Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What’d you think about playing only a conf fb schedule (8 games) & skipping acccg?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

What’d you think about playing only a conf fb schedule (8 games) & skipping acccg?

Apr 17, 2020, 7:08 PM

that’s what Northwestern AD suggested for BiG10.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What’d you think about playing only a conf fb schedule (8 games) & skipping acccg?

Apr 17, 2020, 7:48 PM

I hope we have a complete season and it starts on time. I would rather see a complete season even if it started a little later.

If the season had to be shortened, conference games only is not a bad idea. UofSC game would be a home game for us; thus, I would hate that game to be cancelled. I don't see them letting us carry that game over to next year.

The biggest question comes with Notre Dame. They play five ACC schools. In addition, they are considered ACC except independent football. Since we only have 8 conference games and most conferences have 9 conference games, I could see the conference adding Notre Dame as that final conference game.

Wonder what the SEC would do with only 8 conference games? Perhaps, the 9th game would be an ACC/SEC match up.

I would want to keep the ACC championship. Perhaps, the two schools with the best records could play instead of division winners.

Message was edited by: tshark®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What’d you think about playing only a conf fb schedule (8 games) & skipping acccg?

Apr 17, 2020, 7:51 PM

ND is not a ACC conference FB team, so if it's going to be conference team plus a non conference ND, then put USUC back on the schedule also, both or neither!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2020, 7:48 PM

No ACC championship game would suck!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2020, 7:59 PM

Let’s put it this way.If sports are not on track for the Fall,the economy will be beyond wrecked imo.People are much more aware about the guidelines so we all need to keep it up.Wonder who is making college football masks?Haven’t googled it.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2020, 9:46 PM

Regardless of the season. I would prefer we do away with Conference championships. They are archaic in the playoff era.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 18, 2020, 8:38 AM

Move the ACCCG back to Jacksonville. Stadium was always half empty there.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic