»
Topic: What the CFP committee is saying with the rankings.
Replies: 7   Last Post: Nov 13, 2019 6:31 AM by: bretfsu
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 7  

What the CFP committee is saying with the rankings.

[5]
Posted: Nov 12, 2019 8:12 PM

1. No worries. Win and your in.
LSU/UGA, Clemson, Ohio State/Minnesota/Penn State.

2. Win and you will be considered for the 4th spot regardless of what happens.
Bama, Oregon, Utah

3. Even if you win out, you're gonna need some help
Oklahoma/Baylor.

Oklahoma and Baylor will be ranked below any 1 loss conference champ. And, they will be ranked below a one loss Bama or a lone loss LSU. That appears to be the message the committee is sending.

And, LSU is the only team that could lose a game (SEC Championship) and still be considered for the playoffs.

Re: What the CFP committee is saying with the rankings.

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 8:20 PM

What they are saying is there will be 2 SEC teams in the playoffs unless Georgia or Alabama loses in a shocker. A Georgia loss in the SEC championship puts Alabama in the playoff. A Georgia win puts LSU in the playoff at the 4 spot.

The playoffs are set unless someone trips up badly.

[1]
Posted: Nov 12, 2019 8:53 PM

You could be right, but if I were Bama I'd sure be pulling for Oregon to lose. I wouldn't take it for granted that Bama would be picked over a 12-1 Oregon, PAC 12 champ.

[3]
Posted: Nov 12, 2019 9:07 PM

Alabama needs both Oregon and Utah to lose. If Utah wins out and beats #6 Oregon in the PAC 12 championship game, they will jump an idle Alabama.

Same goes for Oregon. If they win out and beat #7 Utah in the PAC 12 championship game, they will jump an idle Alabama.

The PAC 12 is set up nicely to get that final spot. They have two teams within sticking distance and if they both win out their remaining games and matchup in the PAC 12 championship game, then it's a wrap.

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 10:19 PM

Agreed. Bama needs some teams to lose or maybe have Auburn beat UGa badly and then beat Auburn badly and have LSU win big the rest of the year including the SEC champ game.

Golic and Wingo agree with you.

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 6:31 AM

They think Bama is the one who needs more help than Oregon or Utah. "Unless the PAC 12 championship game is an unbelievable dud, the winner of that game, assuming it is a one loss team, will jump Bama."

And, they say that the Big 12 needs "a ton of help" to get in.

agreed***

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 8:57 PM

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 9:14 PM

If Baylor wins out they will be undefeated beating everybody in the Big 12 once and probably twice for Oklahoma. They won't be behind Oregon, Utah, or Bama. Minnesota beating OSU in the B1G or Georgia winning out might cause problems, but I doubt anything else.

Replies: 7  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Fiesta Bowl
FOR SALE: FIESTA BOWL HOTEL ROOM RESERVATIONS IN DOWNTOWN PHOENIX – STAY WHERE THE ACTION IS! I have several h...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
1474 people have read this post