Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ATT Uverse....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1,864

ATT Uverse....

Aug 20, 2013, 1:59 PM

I'm trying to get some info on ATT Uverse. If you have it, how do you feel about the TV andinternet? How much better/worse is it than cable?

I know the price I can get on it is MUCH better than what I can with cable.

Thanks

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

have have it

Aug 20, 2013, 2:03 PM

both tv and internet.

Not a single complaint. Previously was with DirecTV for like 7 years.

i have att uvers net.works pretty dang good..

Aug 20, 2013, 2:04 PM

my cable is directv though.i have the dsl uvers net through the phone.the speed is pretty dang good though.so i would assume the cable version should be great as well

I have Uverse for internet and TV...

Aug 20, 2013, 2:09 PM

Previously with DirecTV and Comcast. Switched because they offered me a deal I couldn't pass up and I had a baby on the way so the savings were tempting.

Not one single complaint yet. Excellent service, equipment, and customer service. I was shocked. I was a very happy DirecTV customer and was sad to leave them, but I haven't looked back since.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have both.

Aug 20, 2013, 2:13 PM

Love the wireless receivers for TV and the TV service. the internet service leaves some to be desired.

If you record/watch HD and/or have wireless receivers and/or a microcell, keep in mind that each of those services eats away at your available bandwidth(they "spot" you a few MB on top of your internet service, but for me it doesnt cover it). I don't "receive" what I pay for to my internet enabled devices.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Had it before, getting it back

Aug 20, 2013, 2:18 PM

I hated to give it up but I briefly lived somewhere it wasn't available.

i got it

Aug 20, 2013, 2:25 PM

And love it. been about a year nowand so far so good!

I have it on both & highly recommend

Aug 20, 2013, 2:29 PM

If you like the NFL you can't get the Sunday Ticket but you can get the Red Zone for $5/month.

Beware though the Red Zone is HIGHLY addictive.

Internet sucks, very pleased with the TV service though.

Aug 20, 2013, 2:34 PM

I have U200.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Internet/TV and Phone All very good, however,

Aug 20, 2013, 2:38 PM

pray that you never have a billing issue--their admin side is horrible

also, price will go way up after promos run out(by then you'll be hooked more than likely)

wireless tv boxes are awesome

I had it. Bill went up 50% at the end of the promotion

Aug 20, 2013, 2:43 PM

so, they had to go. AT&T works much harder to get new customers rather than keep existing customers.

Did not have positive experience dealing with customer service, although the TV content and picture was superior to cable.

Sorry you got the wrong customer service person

Aug 20, 2013, 2:54 PM

We called as our promotion was ending and told them we would only stay on for the same price we were paying and they extended us no questions asked.

Same here-talk only to a supervisor!!***

Aug 21, 2013, 1:30 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOVE IT!

Aug 20, 2013, 2:44 PM

Internet is GREAT if you get the max service. Also, the ability to watch all the Clemson games on your phone all season is AWESOME! The TV service is the absolute best ever. I've had satellite and Time Warner. Beats them both by a mile!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Ironically....

Aug 20, 2013, 2:46 PM

the AT&T folks conducted a sales blitz in my neighborhood this past weekend.

I currently have Charter Communications for television, internet and phone which coasts me (with all taxes and fees) roughly $200 per month.

AT&T was essentially offering the same package for less than $140.

While everyone I know who has Uverse really likes it, they do not seem to offer the same HD sports channels that Charter offers (i.e., Fox Sports so I'm not able to watch the Braves) and local HD channels which made it a deal breaker for me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

You can get the locals in HD with a decent antenna***

Aug 20, 2013, 2:51 PM

I live in Greenville and get all local channels in HD on

Aug 20, 2013, 2:58 PM [ in reply to Ironically.... ]

UVerse. On the Sports part, you get FSN South, not Carolinas, and Fox Sports South. Most Braves games you get but when its a Peachtree game that FSN Carolinas picks up, FSN South doesn't b/c it's Atlanta based and obviously the Peachtree channel (where ever it's syndicated in Atlanta) carries the game.

What is it running you each month?

Aug 20, 2013, 3:08 PM

If you don't mind me asking.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have the U450 and the Max Plus internet and phone

Aug 20, 2013, 3:29 PM

and that runs me $141/mo. I added 3 more receivers (2 wireless which are great, especially for a day of multiple tv setups for sports) that cost me another $21/mo. I find the quality far superior to anything I've had (and I've had them all).

What is the internet speed?***

Aug 20, 2013, 3:30 PM

I wanna say 18mbps. It's been plenty fast for my needs tho.***

Aug 20, 2013, 3:33 PM

Thanks brother....

Aug 20, 2013, 3:47 PM

I am seriously considering making the switch.

Re: What is the internet speed?***

Aug 21, 2013, 7:22 AM [ in reply to What is the internet speed?*** ]

There Internet speed is 28 Mbps where as cable companies like Comcast can offer up to 300 Mbps.

Re: Ironically....

Aug 21, 2013, 2:27 AM [ in reply to Ironically.... ]

I'm also in Greenville and I do get local HD channels and Fox Sports from UVerse. Try using 1004, 1007, etc. for the locals. I believe that channel 1724 carries the Braves. I left Charter almost 2 years ago and I will not go back. Right now I am paying $114 for internet and television, for the same service with Charter it was close to $200.

I love it both TV and internet

Aug 20, 2013, 2:59 PM

I stream and download so much stuff off the internet and have never had any problems with speed.

Re: ATT Uverse....

Aug 20, 2013, 3:02 PM

I have uverse internet only. Works very well.. Had an issue one time and they were very prompt in getting it corrected.

My neighbors had/have it. All i know is that they had a lot

Aug 20, 2013, 3:35 PM

of trouble with the internet because they ended up begging me to leech off of mine for awhile.

I've had it for over 3 years

Aug 20, 2013, 3:40 PM

No complaints. Ask your neighbors though if they have any troubles, there are some neighborhoods that it just doesn't work as well. Rare, but it does happen. Like cable, you don't have to worry about the TV going out during a storm, which is nice.

I have the 18mbps internet, and it's plenty fast. Almost all channels are available in HD. Uverse is WAY better than cable.

Good when it works

Aug 21, 2013, 2:46 AM

At least weekly something goes wrong that causes me to lose signal (both tv and Internet go down) for at least half an hour.

For some reason strong thunderstorms knock the signal out as if it were a satellite service, but my Directv never went out last time I had it, unless some solar activity was screwing with the satellites ;)

HD video quality is sub-par though, bottom rung on the ladder of the various service providers IMO.

Internet is mostly consistent. I do like their wireless TV receiver though.

I should say that I left AT&T for DirecTV and Comcast (Internet) and wanted to keep them. Sadly, the apartment I live in now is only wired for AT&T so I had no choice in the matter. Did get a great package price though due to the forced migration.

Their technical support is good and respond quickly.

Message was edited by: CBRtigeRR®

Message was edited by: CBRtigeRR®

Aug 21, 2013, 5:12 AM

I like the tv and Internet but watch your bill they will sometimes up to double it. Customer Service will usually change it back with no trouble

I Like it much better than cable.***

Aug 21, 2013, 5:50 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2013, 9:21 AM

It's been great for both TV & IN service. Had ATT DSL internet along with Direct TV for several years after being a victim of Charter Cable and the service and quality was hands down better with that combo but simce going to U-verse both TV and IN service r much improved. No comparison between ATT DSL and U-verse for IN. There r different packages for bandwidth and download speeds though so performance will depend on what u pay for but customer servive and reliability have been impeccable in my experience

Replies: 31
| visibility 1,864
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic