Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What you never hear about Marcus Lattimore.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,791

What you never hear about Marcus Lattimore.

Nov 6, 2014, 12:58 PM

It's sad that Marcus is having to retire. Had he remained injury free he would likely be having a good career in the NFL.

With all the accolades coming from well wishing fans and the media, nobody ever mentions Steve Spurrier's involvement with ruining this kids career.

Spurrier recklessly ran this guy like a junk yard dog, even after his first knee injury. Spurrier over used him and it cost Marcus his shot to play in the NFL.

Why is this not mentioned in Columbia? Why is this elephant in the corner ignored?

Are the coots afraid they will make spoiled Stevie mad and cause him to leave? What is the reason?

I find it very interesting that the pathologically minded Ol Ball Coach is showing some feeling of remorse and offering Lattimore a spot on the staff.

Is this as close to any acceptance of responsibility we will ever get from Spurrier? Who knows !

My advice to Lattimore would be, Thanks, but no thanks Steve !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IMO you can't put this at the feet of Spurrier.

Nov 6, 2014, 1:03 PM

It was a terrible injury, but he's not the first nor last guy to have it happen to.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Re: What you never hear about Marcus Lattimore.

Nov 6, 2014, 1:03 PM

As far as your post:

"I find it very interesting that the pathologically minded Ol Ball Coach is showing some feeling of remorse and offering Lattimore a spot of the staff."

I think what we're watching is a shell game. Spurrier is using Lattimore and his popularity as a cover and will quietly sneak off at the end of the season, when the spotlight is on their homecoming hero and no longer on the alcoholic j@ckass coward that's quickly driving their team into the ground.

Then again, he lifted that team up from the ground, so I guess he's just putting it back where it came from.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a very real possibility.***

Nov 6, 2014, 1:04 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What is the basis for this statement?

Nov 6, 2014, 1:25 PM

"Spurrier over used him and it cost Marcus his shot to play in the NFL."

His last injury was a freak thing, could have happened

Nov 6, 2014, 1:27 PM

on the first carry of his career.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spurrier is their god.

Nov 6, 2014, 1:26 PM

Example A:

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Nov 6, 2014, 1:28 PM

Not that I like defending the Old Drunk, but he merely did the same thing that coaches have done for 100 years. Old school coaches run their backs over and over and over and over and over.

Please don't make me defend Spurrier!

Nov 6, 2014, 1:32 PM

I'll just say I don't agree with you and leave it at that!

I'd be curious as to your logic here

Nov 6, 2014, 1:45 PM

Are you suggesting that his injury was due to fatigue or him being run too much? Actually, I know that answer it is exactly what you seem to be saying.

I'd be interested as to your reasoning on that one. I've seen nothing to suggest his injury was related to those things.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2014, 2:09 PM

I initially held the same opinion about spurrier running lattimore like a dog, but I took a look at the stats. His best season lattimore carried the rock a little less than 300 attempts, ~150 attempts the next two. Many college backs see 250 carries over there entire career. Ricky Williams regular saw +350 and even a 400 attempt season. Some peoples bodies are just built different. Running style would be my number one contributer. Lattimore ran high with knees exposed. Another factor is players tackling by just diving at knees instead of grappling. In his case he was grabbed high and folded with a dive down low. My fave rb on all levels is Jonathan Stewart, but is ankles are worthless.

LOL***

Nov 6, 2014, 2:09 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2014, 2:32 PM

I am so tired of hearing about this Coot on this board. Take it to fit if you want talk Coot junk.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,791
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic