Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here's a throwback to the old JHop days
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 925

Here's a throwback to the old JHop days

Apr 7, 2020, 9:23 AM

Can a gay person be a Christian?

Why or why not?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Sure

Apr 7, 2020, 9:24 AM

There are no perfect Christians....
Stupid queshon....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here's a throwback to the old JHop days

Apr 7, 2020, 9:24 AM

of course, the rules are made up and the points don't matter

Let's beat around the bush and break this horse gently...

Apr 7, 2020, 9:38 AM

with a whisper. Do Christians sin?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll give you the old school Pentecostal view I grew up with

Apr 7, 2020, 9:44 AM

You can not be Gay and be a Christian.

Why?

Because there is a difference between committing a sin, being sorry for it, and repenting. If you are gay, you are living in sin, not sorry for it, and not repenting for it. Therefore, since you have sinned and did not repent, you can't be a Christian because that's what being a Christian is, repenting of your sin when you commit it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

You should do two things.

Apr 7, 2020, 9:59 AM

Quit being gay and read the Bible with a prayerful attitude of being open to what God wants to teach you.

My beliefs do not coincide with any denomination. I believe most like Baptist.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol "quit being gay" as if that's possible

Apr 7, 2020, 10:02 AM

Could you quit being heterosexual? Like, you could just choose to be attracted to men?

What makes you think I didn't quit being gay already?

Apr 7, 2020, 10:35 AM

You're not an expert on gay are you?

Please refer to cucumber thread***

Apr 7, 2020, 10:53 AM

Re: What makes you think I didn't quit being gay already?

Apr 7, 2020, 10:53 AM [ in reply to What makes you think I didn't quit being gay already? ]

He’s an expert on everything even when he’s wrong.

He was making fun of me the other night until I taught him something about evolution.

It was classic.

Apr 7, 2020, 11:02 AM

Indeed it was, you showed me an anecdote ,which was true but then ignored all the other stuff the source had to say. So yes, it was pretty classic.

If anything, it shows that I can change my mind when faced with new evidence unlike yourself :)

Apr 7, 2020, 11:29 AM

I haven’t ignored anything. I’ve studied into the evidence for MACRO evolution. It’s unconvincing and there are problems with the theory.

Apr 7, 2020, 2:00 PM

ok so wait wait wait, you believe that source for your cherry-picked evidence but not the source as a whole?

Macroevolution is the same process as microevolution over a longer time scale.

Name a single problem with the theory, if you can poke a hole in it you'd be famous.

The problem here isn't that evolution isn't convincing, it's that you believe the bible and evolution contradicts that. That is all.

Here, let me rephrase your troll question

Apr 7, 2020, 4:45 PM [ in reply to I'll give you the old school Pentecostal view I grew up with ]

Can you be an old school Pentecostal and be gay?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's hilarious/scary that this is a serious discussion.***

Apr 7, 2020, 9:44 AM

Yes.

Apr 7, 2020, 9:53 AM

So can a heterosexual person.

The reason is that the Bible doesn't say "gay people can't be Christian".

Now, a Christian will not want to commit sexual sins, homosexual or otherwise.

I don't know whether being saved will always mean a person no longer has homosexual attraction (which is how I define being "gay"). My heterosexual attractions didn't stop when I got saved. But I don't want to act on them, because I am a Christian.

Do you view homosexuality as worse than adultery?

Apr 7, 2020, 10:01 AM

I do not. I do not see degrees of sin other than sins which hurt only me and those which harm others.

So why don't you seem to care about Trump's adultery?***

Apr 7, 2020, 10:06 AM

Re: So why don't you seem to care about Trump's adultery?***

Apr 7, 2020, 10:09 AM

if my best friend commits adultery, do I just up and tell him, "sorry, we cant be friends"

no, I tell him he is an idiot, help him through the process of healing his family and move on.

no one has said they like or enjoy or think its cool that Trump was unfaithful

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So why don't you seem to care about Trump's adultery?***

Apr 7, 2020, 10:28 AM

sure but let's say, for example, a politician from another part committed adultery. We would never want to impeach him for something like that, we'd just call him an idiot and help him through the process.

My point is, it doesn't seem to matter what flaws Trump has, you guys think he does no wrong.

I think the issue is...

Apr 7, 2020, 11:59 AM [ in reply to Re: So why don't you seem to care about Trump's adultery?*** ]

(and I'm not saying you do this) that many Americans treat Trump like he's this great Christian savior and moral leader when he's cheated on all of his wives.

It also brings questions about his loyalty to anyone but himself. If he can't be faithful in not one, not two, but three marriages, how is he going to treat our nation and people with that loyalty when it comes down to his own ###.

There are millions who dismiss Trump's affairs or claim they didn't happen all while touting his supposed Christianity, when in truth, he's a fraud. He's never been a Christian.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Do you really expect a response to another troll post?

Apr 7, 2020, 10:43 AM [ in reply to So why don't you seem to care about Trump's adultery?*** ]

When some read the following verse they assume it is a defense from others' criticism for them. I see myself as the hypocrite.

"Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye..."

This is very instructive to those intent on Christian growth. Most Christians here take this to heart. I am the least of them.

Yes, adultery is a sin no less than homosexual activity. Being a homosexual isn't a sin any more than being a hetrosexual. It's no more innocent either.

"But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh. on a woman to lust after her hath committed. ... woman to lust after her has committed. adultery with her already in his heart..."

That really doesn't leave me much room to criticise anyone. Really, it doesn't leave anyone any safespace either.

I assume you mean homosexual acts

Apr 7, 2020, 10:51 AM [ in reply to Do you view homosexuality as worse than adultery? ]

The answer is no.

Re: Here's a throwback to the old JHop days

Apr 7, 2020, 10:22 AM

If you just act gay but aren’t really gay. There’s still hope for Tigerbalm1®

Leave Tigerbalm alone, he's fabulous the way he is***

Apr 7, 2020, 10:33 AM

Replies: 24
| visibility 925
Archives - General Boards Archive