Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo is all about teaching leadership
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 2,140

Dabo is all about teaching leadership

Jun 7, 2020, 3:24 PM

Leadership requires more of us. I think Dabo is shirking his leadership responsibilities in this current arena, but i can understand him perhaps not being comfortable outside his area of expertise.

However, when he got up this morning and looked himself in the mirror and saw a football matters shirt looking back at him - that is more than just staying away from political issues. That is absolutely removed from reality at best and a negative political statement at worst.

When your teenage QB is a better leader and spokesman for your program than the coach is - that is problematic.

Speak up Dabo and speak out !!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo is all about teaching leadership

Jun 7, 2020, 3:26 PM

Yawn

he is not shirking any responsibility

Jun 7, 2020, 3:34 PM

hashtags and platitudinal statements make little difference.

I stole this from another poster:
https://forge.medium.com/performative-allyship-is-deadly-c900645d9f1f

Dabo consistently leads by using his platform (call it white privilege if that makes you happy) to make the lives of hundreds of athletes better. These are friendships that go far beyond football and last long after these young men leave the university.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, and now he has a chance to speak to thousands more

Jun 7, 2020, 11:33 PM

on a subject that is vitally important to his players and all of the students from his university

and THIS is the shirt he chooses to put on ?? Really ??

Jun 7, 2020, 3:36 PM

Go home coot

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What would you like to hear from Dabo?***

Jun 7, 2020, 3:38 PM

Re: What would you like to hear from Dabo?***

Jun 7, 2020, 11:35 PM

How about a simple, clear statement that black people deserve to be treated equally, especially at the hands of our law enforcement officers and other government employees.

Is that really too much to ask ?

Jun 8, 2020, 1:20 AM

Tbh, it might be too much to ask. Unfortunately, you cant come out and agree with one side without condemning the other. Maybe he doesnt wanna speak up, just to have someone come out and accuse him of condemning police. And that goes both ways. If he says he supports law enforcement, then he'll be branded a racist.

Jun 8, 2020, 11:02 AM

Tbh, it might be too much to ask. Unfortunately, you cant come out and agree with one side without condemning the other. Maybe he doesnt wanna speak up, just to have someone come out and accuse him of condemning police. And that goes both ways. If he says he supports law enforcement, then he'll be branded a racist.

You're not condemning police if you condemn police brutality. I would think a board full of college graduates can easily understand that. Its a very easy stance to take actually. If police officers get butt hurt over that they should do more to eradicate the alleged "few bad apples" that keeps getting quoted.

Jun 8, 2020, 5:37 PM

Youre right. You can condemn the violence of a few w/o condemning the whole. I will better clarify my stance by saying it doesnt matter what you say or what you mean though. It matters how it will be spun by the other side. My point was walking on egg shells bc of the perception of what you say. Perfect example fro Mrs. Brees:

"To say “I don’t agree with disrespecting the flag” .. I now understand was also saying I don’t understand what the problem really is, I don’t understand what you’re fighting for, and I’m not willing to hear you because of our preconceived notions of what that flag means to us."

Her words exactly. Tbh, saying that about not disrespecting the flag isnt close to saying that you dont understand the real problem and all that. But that's what was heard. Nobody will take anything said right now at face value. It will be picked apart and spun.

And Ive seen a whole lot of ridiculous comments from the college educated, so please dont use that as a measuring stick of someone's capacity to rationalize lol.

Jun 7, 2020, 3:53 PM

Bull. TL aspires to be like Dabo when he grows up. Dabo does not have to say a word. Let all the B.S. politicos and self-righteous media idiots do something instead of just talking a bad game. And sir, what have you done to help the situation?

Jun 7, 2020, 4:23 PM

ddclemson said:

Bull. TL aspires to be like Dabo when he grows up. Dabo does not have to say a word. Let all the B.S. politicos and self-righteous media idiots do something instead of just talking a bad game. And sir, what have you done to help the situation?

Dabo DOES NOT avoid political topics. He only does when he can't be Captain Easy Stance.

Jun 7, 2020, 11:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo is all about teaching leadership ]

1. TL might have aspired to be like Dabo, but i bet he doesn't feel as strongly about that as he did a month ago.

2. I have been to several peaceful protests and spoken to half a dozen meetings about this topic.

Jun 7, 2020, 11:45 PM

Congratulations. You have apologized for white cops, white teachers, white business leaders and white coaches so much that you get invited back to "speak" again.

I guess Dabo doesn't want to apologize for other people, and no one has convinced him yet that he personally has mistreated or disrespected anyone.

So, other than trying to share his faith with young men in need, what do you want him to apologize for?

Jun 7, 2020, 4:02 PM

Tobias - What is WRONG with you?

Jun 7, 2020, 11:39 PM

Jim,
I sometimes make the mistake of thinking that if someone is exemplary in one field of endeavor then it is likely that they will be exemplary in another field of endeavor. Sometimes I am disappointed by my expectations.

Jun 7, 2020, 4:45 PM

I think Dabo is doing it right as always. He just needs to worry about his family, team, and not let the media dictate his reality. He is great.

Jun 7, 2020, 11:40 PM

Really ? Picking out that T-shirt today was doing it right ??

Jun 8, 2020, 8:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Dabo is all about teaching leadership ]

Carlsbad® said:

I think Dabo is doing it right as always. He just needs to worry about his family, team, and not let the media dictate his reality. He is great.

That would be great if it was true. I like Dabo. I really do. But he always opens his beak on issues that aren't just about his "family" and delves into political and controversial topics. Dabo talks about race, the anthem protests, paying college athletes, etc. Those don't have anything to do with his "family". You can argue that, well it has to do with college football/sports so that's why he comments. Well the current issues being protested have everything to do with his players and their families, so he's connected. He's out here telling these families that he will take care of these players and nurture them into grown responsible men. Part of that is being aware and addressing societal issues. How you can you go into a living room of these kids parents and act oblivious to issues, or start pretending that police brutality ON ALL races is not an issue?

Jun 7, 2020, 5:04 PM

He needs to get on the SJ lbgt bandwagon as well, get those cisgender facility additions to DV asap-What say you, TS (whiteknight)?

Football does matter. How does it not? What's wrong with

Jun 7, 2020, 5:09 PM

that shirt, Toby?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Football does matter. How does it not? What's wrong with

Jun 7, 2020, 7:16 PM

BLM-Violent extremist 501c3 funded by a myriad of sources from islamic extremists (redundant) to the billionaire anarchist, Soros-30 mil donation

Jun 7, 2020, 11:42 PM [ in reply to Football does matter. How does it not? What's wrong with ]

TD, does it matter as much as black people being unjustifiably killed in the street ? - by police officers ?

Jun 8, 2020, 12:02 AM

You generalize so often.

I guess I have higher expectations for history teachers. You do not have the curious mind you once boasted about, an articulate vocabulary or the willingness to see multiple perspectives on the same issue.

You must satisfy the parents of your prep school by something other than your grasp of history. Political connections? Fund raising? Did you start the debate club? No, that can't be it.

We're now over 300 police officers shot, burned by molotov cocktails, murdered in drive-bys or hospitalized while being assaulted, many of whom were in full riot gear, in the last 10 days.

Many were minorities doing their jobs. If you want to say every cop is responsible for Geo Floyd's death, use some real mental muscle--who is responsible for the premeditated murder of those cops?

Jun 7, 2020, 9:17 PM

Look Dumbo, that shirt he's shown wearing is the name of an organization he's active with and has nothing to do with the current situation. Quit looking for slights.

Jun 7, 2020, 11:43 PM

Of all the t-shirts Dabo owns, he picked that one to wear today ? Really ??

Jun 8, 2020, 9:31 AM

I've never called anyone a name on tnet so I'm sorry I called you Dumbo. Please accept my apologies. I should have called you Bimbo. Assuming that Dabo was trying to make a statement with his shirt... I think you were just having a "blonde" moment.

Take it to FGF They Will Like This Stuff

Jun 8, 2020, 9:38 AM

Dabo, has DONE more for African Americans and young people in general than any of us here. Just because BLM has decreed that only their message matters does not mean that is the sole truth and we all have to conform. Live your life, live it well, let your creator judge you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he made a statement, he said it was a horrible tragedy

Jun 8, 2020, 11:35 AM

etc. etc. etc. Go look it up. its on Tigernet somewhere. I think you're wanting him to be a political activist and call to defund police departments. He's not an idiot. He's a football coach that has handled all of this perfectly. You're just getting fed by the espn drive-bys that keep hitting him on this Tuttle nonsense.

Jun 8, 2020, 6:06 PM

Put a sock in it.

Replies: 29
| visibility 2,140
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic