Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What makes college football better than NFL???
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

What makes college football better than NFL???

Feb 2, 2020, 7:10 PM

I’m talking about the actual game not the players being paid. I live and breathe college football but to me the nfl is boring. I guess it’s the 2 yards and a cloud of dust and the 17-10 final scores that make it so boring. Anyways what do y’all say. Anyways GO TIGERS!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your personal stake in it is greater***

Feb 2, 2020, 7:14 PM

The only edge the NFL has over college is fantasy football

Feb 2, 2020, 7:14 PM

college fantasy football is one complicated mess.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What makes college football better than NFL???

Feb 2, 2020, 7:15 PM

Fan involvement, atmosphere, being on Saturday, more regional options for non pro towns, history.

But I love football. Anyone who "hates the NFL" but loves college is curious to me. Take out politics and money and you get football, my favorite sport.

nothing

Feb 2, 2020, 7:16 PM

except for everything

null

Feb 2, 2020, 7:20 PM

Marching bands!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 2, 2020, 7:21 PM

I’m in the same boat as you. I live and breath Tiger football but almost couldn’t care less about the NFL. I love seeing our Tigers play well in the NFL but I find the NFL boring. Probably won’t even watch the SB tonight. (I know. I know. Un-American).

What I have found or what it seems like to me - that in College Football, the gap in skill level between the best player and the worst player is huge! The skill players are a cut above and easily noticeably. Makes it fun. But in the NFL, everyone is great and the gap in skill level is much smaller. The best player isn’t THAT much better than the average player because the average guy is still really really good. Watching guys stand out and being a cut above is what makes college football so fun to watch. But that’s just my humble take that really means nothing.

the reason is the personal connections and ties

Feb 2, 2020, 7:21 PM

Sammy Watkins, Deshaun Watson, the Fridge, all the players --- sat in the same classrooms, ate at the same restaurants, walked the same sidewalks when they were age 18-22 as I, or you, did.

NFL - you will never get that level of connection.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My love of Clemson makes college football my game

Feb 2, 2020, 7:25 PM

But.....my love of Clemson players has recently made the NFL much more intertaining.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Two institutions playing vs. two corporations.***

Feb 2, 2020, 7:30 PM

Clemson.***

Feb 2, 2020, 7:33 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Feb 2, 2020, 7:45 PM

I entered an interesting discussion with some people a few years back on this. Strangely enough, the root of the answer seems to lie simply in “the hash marks.”

Feb 2, 2020, 8:11 PM

I think a lot of it has to do with the investment the vast majority of people made in college to that football team and that’s what makes the pageantry unlike any other. Think about it every student paid minimum $50k and spent 4 years of their life on campus. Yes there are bandwagon fans but most of the time if they weren’t students there is a connection, son/daughter/family, you live there, whatever it may be but it’s still a closer connection compared to professional sports.

With NFL sports there always seems like a disconnect. It seems like every good college football name crowd noise is a factor, you can FEEL the energy. Rarely does that happen IMO in the NFL

For those who truly enjoy the X’s and O’s the NFL has a more cerebral aspect to it, yes players make plays no doubt but schemes, tendencies, angles, and matchups are such a bigger factor.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic