Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What the Bama board thinks of the Turner issue
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

What the Bama board thinks of the Turner issue

Jan 23, 2016, 9:39 AM

"Good job Dabo. People talk football family. This move shows it."
http://alabama.247sports.com/Board/116/Contents/Clemson-offered-Nolan-Turner-full-scholarship--43063383

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks

Jan 23, 2016, 9:41 AM

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/01/vestavia_hills_db_nolan_turner.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thanks

Jan 23, 2016, 10:21 AM

The most interesting thing about all that???

That's "Al.com" referring to Clemson as "ACC POWERHOUSE". Do you think they would've made that reference in December? I don't.

It's a small thing......but it's a big thing. Sometimes people accidentally say what they're thinking.

WHy didn't Alabama use one of their precious scholarships

Jan 23, 2016, 10:09 AM

and give to him. I saw where some of them thought Clemson had nothing better to do with it anyway. Not like we had 4-start safeties beating down the door. So arrogant and self-righteous, but they weren't about to use one of their scholarships for him.

Tell em coot.***

Jan 23, 2016, 10:11 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Original aren't you. I guess you got that from your hero.***

Jan 23, 2016, 10:16 AM

Being a contrarian, just to be a contrarian, is original?

Jan 23, 2016, 10:55 AM

I'd say no, in fact, it's parasitic. In the end, you need a host to provide an idea for you to latch on to.

Feel free to play devils advocate you want, but don't be surprised if others call you out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: WHy didn't Alabama use one of their precious scholarships

Jan 23, 2016, 10:14 AM [ in reply to WHy didn't Alabama use one of their precious scholarships ]

This is about the class and upstanding behavior shown by Dabo Swinney ...which is routine and shows what a good man he really is .
On the outside , Turner can play at this level . I suppose special teams to start ...but watch his scouting film , he is really good .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I'm sorry. I thought it was about offering to the most

Jan 23, 2016, 10:18 AM

deserving, instead of those with connections. I thought it was about winning football games. Maybe that's why some are champions and some are runner-ups.

^^^A$$clown^^^***

Jan 23, 2016, 10:24 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm sorry. I thought it was about offering to the most

Jan 23, 2016, 10:39 AM [ in reply to I'm sorry. I thought it was about offering to the most ]

You thought wrong, in this case.

Jan 23, 2016, 11:07 AM [ in reply to I'm sorry. I thought it was about offering to the most ]

That's why some are hiring rehashed coaches and falling short of 4 wins in a season . It's why at Clemson our walk-ons and grayshirts and even our questionable sholly players are usually better football players than the "desirables" that the Dirtpeckers can scrounge up .
It's why Dabo owns y'all now , and probably into the 20's from the looks of it .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Yes, we need to squeeze all of the toothpaste out of

Jan 23, 2016, 11:42 AM [ in reply to I'm sorry. I thought it was about offering to the most ]

that tube.

Jan 23, 2016, 11:43 AM [ in reply to I'm sorry. I thought it was about offering to the most ]

And you are a worthless capon. Go back to FGF!

I'll take that bet, escrowed ... You name the number.***

Jan 23, 2016, 2:47 PM [ in reply to I'm sorry. I thought it was about offering to the most ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope.

Jan 24, 2016, 10:00 AM [ in reply to I'm sorry. I thought it was about offering to the most ]

It's why one team won 14 games and another won 3. I'ts why one team has more Sports Illustrated covers than your Coots have wins.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Only time you'll see Saban and family in the same sentence:

Jan 23, 2016, 10:15 AM [ in reply to WHy didn't Alabama use one of their precious scholarships ]

"Nick Saban killed and ate his family."

Saban thought he had him with IN STATE tuition.

Jan 23, 2016, 10:55 AM [ in reply to WHy didn't Alabama use one of their precious scholarships ]

Read the articles instead of just typing, Dabo and staff have been recruiting this kid for 2 years,ever since he came to Dabo's camp.

Jan 23, 2016, 2:57 PM [ in reply to WHy didn't Alabama use one of their precious scholarships ]

He had a preferred walk-on position at Alabama plus in-state tuition. Maybe there was more aid available from the state of Alabama that wouldn't have counted against the scholly limit. I don't know.

Pretty straight-up choice for Dabo: We offer or he goes to Alabama.

Jan 24, 2016, 9:49 AM [ in reply to WHy didn't Alabama use one of their precious scholarships ]

You aren't a Clemson fan

HTH

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Let's see...5 straight 10 win seasons...14-1 and played for

Jan 23, 2016, 10:33 AM

the National Championship this year...guess our coaches don't know a darn thing about judging talent.
Give it a rest.
Go Tigers!!

Yeah, that was my point

Jan 23, 2016, 10:49 AM

Did you even bother to read my post?

They recognize that Dabo knows exactly what he's doing and

Jan 23, 2016, 10:34 AM

that only a fool would question a move like this.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

The cream always rises to the top...

Jan 23, 2016, 10:37 AM

Doing the right thing always shines brighter than cheap gimmicks, like what Jim Harbaugh has done at Michigan. One is always willing ready and able to "build bridges" while the other strikes a match just to watch them burn. The world is mystified by this "Everyman" that always seems to do the right thing when it would be easier to do nothing. Great job Coach Swinney!

Re: The cream always rises to the top...

Jan 23, 2016, 10:45 AM

Coty Sensabaugh, Tyler Grisham, Adam Humphries, Hunter Renfrow, Greg Huegel, T.J.Green, yeah...they were all at the top of the big-time programs recruiting lists. 'Intangible' measurables are what these guys had...and here's guessing Nolan Turner comes from the same bolt of very special fabric!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I really don't Care what The Bama Folks said.

Jan 23, 2016, 11:51 AM

All I know is I love and Trust what Our Coaches here at Clemson is doing.
They know what we need more than anybody else.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2016 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Re: I really don't Care what The Bama Folks said.

Jan 23, 2016, 11:53 AM

Amen! ????????

Just thought I'd give another perspective for the jackarses

Jan 23, 2016, 2:41 PM [ in reply to I really don't Care what The Bama Folks said. ]

who keep complaining.

Re: Just thought I'd give another perspective for the jackarses

Jan 23, 2016, 2:53 PM

Thanks for sharing. It's one thing to discount an opponent's criticisms or over-zealous fanatics. However, when admiration for the program and coaches we're so proud of is shown, it's really nice to see. Just ignore our own 'over-zealous' fanatics! :)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good - I appreciate it.***

Jan 23, 2016, 5:48 PM [ in reply to Just thought I'd give another perspective for the jackarses ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: What the Bama board thinks of the Turner issue

Jan 23, 2016, 2:55 PM

"As was posted , just a couple of walk on offers; obviously Dabo taking care of an ex teammates son."

Re: What the Bama board thinks of the Turner issue

Jan 24, 2016, 8:51 AM

HUGE difference in simply building a team and building a sustainable program and a culture that will be THE model for college athletics in the future. People don't yet understand this man and is "not of this world" mentality........but they soon will! Many will then try to duplicate it but most will fail because ours is genuine and real. The perfect marriage of Dabo's and Clemson's DNA. IMPOSSIBLE to fake the real thing. A team and program is more than an assembly of 4 & 5 star athletes, but many many pieces many of which are not publicized and greatly under appreciated. Go CDS and his incredible coaches and staff......GO TIGERS!

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic