Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wearing contacts again for the first time in years
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Wearing contacts again for the first time in years

Oct 2, 2019, 4:46 PM

been in glasses for a while but can't play golf in them, etc.

Any tips on getting used to the contacts quicker? Should I be putting drops in a few times day to keep them from drying out on me?

TIA

Edit: This was a stupid place to ask this question, but I won't delete bc I enjoy the stupid ####### responses I'll get.

Message was edited by: tmitchell27®

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Heck yeah, I had to. sometimes still do.

Oct 2, 2019, 4:50 PM

I just keep them in my pocket on those kind of days.

I use them for monovision and headaches are my issue these days. It depends on what I'm doing though.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#relatable

Oct 2, 2019, 4:59 PM

I mainly wear glasses nowadays. I used to wear contacts, but I find that my eyes get super dry. Today I was driving with my contacts in and sunglasses on, but had to take off the sunglasses because I couldn't read my GPS screen. Then I sneezed because the sun was so bright. Eff I'm old, man.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've switched to a monocle. Stylish, yet fuctional.***

Oct 2, 2019, 5:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've switched to a monocle. Stylish, yet fuctional.***

Oct 2, 2019, 6:52 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My only advice is that the 2-4 week expiration

Oct 2, 2019, 6:29 PM

(i.e. the recommendation for throwing disposable contacts away) is vastly overstated.

Contacts are pretty expensive overall, so I've always stretched them out as long as I can. For example, I'm wearing the same pair of disposable lenses now as I wore on News Years Even of 2014. I can't quite see as well as I could on that night, but I've easily saved $500 over the past half decade in refusing to abide by the doctors recommendations and/or the expiration date on the lenses.

I still have a whole box of lenses that expired in 2016! Lol, that's not going to stop me from using them.

God, contacts are expensive.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What type of contacts?

Oct 2, 2019, 6:42 PM

Toric lenses? Dailies, weeklies, monthlies?

I honestly cannot remember whenever I started out with contacts regarding the dry eyes, I think your body adapts eventually and they won't dry out on you. Find some eye drops rated for contacts though "Visine for Contacts" is what I have on my desk right now.

If you have dailies you can ignore the following advice. Actually rub your lenses with the "no-rub" solution whenever you take them out (whenever they're warmer the proteins and build up can wipe off easier). NEVER USE A RED CAP SOLUTION IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE APPROPRIATE CASE. I use monthlies, and typically stretch them for a month and a half until they start getting outrageously uncomfortable after 12 hours of wear.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: What type of contacts?

Oct 2, 2019, 7:53 PM

I’m in Toric lenses. Two week type. I messed up and used red cap solution one time before and burned my flipping eyes out the next time I put the contacts in so I’m aware of that. Thanks for the advice.

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't play golf wearing glasses either.

Oct 2, 2019, 8:15 PM

or any other way. I suck at golf.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic