Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What would a 50% capacity crowd do to
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

What would a 50% capacity crowd do to

Jun 22, 2020, 8:17 AM

the street value of CU football tickets?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you would think it make them skyrocket, what is difficult...

Jun 22, 2020, 8:34 AM

to gauge at this point is the amount of TICKED off donors and/or ticket holders that aren't apart of the lucky "50%" that just say "screw it" and stay home and/or not donate, lower donations, etc....

I understand some schools are better off financially to weather a "50%" storm, but a number will also never or take a LOOOONG time to recover.

As long as those not in the 50% get a refund, no problems.

Jun 22, 2020, 10:25 AM

Let the remaining 50% go to the highest bidder, or go yourself.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All season ticket holders will still get tickets, just

Jun 22, 2020, 9:02 PM [ in reply to you would think it make them skyrocket, what is difficult... ]

not to all games if they institute a 50% or so limit. And a partial refund, if they choose to accept it. Otherwise the refund gets rolled into cumulatve donation history.

Actually, it's not very complicated.

Pssst...hey buddy, over here.

Jun 22, 2020, 8:50 AM
setup.png(58.5 K)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What would a 50% capacity crowd do to

Jun 22, 2020, 8:56 AM

That's a good question.

One of my friends and fellow alumni said that the thought of sitting in a half empty stadium really have much appeal for him. He said he may just stay home and watch on tv unless somebody gives him free tickets.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, I think if they do a 50% thing, you would still be

Jun 22, 2020, 10:26 AM

hard pressed to unload them above face.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 22, 2020, 9:30 PM [ in reply to Re: What would a 50% capacity crowd do to ]

The crowd is half the fun of being a a football game . But I don’t think that the way this virus is going they will ever allow 50% attendance .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unfortunately, it will probably double the amount of people

Jun 22, 2020, 8:57 AM

who fall victim to the fake ticket scams. Wherever there is an increased demand for anything, criminals will rush in. Or those who lack Pappy O'Daniels moral fiber. Remember the $80 bottles of hand sanitizer when this Covid-19 pandemic was at its inception?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Based on the CDC's requirement of 6ft distancing...

Jun 22, 2020, 10:09 AM

I don't think 50% capacity would be feasible.

It would be more like 33%

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

It certainly won't double. There are going to be folks

Jun 22, 2020, 10:13 AM

who are scared to come to the games; others ticked off because they didn't get tickets in the first place; and others who don't think it will be fun to sit in a half full stadium.

Oh - and the people less afraid to come out (the younger folks) - are less likely to be able to afford a jacked-up ticket price...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It certainly won't double. There are going to be folks

Jun 22, 2020, 10:43 AM

Last year CU sold 61000 seaaon tickets. If 50% capacity was 41000 seated there may be 20000 that would not want to go and take a chance. I am undecided. They could offer season tickets in blocks of 4 or 5 games alternating seating assignments.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 22, 2020, 10:40 AM

At 50% capacity, that would not meet the social distancing minimum. Furthermore, if limited to any percentage capacity below 50%, chances are we would not be sitting in our regular seats. That's the part that concerns me. If I have to change seats, I will definitely stay home and watch the game on TV. With my luck, that game would probably be blacked out in our area.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 22, 2020, 10:48 AM

Under the circumstances I dont think games would be blacked out. I think they would have to skip 2 seats between to meet the minimum distance and stagger the rows. The biggest problem I see is getting everyone out at the end of a game. How do you dismiss by rows? At least, in Columbia they can start at halftime!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's 6 feet between groups, not individuals

Jun 22, 2020, 9:05 PM

Most season ticket holders have two or more tickets. It's all doable, and the state may recommend 75% by that point.

Jun 22, 2020, 11:00 AM

Well demand will increase but will be offset, somewhat, by those who wont go to games due to covid. My guess would be that cupcake games will have a slightly higher price, low level ACC games will have a slightly higher price... then the bigger games will have more of an increase. Hard to say though.

Jun 22, 2020, 7:14 PM

Seems like a more workable and possibly as effective strategy would be to require masks. Afterall, we are outside with good airflow. Furthermore, if you set capacity at 50%, those 50% would cram into the best seats so that the people density would be the same as 100% capacity unless they installed some sort of barrier to prevent people from sitting next to each other.

I’ve herd they may use whoopie cushions

Jun 22, 2020, 7:23 PM

to discourage occupancy of certain seats.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic