Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UGA had better hope that Cole Stoudt plays well
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

UGA had better hope that Cole Stoudt plays well

Aug 21, 2014, 3:24 PM

Keep in mind that I have been a Cole supporter for 2-3 years, but if for some reason Cole has a poor showing at UGA, then Deshaun Watson is a major wildcard for their D. Inserting DW into the lineup at any point in the game could cause the stands to empty in a hurry. Nobody really knows just how good DW is, whereas Cole at least has college playing experience that can be studied.

So - UGA had better hope the game is close, and Cole is playing well enough to keep him in the entire game. Personally, I think Cole lights up their secondary and it becomes a track meet. UGA goes down before DW enters the game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CDS and CM have already said Watson will play against UGa***

Aug 21, 2014, 3:27 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: CDS and CM have already said Watson will play against UGa***

Aug 21, 2014, 3:37 PM

That doesn't fit their SOP of the past. There were plenty of games in the past that Morris/Dabo could have let Cole play had we managed to get a decent lead. In EVERY case I can remember, they kept Boyd in the game in close games (save when Boyd was injured). I know it's not apples-to-apples comparison for Cole/Watson, but they would surprise me letting a true FR in the game in a hostile environment if the game were very close. Not saying it won't happen, but they've never shown that style of coaching.

Aug 21, 2014, 3:40 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/update/player/Morris-Deshaun-Watson-play-Georgia-16426

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Aug 21, 2014, 3:48 PM [ in reply to Re: CDS and CM have already said Watson will play against UGa*** ]

They were all about TB breaking and setting records. That won't be the case this year. JMHO

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. +1....***

Aug 22, 2014, 12:36 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree that has not been their SOP, but....

Aug 21, 2014, 4:38 PM [ in reply to Re: CDS and CM have already said Watson will play against UGa*** ]

we can only go by what they said and they specifically said Watson would play against Georgia. Who knows if that means one play, one series, or one quarter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

They don't have a ton on Cole, either

Aug 21, 2014, 3:47 PM

Morris called plays a little differently with Cole in the past. This is the first year that he's been at what I'd call a healthy weight. He had that food allergy, so he's always been a twig.

They got that figured out and added the training table, and suddenly he's NFL QB weight.

Re: UGA had better hope that Cole Stoudt plays well

Aug 21, 2014, 4:43 PM

I'm not sure Cole Stoudt has game film, I think the cameras were off by that time against SC State. Maybe for those couple of drives against Georgia Tech they were still rolling

Please let a true FR play as many snaps as possible

Aug 21, 2014, 5:41 PM

I'm sure DW will be a very good player for Clemson in time, but let's be honest here. No one in their right mind wants a true FR QB to get a ton of snaps on the road against a big opponent as that kids first taste of college ball. That's a recipe for disaster.

Re: Please let a true FR play as many snaps as possible

Aug 21, 2014, 5:50 PM

watson is going to play. morris promised him as much during his recruitment i.e. Jamie Harper. maybe Watson fumbles his first play. clemson has two rookie qbs but watson by far is the greener of the two.

What teh flock do you know about Clemson's QBs?

Aug 21, 2014, 6:13 PM

Other than they were basically stolen from Georgia?

OH HOW THE TABLES HAVE TURN, DOG RUGS! THE TABLES HAVE TURNED!

PREPARE TO EAT PRICKLY BUSH STEMS

Re: What teh flock do you know about Clemson's QBs?

Aug 21, 2014, 6:29 PM

Was that some kind of Gullah curse? I must admit I'm kind of frightened of you.

Aug 21, 2014, 6:50 PM

Watson might play of Stoudt uundr performs early and we get well behind , none of us can say that Dabo-Chad wouldn't take Cole out if things look bleak at the half.
No way bleak is gonna happen for us against the Doogs , but there are many scenarios that could see DWat playing against Uga.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Aug 21, 2014, 7:23 PM

Well - I see 3 scenarios, but only 2 that DW will play.

1. We are way ahead of UGA - put DW in.
2. We are way behind UGA - put DW in.
3. We are in a closely-played game in which it is risky to put a true FR in that situation. It would be best (IMO) to stay with Cole and hope we pull out the "W".

That's why I say that UGA should hope that Cole is still in the game at the end. It means they still have a good chance.

For #2 - if we are way behind, and DW comes in and lights it up (somewhat like H. Walker did in his first FR game at UT - dawgs might remember that), and suddenly CLEMSON wins in a huge comeback. UGA would definitely deserve that for beating UT with HW - payback of sorts - Karma is a b-zitch.

So - I expect UGA will be very satisfied if they never see DW hit the field.

Can't wait.

Aug 21, 2014, 7:35 PM

HaHa,you to funny! Stop LOL!!

Which me are you referring to?

Aug 22, 2014, 8:14 AM [ in reply to Re: What teh flock do you know about Clemson's QBs? ]

I believe Obama has even stolen my identity at this point.

They too deep ...***

Aug 21, 2014, 5:51 PM [ in reply to Please let a true FR play as many snaps as possible ]

^^^Circleleghump***

Aug 21, 2014, 6:09 PM [ in reply to Please let a true FR play as many snaps as possible ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well played sir. Well played.***

Aug 21, 2014, 6:26 PM

Re: Please let a true FR play as many snaps as possible

Aug 21, 2014, 7:27 PM [ in reply to Please let a true FR play as many snaps as possible ]

FL State nearly says Hi....DW has been in Clemson since January....definitely puts him ahead of the game compared to a basic true Freshman...maybe not quite where Winston was as a RS Freshman, but not really all that far (what, like 4 months difference (Jan-Sept would be 8 months)...Winston August to September is 12...

Re: UGA had better hope that Cole Stoudt plays well

Aug 21, 2014, 7:36 PM

I believe that Cole will surprise a lot of people, just a gut feeling. I can't wait to see him light up UGA's secondary.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic