Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What saddens me is that everyone is saying Bowers is stupid
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

What saddens me is that everyone is saying Bowers is stupid

Feb 18, 2013, 8:34 PM

an not the state of New York. Freaking time warp.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Because we have been brainwashed as a society

Feb 18, 2013, 8:40 PM

where we believe we should have laws that restrict the 2nd amendment on law abiding and mentally stable citizens.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, 'cause what could posssibly go wrong with letting

Feb 18, 2013, 9:08 PM

someone come wander onto a plane with a .40 caliber handgun in their carryon bag? Do you know what happens to the plane when the .40 caliber handgun accidentally goes off midflight and blows a hole through a window while the plane's at 30,000 feet?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:Nae, tell us.***

Feb 18, 2013, 9:13 PM

So you would feel comfortable getting on a plane with a..

Feb 18, 2013, 11:22 PM [ in reply to Because we have been brainwashed as a society ]

bunch of people you don't know and some of these people are carrying loaded guns?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you feel comfortable walking into Wal-Mart with a bunch

Feb 18, 2013, 11:25 PM

of people you don't know and some of these people are carrying loaded guns?

No, that's why I don't shop at Walmart…..

Feb 18, 2013, 11:33 PM

going to Walmart is like going to Crack Alley. You see a lot of weird people at a Walmart. Stopped going to Walmart about 13 years ago. There "low price" ain't worth it as most of Walmart's products fall apart within a month. That along with the weird people.

I don't feel comfortable going to Wal-Mart either, but it

Feb 18, 2013, 11:37 PM

has nothing to do with the gun carriers.

That's pretty much the thought I expressed….

Feb 18, 2013, 11:41 PM

your comparison is what I responded to. I mean really there isn't a situation you can compare to like 15 strangers carrying a loaded gun on a plane flying at 30,000 feet.

Also, I was talking about a plane where if a gun is shot at

Feb 18, 2013, 11:35 PM [ in reply to Do you feel comfortable walking into Wal-Mart with a bunch ]

30,000 feet and it exits the plane then your dead even if the bullet doesn't hit a single person. With Walmart you know what to expect when you go there. At least you could hide behind something at a Walmart, as opposed to a plane at 30,000 feet being depressurized and losing oxygen at a fast pace.

I get what you're saying, but how often has that happened,

Feb 18, 2013, 11:42 PM

before or after the 9/11 gun-on-a-plane issues. You'd probably be better off hoping the mechanic did his job properly.

Besides, there's probably nothing sturdy enough to hide behind at Wal-Mart.

Remember my response was to BaltimoreTiger who was...

Feb 18, 2013, 11:48 PM

trying to insert the gun control debate into this. The problem with NY isn't necessarily the law itself, it's the punishment associated with the charge that is ridiculous. If the punishment associated with this charge was much less harsh, which it should be especially for a first time offender, then there is less of an issue here.

don't think you get it-the problem

Feb 18, 2013, 11:37 PM [ in reply to So you would feel comfortable getting on a plane with a.. ]

He faces is the state he was in..declaring guns/flying with them declared and stored happens all the time in most other states--u--federal/TSA you wouldnt be able to go tgrough security or board aircraft with one on you.

Not knowing all the details but sounds like he may have followed proper procedure for say Charlotte ..problem was he was in NYC not CLT

I get it, but gun owners should get it more than me….

Feb 18, 2013, 11:44 PM

that if your carrying your gun to different states it would serve you best to know that states laws on guns.

Re: What saddens me is that everyone is saying Bowers is stupid

Feb 18, 2013, 8:42 PM

NY is the one wrong but they control the stupid media

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They are either Dirt peckers are Democrats. More than

Feb 18, 2013, 9:24 PM

likely, both.

Re or***

Feb 18, 2013, 9:25 PM

Yeah you're totally right...

Feb 18, 2013, 8:43 PM

It's stupid NOT to break laws you don't agree with, especially ones that on which the consequence is jail time.

Are you for real?

Re: Yeah you're totally right...

Feb 18, 2013, 8:45 PM

Posted: Feb 18, 2013 8:42 PM

NY is the one wrong but they control the stupid media

WHAAAAAAAAAT?

Dude you don't walk into any air port with a gun

Feb 18, 2013, 8:44 PM

yes that was stupid. We were taught in the military that you don't get near any airport with a gun.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is not where he went wrong

Feb 18, 2013, 8:50 PM

His mistake was bringing the gun into the city/state where it was illegal for him to possess it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dude you don't walk into any air port with a gun

Feb 18, 2013, 8:59 PM [ in reply to Dude you don't walk into any air port with a gun ]

Ignorance is bliss... It is perfectly legal to check in an unloaded handgun at the airport counter. But carry on with your rant.

Yes, an unloaded gun that you CHECK AT THE COUNTER.

Feb 18, 2013, 9:09 PM

Not a gun that you have in FREAKING CARRYON.

Bowers' gun was loaded.***

Feb 18, 2013, 10:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Dude you don't walk into any air port with a gun ]

Re: Bowers' gun was loaded.***

Feb 18, 2013, 11:10 PM

oh by the way, also not registered according to reports.

What is your definition of loaded?

Feb 18, 2013, 11:16 PM [ in reply to Bowers' gun was loaded.*** ]

You may be surprised.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Butter, sour cream, cheese, bacon, and chives.

Feb 19, 2013, 12:29 AM

Whoops, sorry wrong thread.

Reports are it was NOT loaded

Feb 18, 2013, 11:43 PM [ in reply to Bowers' gun was loaded.*** ]

to what most people think, ie the gun having ammunition in it, but the clip was in the same bag so by definition it is considered by law to be loaded. I can have a little more compassion for Bowers in that situation.

You have to be a special kind of stupid to walk into a

Feb 18, 2013, 8:52 PM

....airport with a gun.

Not true

Feb 18, 2013, 8:55 PM

You can legally check guns onto a plane.

His mistake was having the gun in a locality in which it was illegal for him to do so.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You have to be a special kind of stupid to walk into a

Feb 18, 2013, 8:57 PM [ in reply to You have to be a special kind of stupid to walk into a ]

some of people refuse to understand anything.

Vote here for HOF most idiotic post of the year

Feb 18, 2013, 8:58 PM

NYC is to blame?!?

I mean... It's not close... First ballot.***

Feb 18, 2013, 8:59 PM

Re:NYC, Chicago and Columbia certainly can be blamed for

Feb 18, 2013, 9:18 PM [ in reply to Vote here for HOF most idiotic post of the year ]

their fair share.

you recieved that distinct honor already***

Feb 18, 2013, 9:20 PM [ in reply to Vote here for HOF most idiotic post of the year ]

Feb 18, 2013, 9:42 PM

There isn't too much more to this, than you have to be reckless, dumb or both to take a gun with you, illegally, into an airport.

Re: Dude you don't walk into any air port with a gun

Feb 18, 2013, 9:50 PM

No doubt, that is assinine, might as well put the cuffs on before you get there!

especially since 9/11 you can't even think about walking

Feb 18, 2013, 9:59 PM

into an airport with a gun....if you have it and you discover it you don't say a word...you get it out of there and fly on the next flight...you simply can't declare you have a gun in an airport.

Re: especially since 9/11 you can't even think about walking

Feb 18, 2013, 10:15 PM

Not true, 72. I have flown twice since 9/11 (once to Canada and the other time to Argentina) and have declared my weapons at the airport, taken them out of their cases and had them inspected, tagged, taped and checked and happily gone my way with no trouble whatsoever. Granted, both times were in S.C. where the folks are familiar with passengers going on oos hunting trips. In a place like NY, I have no idea what the procedure is but I am quite sure people ck cases with firearms all the time. Bowers' ignorance of the law may come back to bite him but it does not make him a criminal or a thug or "stupid". An unfortunate experience....I hate it for him. Hopefully this will not ruin his life, though I suspect it will. He has the laws of NYS against him and supposed Tiger fans on here ready to tar and feather him. Wow. Just wow.

If you're a gun owner and you plan on carrying your gun...

Feb 18, 2013, 11:30 PM

throughout different states you better well make sure you are aware of those states gun laws. Bowers was carrying a hand gun, anyway. He wasn't hunting. He isn't stupid, but it was a stupid mistake none the less.

excuse me...I was speaking directly of NY having traveled

Feb 19, 2013, 8:26 AM [ in reply to Re: especially since 9/11 you can't even think about walking ]

through that airport numerous times since 9/11...with the gun laws in NY the safe bet would be to leave it.

The sentence time for this charge is ridiculous, however….

Feb 18, 2013, 11:25 PM

carrying a gun to the airport is just as ridiculous, since all adults are aware of the tight security at airports after 9/11/01.

First of all

Feb 19, 2013, 1:47 AM

Possession crimes are stupid to begin with. What if Bowers walked into the airport with an antique sword he purchased at an auction? What is the difference?!!!
He walked in with a gun and announced that he had it. Obviously he did NOT know that would result in his current predicament. That means he did not have the intention to commit a crime. The law requires most crimes to be commited knowingly and intentionally. It sounds to me like Bowers simply did not know the law. He did not act stupidly at all. He walked in and declared that he had a gun in his bag. Why did he do that? I speculate that he expected that two possible responses could occur. One - he would be told he could not carry the gun, or two - he could carry it. Should that be a crime? Not in my opinion.
By the way, Plaxico Burress "accidentally" shot someone. Hardly the same scenario, is it? The media can be really ignorant.

Feb 19, 2013, 6:24 AM

You have to be a special kind of idiot to think you can get a gun onto an airplane regardless of what state it is.

Feb 19, 2013, 6:54 AM

There is just so much "wow" with the original post, from the notion that someone's constitutional rights are being infringed because he couldn't bring a gun into a plane's pressurized cabin, to the faux national champion years.

I'm always proud to be a Tiger. Sometimes not so proud of our fanbase. I guess every team has a few. . . .

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic