Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What is going on with the offense?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,322

What is going on with the offense?

Sep 9, 2018, 2:29 PM

Let's be honest: we got lucky last night.

We only ran 59 plays last night. 59. That's not going to get it done against the LSU's, Bama's Oklahomas of the world. I say get rid of the WR screen from the playbook. It ain't working. We have an embarrassing amount of riches at WR and we aren't using the weapons.

In a word, the playcalling was horrible. We aren't throwing deep often enough. TAMU was horrendous at pass defense last year. I seriously doubt Jimbo got it turned around in 6 moths. Why weren't we challenging deep?

Why is KB running more than our all world RB Etienne? Why aren't we using the TE in the pass game?

Why in the world can't we recruit OL? Interior of the OL was hot garbage--crap last night. Falcinelli was a turnstile. Play at RG was horrendous. This won't get it done against Bama. Not even close.

Can we get things turned around? Of course. We have to, because given how bad the ACC is this year, I can't imagine a 1 loss ACC team makes it the CFP.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: What is going on with the offense?

Sep 9, 2018, 2:31 PM

Dang this coming from Ridgeland?!?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2018, 2:42 PM

Two reasons we didn’t throw deep more, A&M was playing two deep safeties, and we couldn’t pass block that long. The reason KB2 is running more the the RB, we can’t run up the middle with the TB.

Sep 9, 2018, 2:47 PM

Yes, interior OL didn't give either QB enough time to throw.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

It’s not about “throwing deep”

Sep 9, 2018, 2:50 PM

It’s about throwing downfield. Even 8 yards downfield.

Re: It’s not about “throwing deep”

Sep 9, 2018, 2:53 PM

I agree throwing mid range to deep (even if we miss) makes the D think about it.

Sep 9, 2018, 2:58 PM

For about 2 quarter there, it appeared that our starting center had never played football before. So I would start there after looking at the playcalling.

Sep 9, 2018, 2:59 PM

Oh, just read the full post and you addressed that. To me, that was the most glaringly obvious issue.

Turnstile isn't the word for it. There were several instances where he didn't even TOUCH anyone.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,322
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic