Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This Oklahoma frat
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 137
| visibility 1

This Oklahoma frat

Mar 9, 2015, 7:59 PM

Was it bad and distasteful? Yeah. Is it/was it immature?

But im about sick of this racial tension in America. Why does everything have to look like it's white America coming down on Black America? If you don't think this stuff happens the other way around you are fooling yourself. The media takes this garbage and runs with it.

I don't know..... This stuff gets blown way out of proportion.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Way out of proportion?

Mar 9, 2015, 8:04 PM

They were singing in unison about killing black folks.

Let that sink in for a second.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Way out of proportion?

Mar 9, 2015, 8:06 PM

yep...it was wrong. But the media spins this thing like every white person on the planet feels like this.

Every time Jesse Jackson says something racist....should we say that all blacks are like this? no.

they should all now join the Nupes or Que Dogs. They aren't racist.

Mar 9, 2015, 8:37 PM

It will be perfectly fine.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

What media outlet spun it that way?

Mar 9, 2015, 8:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Way out of proportion? ]

I'll wait.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: What media outlet spun it that way?

Mar 9, 2015, 9:29 PM

CNN,ABC,NBC,MSNBC.

They spun it in a way

Mar 9, 2015, 9:32 PM

That says that all white people agree with those idiots. Funny, I don't see it that way. Do you often feel persecuted?

Re: They spun it in a way

Mar 9, 2015, 9:34 PM

this is a clear cut case of triple reverse racism, the MSM should offer a public apology ASAP.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I want them to chant it on a bus

Mar 9, 2015, 9:35 PM

With perfectly feathered hair. Anything less would be racist.

Re: I want them to chant it on a bus

Mar 9, 2015, 9:45 PM

if we are ever going to get out country back, we need to come armed next time.

Truth is

Mar 10, 2015, 10:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Way out of proportion? ]

I have much more disdain for the way this type of garbage potentially reflects upon tnet and the Clemson fanbase to a casual reader or potential recruit/family checking out tnet.

I have no problem with dissenting opinions from my own, but the original post is just ignorant.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Mar 9, 2015, 8:07 PM [ in reply to Way out of proportion? ]

The point is........The media takes garbage like this and creates racial tension.

LOL

Mar 9, 2015, 8:09 PM

Creates racial tension?

Perhaps pick a better story to try that point on. I mean, this group of buffoons did a good enough job themselves creating/continuing racial tensions.

And I haven't seen any coverage that implies all white folks hold racist views.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 9, 2015, 8:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Way out of proportion? ]

The Media creates racial tension?

What were the WHITE BOYS FROM DEEP SOUTH SINGING?

they were affected by the media to be seen as racist people?
or were they just misquoted?

Mar 9, 2015, 8:13 PM

Oklahoma ain't the Deep South...... Geez, can you imagine what they sing down there!? The horror!

Mar 9, 2015, 8:17 PM

Point for you recent grad... Parts of OK are considered southern... But you are correct is is more plains.

Parts of Oklahoma southern LOL

Mar 9, 2015, 8:27 PM

gold Jerry!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Parts of Oklahoma southern LOL

Mar 9, 2015, 10:11 PM

What a reach!

Re: Parts of Oklahoma southern LOL

Mar 9, 2015, 10:25 PM [ in reply to Parts of Oklahoma southern LOL ]

Well it is true per some sources. But what about south OK? Is that not southern compared to north OK?

Also after the war between the states many a confed settled there. So it could be way more Southern than Hilton Head Island, Atlanta Charlotte, Raleigh, Richmond, ... One never knows.

Hell little boy.. I made a mistake. Per the OP of this thread.. That can be excused as stupid, silly and immature. Not racist.

Mar 9, 2015, 11:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Way out of proportion? ]

The media does create racial tension. They fan the flames for ratings every chance they get.

I know exactly what you mean, BUT these idiots sure didn't

Mar 9, 2015, 8:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Way out of proportion? ]

do anything to help the cause, and they deserve anything they get. The timing couldn't have been any worse either, as what should have been an isolated story about a bunch of racist idiots will now feed into the much larger false narrative drummed up by Ferguson, NYC, and Madison.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I know exactly what you mean, BUT these idiots sure didn't

Mar 9, 2015, 10:13 PM

On this we do agree! (and on lots of other things, too)

Your posts are pure gold.***

Mar 9, 2015, 8:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Way out of proportion? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 9, 2015, 11:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Way out of proportion? ]

Causing racial tension makes news for them to report. But if all people are so ignorant to believe everything they hear in the news and believe it. Then this country is in bad trouble!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Way to place responsibility where it belongs.

Mar 10, 2015, 9:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Way out of proportion? ]

No part of me felt like those fools represented me as a white man.

Also, you may not like Jesse Jackson, but I'd love for you to find me one quote, even out of context, that would illustrate him as a racist man.

Good football post by the way.

null

Mar 10, 2015, 10:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Way out of proportion? ]

Agree with tiger_thom 100%. I believe that the media does tend to create division when reporting on issues of race, but not this time. This story is about a hateful group of racists. There is no other angle or way to spin it.

Mar 9, 2015, 8:07 PM [ in reply to Way out of proportion? ]

I mean do you really think they were seriously talking ab killing Anyone? That's like saying we should come down on a certain genre of music for the lyrics that appear in all those soooooo tastefully "written" songs..... But with all that being said, they should've been smarter.

Yes

Mar 9, 2015, 8:10 PM

Do I think they would do it, no. But they certainly had no problem singing and laughing along to the image of dead folks hanging from a tree.

That's no simple oops moment.

Re: Yes

Step back and use reading comprehension..... I'm saying what they did was wrong. BUT.....BUT This like everything else will get blownthehell up to create media drama.

Those guys are/were wrong....but don't full yourself into thinking this is what represents white people, cause it doesn't.

I"m trying hard to find where I said

Mar 9, 2015, 8:29 PM

That this represented white folks.

Re: I"m trying hard to find where I said

Mar 9, 2015, 8:31 PM

Didn't say you... In general.... This will get blown up by the media.

What would you do with these kids? Im curious.

Thus far punishments seems pretty apt

Mar 9, 2015, 8:32 PM

Though I'd have no real problem with expelling them.

But that's not my call to make.

Mar 9, 2015, 8:16 PM [ in reply to Yes ]

Their 2nd biggest oops moment was doing it in front of the girls- if they had done it within the confines of their own home, nobody know about it and everyone goes about their own business

Mar 9, 2015, 8:19 PM

You are correct. If they want to do that in their own frat house and it stays private, so be it.

Mar 9, 2015, 8:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Way out of proportion? ]

Based on your logic the SAEs were simply chanting the colloquial euphemism sometimes reflected in the he hip hop, rap culture. They were not actually using the N word as a racist insult.

The hard -er makes it racist

or at least that's what I'm told. Personally I thought it was the context that made it racist.

Mar 9, 2015, 8:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Way out of proportion? ]

What do you want? every single white American to apologize or something?

I mean, heck, I feel like every time something like this happens we as a whole ( white America ) has to apologize for things we had nothing to do with.

Look, I hate those guys think like that... I really do. It doesn't represent me......but the media will lay this guilt trip on people.

The media (or anyone else) can only make you fee guilty

If you let them.

I KNOW this doesn't represent all white folks and no one with any brains in their head will say otherwise.

But this isn't being, or I haven't seen it at least, blown out of proportion. Some drunk yahoos said some pretty vile stuff and are now being mocked and are having their chapter disbanded. Seems about right

Mar 9, 2015, 11:32 PM [ in reply to Way out of proportion? ]

I am kind of mixed on this type stuff. What they said was awful. They did not really advocate committing an act of murder or try to incite someone to commit an act of murder. Thus, what they were doing was nothing but exercising free speech. Free speech is protected in this nation. If speech were popular, it would need no Constitutional protection. People have a right to free speech whether or not I approve of what they say.

Free speech

Mar 10, 2015, 9:54 AM

Does not equal freedom to say what you want without consequences. It means the government can't quell it by force. It doesn't mean you can't be mocked, shamed, ridiculed, and told you can no longer represent a group who now wants no part of you.

is everyone starting to grasp now why we want to rename

Mar 10, 2015, 8:49 AM [ in reply to Way out of proportion? ]

Tillman? We literally have a building on campus NAMED FOR a guy who lynched black people. And no, those times aren't somewhere in the uncomfortable past. Except for some aggressive federal intervention, they'd be right now, right here.

how is that different from most any gangsta rap song?

Mar 10, 2015, 8:55 AM [ in reply to Way out of proportion? ]

it's drunk people singing about killing, not actually killing.

and Lord I'm not defending any frat here, I could care less if they all disappeared tomorrow. They're a bunch of self-absorbed ###### with daddy's money who deserve any disgrace they get. So I don't feel sorry for them one iota.

But it just defies logic what gets America all up in a tizzy these days. Kill all the babies you want to and nobody bats an eye. Chop people's heads off in the Middle East and you actually get some folks in the USA to RATIONALIZE their actions. But sing about hanging somebody from a tree with no actual intention to do so, and the country takes to the streets in hysteria.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: how is that different from most any gangsta rap song?

Mar 10, 2015, 10:16 AM

Or, ya know, we fraternity members could be good students who work 2 jobs in addition to a full class schedule in order to pay dues and rent because we enjoy the leadership, social, and service aspects inherent in fraternity life.

Don't let the actions of a few define the many.

By the way, nobody in Greek life here would argue in favor of these jacka**es from OU.

Re: This Oklahoma frat

Mar 9, 2015, 8:08 PM

Blown out of proportion?
Seriously you believe the nonsense you typed?

Read the first reply to your post and then read it again... Pause and reflect. Then read your original post one more time.

Do you want to change anything from your original line of thinking?

Mar 9, 2015, 8:10 PM

Nope. I don't want to change anything I typed.

This was exactly what I said it was....distasteful, wrong and immature.

But the media takes this garbage and creates a white people all around the world are like this....BS

Th media didn't do that. The article was about a bunch of dumb frat boysbshowing their stupidity and a racist attitude. That group doesn't represent All White People. SAEs certainly do not represent all white people.

Show me where someone has said that

Now, do their views represent the views of people not in that bus. Probably, but no one is saying that these guys represent all white people. Your persecution complex is funny.

Re: Show me where someone has said that

Mar 9, 2015, 8:24 PM

You must live in a cave then...

This will be paraded all over the news for weeks. There will be marches...there will be tension among white and black....and for what? All over some dumb kids?

Do you not remember the Micheal Brown deal recently? I mean the news was all over that like white on rice....constantly stirring the pot

There might be marches

Mar 9, 2015, 8:27 PM

There will be white and black folks marching. One of the main stories today was Bob Stoops participating in a protest today. Like I said, you're persecution complex is funny,

Re: There might be marches

Mar 9, 2015, 8:28 PM

Like I said...you live in a cave.

Stoops is doing that why? Let's think for a second....Don't be naive.

Why are you bothered by people protesting for racial unity?

You think they should just know their place?

Mar 9, 2015, 8:33 PM

I don't understand marching for anything...All it does is cause problems.

I didnt say I had a problem with people...you just did. Not me.

You should take this up with Ghandi and MLK

Mar 9, 2015, 8:36 PM

Bunch of trouble makers if you ask me.

Some certainly have no point

Mar 9, 2015, 8:38 PM [ in reply to Re: There might be marches ]

Others are in place to protest an injustice that is allowed to fester.

In this case I imagine any marches would simply be to show solidarity as a school/body and that the yahoos singing drunken racist chants don't represent the ideals of that group.

That would be my guess as well***

Mar 9, 2015, 8:39 PM

I actually agree

Mar 9, 2015, 9:25 PM [ in reply to Some certainly have no point ]

It just goes to show that if we talk long enough, we will agree on something.

"the yahoos singing drunken racist chants don't represent the ideals of that group"

Sorry for quoting you out of context. That seems to be the strategy of this discussion.

This was a closed group of drunken kids acting stupid. No more, no less. To use this of an example of anything else than that is just wrong. While this may be a fraction of one of the many things that is wrong with America, that is all that it is. I have enjoyed reading the different views on this topic and find them all enjoyable. It is great that we can all feel this strongly about anything.

Maybe he is participating

Mar 9, 2015, 8:37 PM [ in reply to Re: There might be marches ]

because he doesn't approve of racism at the school he coaches. Just a though, but I'm sure it's not that.

One thing I've noticed

Mar 9, 2015, 8:40 PM

And I'll note that I am not ascribing this view to GoLong, is that many folks who are the quickest to say "Hey those views don't represent me, stop persecuting me" are the same that don't belong to a group which in our lifetimes felt wide-spread systematic persecution due to the color of their skin.

Re: One thing I've noticed

Mar 9, 2015, 8:44 PM

The Black Folks who had to deal with racism years ago....I feel for them. I really do...it was wrong.

But the ones who cry the most, were never born in it nor did they deal with it...that's what I notice the most.

and that's a fact

Did you read the DOJ report on Ferguson?

Mar 9, 2015, 8:46 PM

You know, those protests weren't just over Mike Brown...don't you?

Re: Did you read the DOJ report on Ferguson?

Mar 9, 2015, 8:51 PM

Stop...

If you really believe that you are a fool.

LOL.... you are lost.

So then, no, no you didn't read it***

Mar 9, 2015, 8:56 PM

If I really believe

Mar 9, 2015, 9:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Did you read the DOJ report on Ferguson? ]

What the actual people policing Ferguson said in their actual emails, then I'm a fool. OK, I guess I'm a fool then.

You act like stopping it, made everything OK.

Mar 9, 2015, 8:48 PM [ in reply to Re: One thing I've noticed ]

And that there are not generations of effects and hard feelings to handle.

You can talk all you want about being thick skinned, but when folks start gleefully singing about hanging folks from trees that doesn't exactly miss to wide a mark from things that were going on in some of our lifetimes.

Re: Maybe he is participating

Mar 9, 2015, 10:37 PM [ in reply to Maybe he is participating ]

I would doubt very seriously that it's that. This seems like a way for him to, maybe, let folks know that he doesn't approve (whether he really doesn't or not) so it doesn't effect any other recruits. Not implying at all that Stoops thinks this is funny, or agrees, but I'm sure he cares more about the impact on recruits and what they think than the issue.

Did you know there is brown rice

Mar 9, 2015, 8:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Show me where someone has said that ]

Why didnt you say like brown on rice ?

I am curious

Re: Did you know there is brown rice

Mar 9, 2015, 8:29 PM

This is what im talking about.....smh

You need to GoLong

Mar 9, 2015, 8:23 PM [ in reply to Re: This Oklahoma frat ]

And just keep going

Please provide a link

Mar 9, 2015, 11:52 PM [ in reply to Re: This Oklahoma frat ]

To a mainstream media source that has taken this story and insinuated that all white people feel this way.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Mar 9, 2015, 8:21 PM

Good lord.... your stupidity knows no bounds.

null

Mar 9, 2015, 8:30 PM

How long you on tnet everyday? 10? 19 hours?

Mar 9, 2015, 8:33 PM

I don't know about Clem, but what with not having to have an AC power cord with me everywhere I go with it being the 21st century, Tigernet is available to me 24 hours.

Does your factory shift not allow for a computer break?

Mar 9, 2015, 8:35 PM

Funny... factory shift.

So wait...are you implying you are better then people who work at factories? you know, sense you are so much better.

SINCE

Mar 9, 2015, 8:38 PM

Not sense!

Concentrate

Re: SINCE

Mar 9, 2015, 8:40 PM

Thanks grammar police... obvious typo. But if that makes you feel better, go with it.

Re: SINCE

Mar 9, 2015, 9:03 PM

A typo is when you leave out a letter that was a flat out misuse.

Difference is one can be explained by misuse of a keyboard while the other is explained by ignorance.

Message was edited by: clemtiger117®

null

Mar 9, 2015, 8:40 PM [ in reply to Re: This Oklahoma frat ]

Well if a factory worker or someone who otherwise didn't have the OPTION to be on Tigernet as much as they wanted to constantly complained about how I spent my own time, I would have no problem in pointing out the limitations of their career path.

All Chinese or just the poor ones?

Mar 9, 2015, 8:41 PM

This is important.

Re: All Chinese or just the poor ones?

Mar 9, 2015, 8:43 PM

Yes.

And that didn't make much sense considering I accused him of having a factory job, so thanks for ruining my ninja edit.

Mar 9, 2015, 8:48 PM

I don't have to act as if im better then some stranger on the internet... No, Im no factory worker and I have done well in my life let's just leave it at that. But I have no problem with factory workers....You obviously do...you are so much better then them.

The arrogance on this board among some is unbelievable.

Mar 9, 2015, 9:47 PM

Nope. I have a problem with people who act like it's an extraordinary feat to have 24/7 access to an Internet-connected device. Like, I could be making this post standing in the pissing line at a gas station right now and no one would be any the wiser. These times they are a changin.

Quick question

Mar 9, 2015, 9:50 PM

Can you text with one hand, or is your neighbor helping you out?

Re: Quick question

Mar 9, 2015, 9:55 PM

let him enjoy his new apple watch, along with the fine factory workers that made it.

Re: Quick question

Mar 9, 2015, 9:56 PM [ in reply to Quick question ]

Not since getting one of these fancy smart phones with the text messaging and such. Much bigger than the flip phone I'm used to and I have a milkshake to account for, too.

Not a good time

Mar 9, 2015, 10:03 PM [ in reply to Re: All Chinese or just the poor ones? ]

to forget which object is in which hand.

Chinese have white rice

Mar 9, 2015, 8:44 PM [ in reply to All Chinese or just the poor ones? ]

This could become a problem except there are 412 mazillion of them

With sharp chop sticks

Mar 9, 2015, 9:46 PM [ in reply to Re: This Oklahoma frat ]

Another quality response. How many screen names do you have on here?

I am sorry that the mods got rid of one today.

null

What, pray tell, has this got to do with Clemson sports?***

Mar 9, 2015, 8:37 PM

Re: What, pray tell, has this got to do with Clemson sports?***

Mar 9, 2015, 8:38 PM

Apparently OU lost a commitment.... If he flips to Clemson it is thereby tied in.

What is more disturbing

Mar 9, 2015, 8:44 PM

Is that these "fine young men" are obviously from privilege. They are the kids that get a leg up in the business world. I'm sure they will be bringing their current attitudes with them.

Mar 9, 2015, 8:52 PM

Go Long I'm sure you don't share the same views as this bunch of disgusting idiots. However, focusing on the media and their role in this story...well your focus is misplaced to say the least. This kind of crap cannot be tolerated

Well, that went well.***

Mar 9, 2015, 8:54 PM

Thank you

Mar 9, 2015, 8:57 PM

We are obviously in the minority (I didn't even mean to make a joke)by not being absolutely appalled by the ridiculous carrying-on of some kids in Oklahoma. I wish that we could drop all of the emotion and have people stop competing for most offended and just talk about stuff like this. The kids will learn by this. If they truly dislike a race separate from theirs this much, they will suffer at some level for the rest of their lives, but I was not placed on earth to judge others. That job has already been filled. By the way, according to OU's website, their enrollment by sex is 50/50. 63% claim to be white and 5% claim to be black only. By my math, that means about 2.5% black males. SAE could have most likely stayed all white male without the song. For the non-math majors here, that is about 12 white boys for every black male. I'm guessing that a brother don't really want to be on that bus anyway. That was a "Hey y'all watch this moment".

Read the DOJ report on Ferguson PD. We still have some

Mar 9, 2015, 9:14 PM

work to do and it's not just race, but economic class discrimination as well- black or white. Why is it so easy to get angry at people "gaming" the system for welfare or food stamps, yet precious few people get as upset by the corrupt bankers, investors, politicians and their supporting cast of characters that lead to the near depression in 2008 that we still have not recovered from?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Read the DOJ report on Ferguson PD. We still have some

Mar 9, 2015, 9:32 PM

When is the last time a poor man gave you a job ?

Define poor***

Mar 9, 2015, 9:33 PM

Re: Define poor***

Mar 9, 2015, 10:12 PM

No income except welfare,food stamps.SC grad, lives in aluminum single wide .Will not work a day job.Enjoys living of his women's welfare check. His truck is in his front yard on blocks.Makes less than
10k a year doing part time carpenter work. Want more. I know many like him and
no way he could give me or you a job.

You certainly have a negative view of the poor

Mar 9, 2015, 10:15 PM

My grandpa grew up in a house with a dirt floor, but no only could he kick your ###, he also gave plenty of other "poor" people jobs helping on his farm when he barely had enough to support himself.

You sound like you were born on third base, where you born on third base?

Mar 10, 2015, 12:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Read the DOJ report on Ferguson PD. We still have some ]

So it's all about what someone can do for you?

Now you are talking

Mar 9, 2015, 9:33 PM [ in reply to Read the DOJ report on Ferguson PD. We still have some ]

This is the real stuff. The race part is what they get us all fighting about while they rob us all blind.

Exactly right!***

Mar 10, 2015, 12:34 AM

You couldn't be more correct. Well said, sir.***

Mar 10, 2015, 12:31 AM [ in reply to Read the DOJ report on Ferguson PD. We still have some ]

Mar 10, 2015, 12:34 PM [ in reply to Read the DOJ report on Ferguson PD. We still have some ]

Bingo.

Mar 9, 2015, 9:26 PM

If some kid didn't record it, we would never have heard about it anyhow. It's a common SAE chant apparently, I saw someone else post somewhere that a room mate of their who was in a chapter knew the song too. Is it wrong? Sure, but so are a million other things in the world that people don't get all angry about. I'm pretty laid back about things, and if someone wants to be racist that's their prerogative, I judge people on their character and not their skin color personally, but me ranting about it online won't help how some people view things.

If only the media and a select few people would just let it be we could get past all of this going on in America at the moment, mainly since the ferguson fiasco.

Mar 9, 2015, 9:36 PM

The voice of a wise man has spoken.

I don't understand how ignoring it

Mar 9, 2015, 9:38 PM [ in reply to Re: This Oklahoma frat ]

Is going to make us "get past it".

Re: I don't understand how ignoring it

Mar 9, 2015, 9:46 PM

The way things like this are treated nowadays is not going to help us get past it either. I know not to stick my nose in things like this because nobody ever wins, like I said I judge people on character no matter their race, the sooner more people do that instead of acting like race divides us, only then will we get past it. And part of a way for that to start is for the media to quit pulling things like this into the spotlight so much

This isn't a case of the media producing news

Mar 9, 2015, 9:49 PM

Do they produce news, sure, they produce news, but this is more of a case of a bunch of wealthy rich kids running their mouths in public and being caught on camera. The fact that SAE is one of the more established fraternities in the nation, and the fact that the University kicked them off of campus, and the fact that the football team and the football coach all came out against it turned it into news.

Re: This isn't a case of the media producing news

Mar 9, 2015, 9:53 PM

Either way, you see the point I'm trying make. Racism will always exist to a certain degree, and that degree has certainly been lessened over the years, I just want people to stop getting into uproars over every little race related thing. The less we talk about "racism", it will slowly eradicate itself

I see no reason to think this is true

Mar 9, 2015, 10:28 PM

'The less we talk about "racism", it will slowly eradicate itself'

And I'm somewhat at a loss as to why you put the quotes in there as if to imply this wasn't a racist act. Drunken white folks singing in unison about lynching black folks seems a perfect example of racist attitudes.

Part of it is simply to shame them

Mar 9, 2015, 9:41 PM [ in reply to Re: This Oklahoma frat ]

And in all honesty that's OK. I see nothing wrong with shaming folks who break the social contract of treating folks civilly and based on their merits rather than some antiquated idea that skin color makes one #### bit of difference.

Re: Part of it is simply to shame them

Mar 9, 2015, 9:48 PM

I see your point too, it's just a fine line nowadays with the news, some people will see this and be glad they're being shamed, while others will see it and start assuming all white people are racist.. That's why I prefer it just doesn't get shown at all

if you haven't read the DOJ report on Ferguson, it is an eye

Mar 9, 2015, 9:42 PM [ in reply to Re: This Oklahoma frat ]

opener, at least for me. There are hundreds if not thousands of PD's operating this way. Ferguson was not just a fiasco, but a systemic way police departments have been raising revenue on the poor to support the government.

Re: if you haven't read the DOJ report on Ferguson, it is an eye

Mar 9, 2015, 9:58 PM

you better shut your mouf, next thing we know the government will want tax payers to foot the bill for law enforcement.

Maybe government should be more efficient. Maybe

Mar 9, 2015, 10:18 PM

Every small town does not need a police department

Re: Maybe government should be more efficient. Maybe

Mar 9, 2015, 10:21 PM

there are some that think we should not fund any police forces, they are also the same people that wont walk around in public without private security.

If you have read any of my posts tonight...

Mar 9, 2015, 10:02 PM [ in reply to if you haven't read the DOJ report on Ferguson, it is an eye ]

this might surprise you, but I agree completely. PDs treating poor, mostly black, people like they do in Ferguson is widespread and absolutely wrong for all of the reasons that you have stated. This is what America should be enraged about. I recently watched a Netflix film about the legalization of marijuana and whether you agree or not, the statistics on how the PDs use this "drug war" against Americans is outrageous. The disproportionate treatment of young black males on pot busts are insane. The war on drugs has become the war on Americans.

Fist bump bro

Mar 9, 2015, 10:04 PM

blow it up my brother.

Re: If you have read any of my posts tonight...

Mar 9, 2015, 10:04 PM [ in reply to If you have read any of my posts tonight... ]

it wasn't the police that came up with the war on drugs. A certain paranoid politician found it a convenient way keep certain demographics and political affiliations out of the voting booth.

Stupid James Polk

Mar 9, 2015, 10:06 PM

Always messing things up. It was Polk, right?

Re: Stupid James Polk

Mar 9, 2015, 10:08 PM

close, it was the last of the whigs, Millard Fillmore

That dirty MF***

Mar 9, 2015, 10:11 PM

Mar 9, 2015, 10:39 PM

GoLong, your rant makes no sense.

The Oklahoma Frat boys were beyond stupid.

Mar 9, 2015, 11:38 PM

SAE chapters across USA should say "Good Riddance" to these miscreants.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Oklahoma Frat boys were beyond stupid.

Mar 9, 2015, 11:59 PM

Right. It's the media blowing racist chants about lynching "out of proportion". Because, after all, it's 2015 and it's perfectly normal for college kids in this day in age to be chanting awful racist things.

Where do you knuckleheads come from? Why are you so inherently racist and constant apologists for racists? I'm guessing it's your dimwitted racist parents. That's usually the way this works. You dum dums were never taught the difference between what's right and wrong.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 10, 2015, 12:17 AM

This stuff has consequences: a 4-star recruit decommitted from OU.
http://www.si.com/college-football/2015/03/09/oklahoma-jean-delance-decommits-racist-frat-video#
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: keep your racism off these boards.

Also, kudos to people who spoke up tonight and challenged

Mar 10, 2015, 12:44 AM

the usual "media's blowing it all out of proportion" whine. Nice to see common sense represented.

^^^^^ DRINKS like an sae

Mar 10, 2015, 12:57 AM

null

My husband threatened to divorce me

Mar 10, 2015, 5:28 AM

because he found vids online of me doing the nasty with a band of german midgets dressed up in big bird costumes. I told him it was all just fun and games. But really it was just fun. Everyone at the carnival seems to enjoy it.

Re: My husband threatened to divorce me

Mar 10, 2015, 12:43 PM

Pics?

I've heard the Kappa Alpha Frat chant the same thing...

Mar 10, 2015, 7:50 AM

At Francis Marion U, the KA order pretty much sung the same thing. Heard it with my own ears. It's pathetic and sad.

I agree with you first sentence. The rest? Not so much.

Mar 10, 2015, 8:38 AM

You are justifying something that was wrong. Plain and simple. Regardless of what anyone else says, chants or does, it was flat out wrong.

Anything that demeans, slurs and denigrates any race is wrong and needs to be called out. But there is never justification for bad behavior.

Mar 10, 2015, 9:48 AM

Everything need not look like white America is coming down on black America ... you are right about that ...

... neverthemore, white America regularly comes down on black America.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's fitting your idiotic perception of Clemson sports is

Mar 10, 2015, 10:03 AM

also translated to your ####### idiotic perception of the real world.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

If only America didn't have a history of oppressing

Mar 10, 2015, 10:05 AM

minorities...

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

The very fact that you posted this means you would be a

Mar 10, 2015, 10:49 AM

good candidate for membership in that SAE House. And, you are already in the Idiots Hall of Fame.

Mar 10, 2015, 11:07 AM

Let's go through your post piece by piece:

> Was it bad and distasteful? Yeah. Is it/was it
> immature?

Good start! Yes, it was a pretty crummy song.

> But im about sick of this racial tension in America.
> Why does everything have to look like it's white
> America coming down on Black America?

Wait...your complaint about racial tension refers to the public complaining about the racist song? The song isn't the problem here?

> If you don't
> think this stuff happens the other way around you are
> fooling yourself. The media takes this garbage and
> runs with it.

Of course it does, and of course they do. Why are you holding the media to any sort of standard? They're vultures, plain & simple.

>
> I don't know..... This stuff gets blown way out of
> proportion.

No doubt about it. But don't worry, in 2 days you'll never hear about it again. That's how the media works.

Mar 10, 2015, 10:35 PM

I guess what I really find puzzling is why Black Americans really care. I am Native American and I could not give a rip, flip, or tater chip if people love me or hate me. As long as it does not do me any direct bodily harm, I do not care what people say about me. I would not lose one second of sleep over some frat boy prep jack ##### not wanting me in their little drunk club. If they tried to lynch me, then there would be a problem. Them simply vocally expressing the fact they hate me, thats not a problem.

Replies: 137
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic