Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
War Room II article on TI
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

War Room II article on TI

Feb 8, 2013, 10:22 AM

Anybody read the headline article on TI today. Sure sounds like we had some inside info on an Ole Miss booster reaching out to Beverly "mother of the century" Nkemdiche. It talks about how she hadn't been there for years or even seen Denzel play in college. She basically came into the picture when Robert started getting all the press. Interesting to note that Adams gave silent verbals to us, Georgia, and Auburn but Lawson was the deciding factor.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wonder if we'd have been better off if we hadn't even

Feb 8, 2013, 10:31 AM

tried to work Lawson late after the Auburn firings. Was the Clemson visit the first time Adams and Lawson met?

Worst part was apparently Adams was a silent commit to us for a while.

Feb 8, 2013, 10:40 AM

Beverly N is a classic politician. Had nothing to do with Denzel, but then grandstands with Robert because of his ranking. If he wasn't the #1 recruit she would have never shown her face in America. He hasn't seen her in years, and hadn't lived with his family since he was a boy.

What a hot stinking pile she is.

Auburn realized that they were losing Adams to us

Feb 8, 2013, 10:43 AM

and so they paid off his "handler" in the 11th hour. They did the same thing with Lawson's father when he was heavily considering Tenn and us moreso then Auburn. They've turned this into an art form.

Sickening and it's only going to get worse.***

Feb 8, 2013, 10:47 AM

It's sad that we might have to cheat just to keep up

Feb 8, 2013, 10:50 AM

if the NCAA does not hammer Ole Miss and Auburn then it's going to be a free for all the likes of which hasn't been seen since the Pony express.

Re: Sickening and it's only going to get worse.***

Feb 8, 2013, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Sickening and it's only going to get worse.*** ]

it sure is going to only get worse until the gutless NCAA does something but they are afraid of ESPNSEC!!!!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I read one article that said, with all the MONEY the SEC

Feb 8, 2013, 4:54 PM

teams have now, it's going to be the new normal for them to pay to get who ever they want.

now with the new restrictions on recruiting, more money for the SEC teams to spend on setting up departments to not only recruit but to make sure if recruiting can't get them they have someone to pay them.

These new TV contracts will forever change College Football unless the NCAA gets balls enough to stop it with major major major penalties for those caught paying the recruits, parents, or handlers.

someone needs to have the ability to check the checking account of Adams handler

I have a feeling I'd completely stop watching the sport if I

Feb 8, 2013, 10:46 AM

really had any idea all of the stuff that goes on recruiting and in the locker room. The fact is there are certainly ways the NCAA could make recruiting far more transparent and better for the kids. It's not like they don't have the money or resources to enforce whatever they want. They choose not to do so.

It's kinda like our government with taxes. Plenty of states have been using flat sales tax in lieu of income tax for years with success. The US government chooses not to do so because a fuzzy cloud of tax codes let's those who want to cheat the system do it.

What works for a state doesn't always work for the federal gov't.

Feb 8, 2013, 2:26 PM

A nationwide sales tax is regressive, first of all, putting undue burden on the lower and middle class. Secondly, it incentivizes hoarding, which is terrible for the economy.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What works for a state doesn't always work for the federal gov't.

Feb 8, 2013, 2:39 PM

Why wouldn't it work for a federal gov't when it works for a state gov't? It's the same math right?

Feb 8, 2013, 2:39 PM [ in reply to What works for a state doesn't always work for the federal gov't. ]

Why wouldn't it work for a federal gov't when it works for a state gov't? It's the same math right?

The one thing that would make it work is to give a

Feb 8, 2013, 5:21 PM

waiver to folks making under a certain income.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Feb 8, 2013, 6:25 PM [ in reply to Re: What works for a state doesn't always work for the federal gov't. ]

No, it's not.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: War Room II article on TI

Feb 8, 2013, 11:07 AM

I agree with I would probably hate college football if we knew what actually went on in recruiting.

I'd rather watch some MTV reality show than give ....

Feb 8, 2013, 11:11 AM

....the Nkemdiche family another second of my time. At least the MTV shows are deliberately exaggerated (I assume).

Feb 8, 2013, 2:48 PM

Agreed, but there are far worse programs in place already that take advantage of the lower class (lottery, etc). I, for one, am an advocate of a flat tax. Fair is fair.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only a brainwashed liberal would

Feb 8, 2013, 2:53 PM

Think the flat tax is a bad idea. You should pay the same tax % weather you make $1 or 1 million

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic