Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What is the difference between Divison 1 and 2 4A
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,426

What is the difference between Divison 1 and 2 4A

Dec 1, 2012, 12:04 AM

SC high school football?

I remember when I was at greenwood, there was a "big 16" which was like a division above 4A.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What is the difference between Divison 1 and 2 4A

Dec 1, 2012, 12:07 AM

anyone?

Dec 1, 2012, 12:09 AM

division 1 are the largest schools in the state

used to be called the big 16

they play regular schedule with Div 2 4A schools but have their own playoffs

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2012, 12:09 AM

Division 1 is pretty much the same as the old Big 16. Biggest schools are in Division 1 and the rest of 4A is in Division 2.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!!

Dec 1, 2012, 12:28 AM

From the SCHSL website:

The following items apply to both divisions:
A. The top four (4) eligible teams from Regions I, II, & III and the top three (3) eligible
teams from Regions IV, V, VI, VII, & VIII will advance to the AAAA playoffs. Five (5)
additional “at large” teams will also be selected to complete the thirty-two (32) teams
that will advance to the AAAA State playoffs. The five (5) “at large” teams will be
selected using the points system currently used by AAAA. Each team will be given
two (2) “mark offs” and the number of Big 16 teams is not limited. The sixteen (16)
largest schools by enrollment from the most recent available data of 135-ADM (2011-
2012) will be considered Big 16 in determining points for the “Point System” on a
yearly basis.
After the thirty-two (32) teams are selected, the sixteen largest schools by enrollment
of the thirty-two selected will compete for the Division I State Championship. In the
event there is a tie for the last positions within these 16, the previous 45-ADM (2011-
2012) will be used for the effected schools only. If this does not resolve the tie the
previous year’s 135-ADM (2010-2011) will be used. The remaining sixteen schools
will be the Division II and compete for the Division II State Championship.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^^^^^^oh, um, what he said...***

Dec 1, 2012, 6:59 AM

It's much more complicated that that....

Dec 1, 2012, 6:58 AM

Because Dutch Fork got such an easy draw I read the HSL manual to see how they seed teams. They take the top three our of every 4A conference (4 from i think three larger conferences in the upstate) as long as they have a winning record and regardless of whether or not they're a big 16 team or not. Conference champions have some extra thing i didn't pick up on. I think there are up to five at-large teams based on record. after 32 are selected based on that criteria they are sorted on size - top 16 go into division 1 and the other 16 go into division 2. So, if a true big 16 team doesn't get into the group of 32 by virtue of its record a non-big 16 team can be in division 1. It's complicated.

Off the subject, but,

Dec 1, 2012, 9:07 AM

NW vs. Greenwood
Good luck,may the best team win, Go Trojans!!

football divisions are

Dec 1, 2012, 9:13 AM

Based off of school population div 1 high population....division 3 smaller population

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,426
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic