Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What you don't understand...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

What you don't understand...

May 19, 2012, 6:41 PM

This conference expansion/realignment is very similar to buying a house. Right now we are in an averaged sized house (ACC) and looking to upgrade (Big 12 or SEC.) Have I lost you yet?

Anyways, the SEC is NOT, let me repeat... NOT available. It's simple, they just don't want FSU and Clemson, it makes no financial sense to add us. So all of you are saying, "Well the SEC makes more sense, why don't we just go there?" Well, hmmmm because they haven't made an offer!

If you're looking at my previous house example the SEC is basically a house that is not for sale and it's like you fans are knocking on the door saying "Ok, I am going to buy this house," it just won't happen. The options are Big 12 or ACC, not SEC... So you should go ahead and leave it alone.

I find it funny that it appears that like 95% of TigerNet isn't happy with the ACC and would jump ship to the SEC at the drop of a hat, but when Big 12 rumors come along it's always a 50-50 split, "Well that doesn't make sense--Travel costs, Big 12 teams infringing on southeastern recruiting areas, blah blah blah" but you want to stay in the ACC where we play the likes of Duke, Wake, and BC annually?

Do some of you just like to complain so you can hear yourselves talk? I'm no financial genius but moving to the Big 12 seems like almost all positives to me, this is all my opinion but I don't get some of the things I'm reading.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Since when do we play Duke annually?***

May 19, 2012, 6:43 PM

Re: Since when do we play Duke annually?***

May 19, 2012, 6:45 PM

I don't mean we play Duke annually I'm just saying every conference has sucky teams but I think Duke is one of those programs that's a whole new level of bad.

Re: What you don't understand...

May 19, 2012, 6:49 PM

Point taken, I know sec doesn't want us but that is because of usuc I believe. My point is that if we were gonna leave and had a choice sec makes more sense. That is all.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2012, 6:50 PM

I like your analogy & I agree with you. House ain't for sale - move on.

But in partial defense the opinions here - the SEC is a much better fit. We have longstanding rivalries that can be rekindled. Travel is not as far. (I personally prefer it).

But the bottom line is this - that house ain't for sale, ship's already sailed ... (any other metaphor you care to use)

So since I can't be with the girl I love - I love the girl I'm with. Go Big12.

Re: Re: What you don't understand...

May 19, 2012, 7:00 PM

Would love to see our tigers whip Texas on national tv!:)

Re: Re: What you don't understand...

May 19, 2012, 7:01 PM

I agree 100%, the SEC is no doubt a better fit than the Big 12. Teams are closer, no matter which way you slice it. But I'm just saying its' not an option. If there were offers on the table to the SEC and Big 12 and we could join one or stay ACC, I wouldn't even think about it. It would be SEC in a heartbeat. They're a great conference and if you can beat SEC teams you can pretty much beat anyone.

Going SEC would free up an OOC game because we could play UGA and USC annually and start new rivalries with new teams. But unfortunately it isn't an option and I agree that USC blocking us has something to do with it (not all). They are trying to maximize tv markets and adding Florida and SC doesn't do a whole lot for that. But the important thing outside of Clemson's academics is bettering the school in athletics as well and the ACC could keep us as a solid basketball school for a long time but that doesn't matter in SC. It's football first, and probably second and third before another sport. And the Big 12 could better this program. You're all right, SEC would be better but it's not available so harping on it doesn't do us much good.

May 19, 2012, 7:01 PM

I understand exactly what you are saying,and it makes pretty good sense.
However,while a move to the Big 12 could be considered an upgrade,they probably are only looking at building two houses and there are three potential buyers.Don't think for one moment that Miami is not at least a potential buyer.

Re: Re: Re: What you don't understand...

May 19, 2012, 7:03 PM

Agree but to be honest I ain't one of the harpers. :)

Re: Re: Re: Re: What you don't understand...

May 19, 2012, 7:06 PM

Neither am I. If the PAC 12 or Mountain West is the way to a national title then so be it. Being in a big conference is cool but do Vandy fans get to laugh in our face because they can go 3-9 in the "almighty SEC" while we win 10 games in the "lowly ACC"? No. Conference doesn't matter to me it is the end result and whether Clemson has a shot at major bowl games and eventually a national title in the end.

A house divided against itself cannot stand.....

May 19, 2012, 7:08 PM

It can't fall apart either, if you have a big enough army to keep it together.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This new house...the commute to work sure is going to be a

May 19, 2012, 7:13 PM

lot longer. But, the one we're in right now seems to be falling apart board by board.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic