to win. So far this year, we have looked awful, allowing teams that supposedly don't have our talent level push us to the brink. Right now, we are clearly overrated, and at best a top twenty team. Perhaps with Trevor Lawrence at QB we can begin to live up to our hype, but unless our OL learns to pass block, I see little hope. Alabama would absolutely destroy us.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2018, 3:19 PM

And our TE begins to block.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Take your ball and go back to home then or root for whatever

Oct 1, 2018, 3:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Whatever Mindless Twit Came Up With The Term "Escaped" ]

other team you pull for. With all the adversity we have faced and with all the freshman getting true playing time while the games are still in doubt, we will get better as the year goes along. We don't have to be the Best team out there this week!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ummmmm.....I Just Have Issue w/People Thinking You "Escaped"

Oct 1, 2018, 3:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Whatever Mindless Twit Came Up With The Term "Escaped" ]

Either you play and win or don't. The culture of Vegas odds and pundit predictions seem to set some pre-conceived notion that you must have style points in winning. When a track and field athlete charges to the finish and wins at the end of a race, they don't "Escape", they WIN!

Clemson finds ways to win. Only peterpuffers use the term "Escape"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2018, 3:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Whatever Mindless Twit Came Up With The Term "Escaped" ]

Syracuse didn't deserve a thing . Wins are earned . We earned that win with resolve , with grit . With a belief that we would win with our 3rd string QB and a running game that would make them quit . We won because we're better than Syracuse University.
Nothing is deserved in football , only earned .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Oct 1, 2018, 3:20 PM

SECPN

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2018, 3:22 PM

C’mon man - I played football for seven years, and clemson was fortunate to win that game. When you have a 4th and +10 to sustain a drive and the game, it’s semantics, call it whatever you want, but “escape” fits as well as anything. Ohio St escaped too but against a much better team. All that said, SYR seems to be improving ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic