Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Former Clemson DB transfers to Furman
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

TNET: Former Clemson DB transfers to Furman

Jan 4, 2018, 6:36 PM

Former Clemson DB transfers to Furman

The Furman football team announced three transfers into their program on Thursday including former Clemson defensive back Aamir Trapp. The redshirt sophomore wi Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great school - Best wishes to Mr. Trapp!***

Jan 4, 2018, 8:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Former Clemson DB transfers to Furman

Jan 4, 2018, 8:19 PM

That gives them an advantage for the first game. I hope we throw to the other side.

I raced his father

Jan 4, 2018, 8:52 PM

and lost horribly in 1991. I wish nothing but the best for Amir as he continues his journey.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What were you thinking?...

Jan 4, 2018, 9:36 PM

:) ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What were you thinking?...

Jan 4, 2018, 11:09 PM

Well, I'll tell ya...

I went to Charleston Southern to run track. We came up to Clemson for a meet and we were very slim as far as roster slots. I think we had about 15 guys and girls. I was mainly a 400m guy, and pretty decent at 800m. I was a skinny white dude that was faster than I had any right to be. And in a track meet, small schools ask kids to perform in multiple events that are outside of their wheelhouse in the hope that they might snag a 3rd place point or two. I was asked to do the 200m. At the time, I thought it was a great idea.

I fell in the same heat as James Trapp. I think I was in the 2nd lane and he was outside in maybe 6 or 7, so I could see him on my right.

Now, let me just say that I knew who he was when we were lining up. And this wasn't even the main event, it was just a heat. But, I was watching him. I knew he was a potential Olympian and, at that stage in life, we all wanted to be 'that guy.'

Another important bit of information is that in the 400m and 800m you didn't necessarily just start sprinting at the gun. I typically watched my competition and matched their pace until I could finish them. This is not the case in the 200m. It's a balls-on-fire sprint to the finish.

James Trapp beat me like I was standing in quicksand. I had family in the stands. I was embarrassed. He beat me by at least 2 seconds. I think I finished 5th in my heat of 8. I was not wreathed in glory.

But, I'll tell you this... James Trapp ran like a tiny god. He was something to see. I'll never forget that day. I was dominated, but I loved it. I wish I could say something like "we had beers afterwards" but that never happened. He went on to the Olympics and I went on to Tigernet. And there ya have it. I don't regret anything. :)

I wish things had worked out better for Amir. I was really pulling for him. But, life happens and sometimes we miss the Olympics by a second or two.

I enjoyed this. Thanks for sharing.***

Jan 5, 2018, 11:02 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Former Clemson DB transfers to Furman

Jan 4, 2018, 10:50 PM

Dabo seemed a hurt to lose him. I think Dabo was going to use him more next year and put him in the return game.

I wish you the best brother, you will be missed!

Go Tigers and Paladins!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Wish he had his father's speed

Jan 5, 2018, 10:13 AM

If he was just small, but fast, that would be great. Unfortunately he is small and not so fast.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Good luck and have a successful Paladin career***

Jan 5, 2018, 11:30 AM

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic