Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tajh Boyd's Sreelers Camp Tracking
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Tajh Boyd's Sreelers Camp Tracking

Aug 1, 2015, 7:21 AM

I have been trying to read as many fresh stories about Tajh's progress in camp and from what I have come across he is still struggling. Apparently he has a case of the fumbles, but Landry Jones is struggling making plays on the run.

I sure hope Tajh makes the team because my guess is this is his last chance before he has to go to the CFL and try his luck there if he wishes to continue playing.

If he strikes out and if he can't make the transition to the next level, he has a lot to offer as a coach and I am sure Chad Morris and Dabo could help him greatly finding a coaching job with eith of their programs or point him to a school that could get him started...Until them I am rooting for him to make the Steeler's roster.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Re: Tajh Boyd's Sreelers Camp Tracking

Aug 1, 2015, 11:14 AM

I've read a few reports that most of the fumbles were the rookie center's fault. Hopefully he progresses as camp goes on and the Steelers staff see that they can develop him into a quality back up because he does have the same playing style as Rothlisberger.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Tajh has Tajh had his reps lowered and Landry Jobes

Aug 1, 2015, 1:18 PM

has been given the vast majority in the past two practices. It will, however, come down to performance in the preseason games, according to the Steelers' OC. Hope Tajh kills it in the Hall of Fame Game and gets more reps in practice.

Jones...my fat fingered typing is legendary***

Aug 1, 2015, 1:20 PM

What you see now will be the extent of his NFL career.

Aug 1, 2015, 4:39 PM [ in reply to Tajh has Tajh had his reps lowered and Landry Jobes ]

He's just not good enough.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What you see now will be the extent of his NFL career.

Aug 1, 2015, 9:22 PM

Watch out! They'll come after you!

Maybe right, but did you ever like him? Just curious.***

Aug 1, 2015, 9:27 PM [ in reply to What you see now will be the extent of his NFL career. ]

Re: Maybe right, but did you ever like him? Just curious.***

Aug 2, 2015, 10:04 AM

I have met Boyd on multiple occasions and had several lengthy conversations with him. He is a great guy with a great personality. He lights up a room when he walks in.

What does this have to do with him not being an NFL QB? Just curious.

Hoping he can make it!

Aug 1, 2015, 7:45 PM

The NFL is no joke, however. Those pre season games will be interesting.

Aug 1, 2015, 9:43 PM

I hope TB makes the team and is able to live his dream. I think he has the talent to be a decent NFL QB but he has a lot of work to do.
I just don't think NFL teams will give him the few years he needs to grow and mature as a QB.

The latest, not so good, unfortunately. But, let's see how

Aug 2, 2015, 1:45 AM

he does in the preseason games:

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/8801419-74/team-receiver-seven#axzz3hdHRSJdB

You're a dumbo. If Tajh got to play with the first team OL

Aug 2, 2015, 10:48 AM

that Pittsburgh has right now he'd probably make the team; unfortunately, he's likely being relegated to reps with the 2nd to 4th teams.

So he probably feels right at home since he had to run 25 times for 27 yards against LSU that time and struggle through ACC play with an OL that wouldn't have made most SEC squads.

Keep the faith, Tiger Nation!

Send my Steelers some more hot receivers!!

Calling me names doesn't change Tajh's Struggles

Aug 2, 2015, 5:02 PM

He didn't make the Jets Squad, he was second string in the Developmental League and he is struggling with the Steelers..

Look, Tajh is my favorite Clemson QB and I am hoping that he makes the team...But I am not so blinded with passion that I fail to see reality.

At the level he is trying to compete no player can use the "play me with the starters"...nope, he has to earn his way just like ever player.

Sorry if that hurts your feelings

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Aug 2, 2015, 11:16 AM

I love Tajh as much as anyone. He was a great Clemson Tiger. But his pro potential- at least in the NFL- Iimited. He's short and lacks accuracy especially on the short to midrange throws. He doesn't have a super strong arm, and working on an NFL system is something he's never done.

For all you engineers, it's like going from algebra(Chad Morris) to thermodynamics(Chad Haley). The HUNH is designed to be simple and maximize the talent of the athletes on offense. Normally it requires few presnap reads, few check offs, and few keys. The NFL often calls two plays in the huddle(one run, one pass) each with their own presnap checks and calls. Then of courses what separates QBs is their post snap between the ears ability. It all happens I at 100 mph, and yet- has to look auto magic.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic