Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What was your favorite Clemson victory over South Carolina?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 62
| visibility 1

What was your favorite Clemson victory over South Carolina?

Jun 4, 2019, 1:51 PM

The question of the week is up!
??What was your favorite Clemson victory over South Carolina?

I'll give you my favorite...

...on the show TOMORROW NIGHT!!! ??????

https://www.facebook.com/themorganthomasshow/photos/pb.370696517039043.-2207520000.1559670426./457043465071014

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

63-17, 45-0 was nice too and 56-35 is fresh along with 56-7

Jun 4, 2019, 1:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 63-17, 45-0 was nice too and 56-35 is fresh along with 56-7

Jun 4, 2019, 7:41 PM

That 45-0 was some serious stomping. Clemson ran over the Coots in that Danny game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What was your favorite Clemson victory over South Carolina?

Jun 4, 2019, 1:56 PM

All of 'em that happened since I was about 6 years old.

27-6,, 1980.***

Jun 4, 2019, 1:59 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. They were supposed to kill us. We were 5-5 and they

Jun 4, 2019, 2:11 PM

had George Rogers. First time in the orange pants. What a glorious day.

Re: 27-6,, 1980.***

Jun 4, 2019, 3:37 PM [ in reply to 27-6,, 1980.*** ]

Willie Underwood Bowl. LEFT NO DOUBT. Sign of things to come!!

Jun 4, 2019, 7:42 PM [ in reply to 27-6,, 1980.*** ]

Prelude to bigger things. :)

Jun 4, 2019, 8:29 PM

I just made a video documentary of that 1980 Clemson-usuc game today. They beat the heck out of George Rogers. After that game he said that he had never been hit harder in a game than he was in that one. Steve Durham, Jeff Davis, Danny Triplett and Willie Underwood had monster games that day.

Jun 4, 2019, 2:16 PM

2014 ending the time of sorrows. ACC beat all sec rivals that day. And it was a beautiful sunny afternoon to hang out at the tailgate and bask in the glow

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2019, 2:22 PM

While they are all wonderfully equal the one that sticks out to me was at USuC my freshman year in 1977. Tigers went out to a big halftime lead like 24-0 or 24-7. USuC came back in the second half and went ahead 27-24 with just shy over a minute left. Fuller walks them down the field and hit Jerry Butler to make it 31-27 with about a half a minute left. I thought the Coot fans were going to jump off the upper deck in despair. One of the Clemson defensive guys when asked about the last defensive stand againt USuC as they tried to drive the field said it didn't matter, we were so pumped up the Dallas Cowboys couldn't have scored on us (back when Dallas was good). I loved that game

Message was edited by: TigerBill82®

Message was edited by: TigerBill82®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My first college football game... Why I am a Clemson fan.***

Jun 4, 2019, 3:40 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's always been my favorite, because it seemed like we

Jun 4, 2019, 8:47 PM [ in reply to Re: What was your favorite Clemson victory over South Carolina? ]

beat them twice that day! Being up 24-0 at the half, many of the coots left at halftime! Then, after their big second half comeback, we break their hearts!

Jun 4, 2019, 8:47 PM [ in reply to Re: What was your favorite Clemson victory over South Carolina? ]

All of them are great but 1977 is my number one. Senior in high school and sitting in the end zone where fuller hit butler for the greatest catch I have ever witnessed! Never forget it!!!

Jun 4, 2019, 9:46 PM

One of most exciting wins in college football history, not just Clemson-Carolina history. Fuller to Butler in back of end zone after their players took off jerseys to show ‘No Cigars today T shirts’ underneath. Dwight Clark also had key catch on last drive I believe on fourth down.

Jun 4, 2019, 9:46 PM [ in reply to Re: What was your favorite Clemson victory over South Carolina? ]

One of most exciting wins in college football history, not just Clemson-Carolina history. Fuller to Butler in back of end zone after their players took off jerseys to show ‘No Cigars today T shirts’ underneath. Dwight Clark also had key catch on last drive I believe on fourth down.

Jun 4, 2019, 9:46 PM [ in reply to Re: What was your favorite Clemson victory over South Carolina? ]

The piggy back game.***

Jun 4, 2019, 2:25 PM

Jun 4, 2019, 2:26 PM

All of them for the past 81 years when I was nine years old and my oldest brother was a freshman at Clemson . Go TIGERS

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2019, 2:27 PM

1980, 27 - 6. Debut of the orange britches!

Jun 4, 2019, 2:27 PM

2000. Senior year and nothing will top that for me. Completing a 4 year sweep with a 16-14 win.

Easy. 63-17. USuC was actually favored going into

Jun 4, 2019, 2:31 PM

that game and they were SO confident that they would kill us at home.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: Easy. 63-17. USuC was actually favored going into

Jun 5, 2019, 1:12 AM

Yes - me too - Tigersense .... Was out celebrating 60th birthday - and waiter - who was a SCar fan - kept bringing us updates .... lol

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Re: Easy. 63-17. USuC was actually favored going into

Jun 5, 2019, 1:18 AM

Easy choice, 63-17. Second choice, Lou's last game in DV!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2019, 2:33 PM

56-7 was great b/c the Chickens looked like a HS team. My cheering quickly turned to laughter.

The Rod Garner catch was great b/c the Chicks had just scored to go ahead. We plunged the dagger in the heart amid the bedlam of the last few seconds. It was beautiful.

Those were two great moments spent in Death Valley.

Jun 5, 2019, 1:14 AM

The Rod Gardner catch was a fantastic game ... My daughter-in-law admitted she called friends to celebrate after SCar scored - then had to retract ... lol

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

63-17 was fun. Chicken fans cussing and flipping each other off as they left.***

Jun 4, 2019, 2:35 PM

Chronologically: 27-6; 45-0; 63-17***

Jun 4, 2019, 2:35 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2019, 2:48 PM

The first year they ever played in Death Valley.

Jun 4, 2019, 2:58 PM

Nov. 23, 1974. Being in Tiger Band, the last time in a game with the Busbees, and serenading Pepsodent Paul. Did not get to go to a bowl because the bowls were tied up by the first of November. UNC was given a bowl birth before we played them, so it felt extra good to beat those goats.

the game as a whole was sloppy but the Woody to Rod Gardner

Jun 4, 2019, 3:00 PM

game and the last second FG win was awesome. That game created so much whining and crying and excuses that you can still hear in Cootlumbia today. We played like complete crap,,,still won.

2014: One legged man wins ### kicking contest. Oh, and

Jun 4, 2019, 3:00 PM

ends USuk's only real achievement in 100 years of football, the 5-bomb.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

my favorite

Jun 4, 2019, 3:07 PM

Is the last one we played only to be topped by the next one! Go Tigers . Support Clemson. All in$

All of 'em......and the worst loss......

Jun 4, 2019, 3:05 PM

All of 'em

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

63-17

Jun 4, 2019, 3:09 PM

Coot players couldn't stop us and coot fans were angrier than usual that night. lol

Re: 63-17

Jun 4, 2019, 3:19 PM

1971 Beat them 17-7 in Columbia ending a 3 game winning streak. Their QB threw more interceptions than completions.

Re: 63-17

Jun 5, 2019, 1:19 AM

Was Todd "Cycling in" Ellis the QB ??

That was before my time but it sounds like it was a fun game

Jun 5, 2019, 12:14 PM [ in reply to Re: 63-17 ]

to watch.

Yes***

Jun 4, 2019, 3:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

^^^ misspelled 1999, WillyB, Coots go 0-11, 0-21 streak...

Jun 4, 2019, 3:18 PM

that's the good stuff.

56-7

Jun 4, 2019, 3:15 PM

It was my last game in the Valley as a student.

1977 - "The Catch" at W-B without a doubt............

Jun 4, 2019, 3:42 PM

will never forget how the Cockk fans thought they had come back in the end to win only to get screwed with Jerry Butler made "The Catch" to win the game.

It was, yet again, another bitter disappointment for them.

They are all awesome!

Jun 4, 2019, 3:59 PM

Hard to pick just one win as they are all great and memorable. However, 63-17 was the first time I went to Willie Brice to see a game and it was both exciting and scary at the same time. My wife was with me and we just kept scoring and their fans just kept getting more and more angry and mouthy. They were so pissed off.

I went back to see 34-10 in 2017 and they were not as mouthy although they were fairly confident that they could win until Bentley's 1st pass of the ballgame.

56-7 in 2016 was probably my favorite win because it really showed how good we were and how outclassed they were. Mike Williams was just incredible and King became my favorite coot player ever!

Jun 4, 2019, 3:56 PM

Boom

https://kristencatania.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/20clemsonsouthcarolina.jpeg

Our wide receiver coach beat your legend***

Jun 4, 2019, 4:25 PM

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

The next one.***

Jun 4, 2019, 4:28 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The next one.***

Jun 5, 2019, 1:23 AM

And .... that right there Row86 ... is your 1000th point ... -:)

Jun 4, 2019, 5:24 PM

See Game Results

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clemson–South_Carolina_rivalry

Jun 4, 2019, 5:25 PM

See Game Results

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clemson–South_Carolina_rivalry

the 1st time we broke out the orange pants, we were

Jun 4, 2019, 5:55 PM

heavy underdogs. What made it different was we came out to warm up with white then ran down the hill in orange. Never seen that happen again anywhere

The Catch 1 & 2 tie for first! Then 63-17!!

Jun 4, 2019, 6:32 PM

Great memories. I was just a kid for the first "The catch" but I remember it well!

The next one

Jun 4, 2019, 6:54 PM

The next one

Jun 4, 2019, 7:23 PM

My favorite might be the "shixty free to sheventeen" beat down on LOUser Holtz. That game sent him to their coaching graveyard.

63-17

Jun 4, 2019, 7:31 PM

I was there in the stands that night.

Was sweet !!!!

For me it was the 1995 game we won 38-17

Jun 4, 2019, 7:53 PM

In the Roach. Insignificant game, but I was a Clemson student and had two $50 bets with mouthy gamecock fans, One happened to be my relative. That was a fortune to a college student back then, and it was so sweet collecting that money the next week. I remember in laughing so hard as Emery Smith dragged that South Carolina player about 15 yards down the field at the end of the game, it was so sweet

Re: For me it was 45-0

Jun 4, 2019, 8:35 PM

45-0 was pretty special as I had a beer bottle thrown at me and highway patrol ask me to leave, not for something I did wrong but my safety. Might have been the first case of triggered now that I think about it.

I enjoyed muschamp's first game against us. What was the score?

Jun 4, 2019, 8:41 PM

56-7?

The Catch II. Yanking victory from the jaws of defeat is

Jun 4, 2019, 9:09 PM

just so sweet!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2019, 9:24 PM

Trick question.....the answer is ALL of them!!! ;)

1st and 35.. I was sitting in the coot section with my

Jun 5, 2019, 1:21 AM

little brother... He was in panic mode. I told him.. let's cut the yardage in half on the first 2 plays and we'll have a manageable 3rd down.

That's exactly how it played out and the coots in our section were furious. It was so good..

I also had seats in the gamecock club for the 63-17 game. I got a few death threats from old men that night

Jun 5, 2019, 12:16 PM

Wow! I love all the responses! Thank you to everyone for sharing!

If you are interested, come join us tonight on the show. 8:30PM EST on Facebook Live.

If you are anti-Facebook...no worries! I put up all the replays on the show YouTube page.

Links below:

?LIKE us on Facebook to join the show LIVE every Wednesday: http://bit.ly/morganonfacebook

?SUBSCRIBE to get all the latest content from the show: http://bit.ly/morganonyoutube

?FOLLOW Morgan on Twitter: http://bit.ly/morganontwitter

November 30, 2019

Jun 5, 2019, 12:27 PM

The next one is always better!

Jun 5, 2019, 1:37 PM

I don't know why but the 2007 win was extremely satisfying. I guess because the Tigers truly snatched victory from the jaws of defeat. Tigers down 21-20 with about 3 mins, maybe less than 3, left and we stop them on a big 3rd play forcing them to punt. I believe they pretty much win if they convert that 3rd down. So then the ensuing drive, which included some clutch catches, leads to the winning FG at the buzzer!

Replies: 62
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic