Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What made the way Clemson lost this game particularly
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,459

What made the way Clemson lost this game particularly

Nov 26, 2012, 2:55 AM

frustrating was that we had to endure an apparent squelching by ESPN the last 2 weeks of our football team's progress, success and 1-loss record. I could not find a Sportscenter or College Football Final highlight of the Clemson-Maryland game. I also heard College Gameday said nothing about Clemson the day of the NC State game. It was like they were trying to mute Clemson even though Clemson was in the top 10 with only 1 loss. The bad mojo I felt in the second half against South Carolina was the real kicker. It seemed like nothing went Clemson's way as far as things that can "go either way" went. I never could have imagined the game could have gone as badly for the Tigers as it did "luck-wise".

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What made the way Clemson lost this game particularly

Nov 26, 2012, 2:57 AM

We don't get any national spotlight because we play princesses all year, and then when we finally get a game on prime time national television, we play terribly and show everyone why they shouldn't be talking about us.

See: FSU, USC this year.
See: USC, WVU last year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2012, 3:11 AM

We got alot of attention with Daniel Rodriguez this year and up until it became crunch time for the BCS to decide who gets in. True we don't stay in top form for the big games because we play more weak teams than tough teams, unlike SEC teams do. But there was an undeniable dropoff in ESPN Clemson coverage the last 2 weeks.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2012, 7:13 AM [ in reply to Re: What made the way Clemson lost this game particularly ]

Exactly!!! If you want top coverage, beat the good teams when you get that chance. We played FSU at Doak lost. We played the coots at our house and lost. All the rest of our wins were against teams that has struggled to get 6 or 7 wins on the season. We have everything that a team needs to develop big strong athletes. But with 6 to 8 guys in the box, we can't get close to the QB's. Back up QB's look like heisman candidates against our D. There is a problem with strength and condition when our guys can never get to a QB against any team we play. When ever we get a sack, it's b/c one of ours go in unblocked mostly. It isn't b/c our guy just man handles his defender into the QB. About everything that can be changed has been changed with little or no help. Five stars across the entire line isn't the answer if we can't make them stronger and faster. When will Dabo, Morris, and Venables ask them selves why are our guys getting pushed around. The games we have won this year has been b/c we have out talented them. The game we have lost was b/c they come close to our talent with much stronger talent. This is just my personal observation. We have changed everything the past few years to get us better and we have to a point. But our guys are still getting out muscled in the trenches. If they don't want to change Batson. At least make him try another strength and condition program. Just sayin;)

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

seems they were right, eh?!***

Nov 26, 2012, 7:19 AM

Re: seems they were right, eh?!***

Nov 26, 2012, 9:16 AM

no not at all...1 game defines nothing...if that were the case then USuCk doesnt belong in the SEC

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,459
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic