Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What is really amazing about our game with Bama is:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

What is really amazing about our game with Bama is:

Jul 22, 2017, 4:22 PM

From the mid-second quarter to the end, we beat their butts 35-17. Chew on that Paul Finebaum!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we stop the busted plays and big plays we destroy them.

Jul 22, 2017, 4:28 PM

Take a look at the stats http://www.espn.com/college-football/matchup?gameId=400876570

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, and we had two turnovers to zero for them and still

Jul 22, 2017, 4:36 PM

they couldn't beat us. Had they committed two turnovers to none for us, that would have been their excuse.

The missed opportunity on 4th down early in the game

Jul 23, 2017, 8:15 AM

was like a turn over, too.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Giving up big plays is just part of our defense.

Jul 22, 2017, 4:54 PM [ in reply to If we stop the busted plays and big plays we destroy them. ]

It's not likely to stop. It's a trade-off for all the TFLs and quick stops.

Re: Giving up big plays is just part of our defense.

Jul 22, 2017, 11:29 PM

Spot on...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Giving up big plays is just part of our defense.

Jul 23, 2017, 6:25 AM [ in reply to Giving up big plays is just part of our defense. ]

Exactly right. When you play as aggressively as our guys do on the defensive side, it's inevitable that you're gonna look silly on occasion. I think we'd all agree it's been worth it, though. A big play here or there, especially when it doesn't go all the way for 7, isn't nearly as demoralizing or exhausting for a defensive unit as being slowly and methodically driven backwards down the field.

Ohio State had a few big plays against us.. but they got literally nothing out of it. Bama's big plays at the end only gave DW4 enough time to come back and win it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Giving up big plays is just part of our defense.

Jul 22, 2017, 4:54 PM [ in reply to If we stop the busted plays and big plays we destroy them. ]

It's not likely to stop. It's a trade-off for all the TFLs and quick stops.

Bo Scarborough thinks differently.

Jul 22, 2017, 8:06 PM [ in reply to If we stop the busted plays and big plays we destroy them. ]

His departure was a key element to our comeback. But injuries are part of the game.

Yeah, I kmow. I need more orange tint in my glasses. Smiley face.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very popular comment, they hit the edge a few times

Jul 22, 2017, 9:37 PM

Earlywith bo, one due to blatant holding, but that doesn't mean he does the same thing if he doesn't go out injured. Convenient excuse. If we'd had Mike Williams for even part of the game and keep out #1 corner in the game we probably win going away the previous year...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just like they benefitted from us losing Mac & Shaq year b4***

Jul 22, 2017, 11:51 PM [ in reply to Bo Scarborough thinks differently. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope

Jul 23, 2017, 12:02 AM [ in reply to Bo Scarborough thinks differently. ]

They scored 17 in 43 minutes with Bo in the game, during which we had 2 turnovers. They scored 14 in the last 17 without him. Sorry, can't use Bo's injury as an excuse.

We destroy them two years in a row if we do that....

Jul 22, 2017, 9:33 PM [ in reply to If we stop the busted plays and big plays we destroy them. ]

The onsides kick, kick return for td, and stupid breakdowns on tight end....we'd have killed them

Re: What is really amazing about our game with Bama is:

Jul 22, 2017, 5:03 PM

well, i constantly hear that the only reason we won is because Bama didn't have a QB....
and that made me wonder.....

Are SEC defenses so bad or too stupid to stop a team without a QB from going undefeated in their conference?

Jul 22, 2017, 7:28 PM

Heard was an early mention as a frontrunner for The 2017 Heisman ...so they may be in between bases here.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I heard Jeff Scott say that Alabama should have

Jul 22, 2017, 5:16 PM

tackled all,our receivers on the final,play. They would have had interference called on them but we would have then had to,attempt a field goal to tie. Makes sense.

Re: I heard Jeff Scott say that Alabama should have

Jul 22, 2017, 6:18 PM

I thought he said that was their PLAN. Couldn't get to Renfrow until it was too late!

Re: I heard Jeff Scott say that Alabama should have

Jul 22, 2017, 7:11 PM

thats why there was no interference on the pick by 3, because the defender tackled him. Scott knew that was what they were going to do. Brilliant call.

Yes indeed, absolutely a brilliant call.***

Jul 22, 2017, 10:12 PM

if they tackle all our recievers @ the goal line

Jul 22, 2017, 7:59 PM [ in reply to I heard Jeff Scott say that Alabama should have ]

i'll take my chances on watson running it in

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then Watson would have...

Jul 23, 2017, 12:52 AM [ in reply to I heard Jeff Scott say that Alabama should have ]

...just ran it to the corner and made it in that way. CB and Safety would have taken themselves out of the play.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2017, 7:26 PM

And 7 of their 17 came on a broken play

DB23

Another 3 came as a result of a fumble in which they did not

Jul 22, 2017, 10:14 PM

make a first down on the drive.

Jul 22, 2017, 11:27 PM

Hate to admit it but I haven't looked at it that way. I love that!
That's a nice stat to throw around when needed.

Jul 23, 2017, 10:43 AM

Bama moves methodically, gaining here and there, next thing you know it's late in the 3rd quarter/4th quarter, at that time they are up 14 or more points and have totally wore the other team down. That's just what they do to everybody. Oh wait....

??

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic