Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What is fair/respectful to Kelly Bryant?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,794

What is fair/respectful to Kelly Bryant?

Sep 24, 2018, 10:45 AM

I see a lot of posts calling for Bryant to still start games, or to get a certain number of series per game. The reasons given for this are because he’s a senior leader, was the QB last year for our playoff appearance, he’s worked hard, etc.

Honest question: how long do some of you believe he should remain the starter/keep playing each game in order to continue to be respected? Is the fact that he started the first four games not enough?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I'll bite

Sep 24, 2018, 10:48 AM

"Honest question: how long do some of you believe he should remain the starter/keep playing each game in order to continue to be respected?"

as long as the coaches think

" Is the fact that he started the first four games not enough?"

I dunno, maybe tree fity.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: What is fair/respectful to Kelly Bryant?

Sep 24, 2018, 10:52 AM

1 more....secures he can't transfer after he takes snap 1. They've already said no matter what happens, he will be utilized on the field in some aspect. It's not like he'd never see the field again if Trevor does take the starting role. True scenario people aren't saying....why does everyone think Trevor taking the starting role means Kelly gets fully benched? What if the plan becomes they want Trevor in for faster and higher scoring starts, then use Kelly later in the game while the defenses are gassed and can't follow his run option as well??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I may not be the one you’re speaking to. But I think TL put

Sep 24, 2018, 10:54 AM

The exclamation pt on it Saturday and removed all doubt that he’s the starter. I think you still work in KB not bc we owe him anything per se (although I think we owe him a lot). But you want to keep him in the offense occasionally because if TL were to get hurt you need a backup ready to go in.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I dont think he's starting simply for "respect" I think he gets the starts because of his experience. And regardless of who starts I think he should and will continue to see snaps especially in close games if/when Trevor gets rattled like he did at A&M. The kid is a true freshman and has the entire Clemson nation worshiping him and saying he's the next NC winning QB. The pressure he has to block out mentally is unreal for an 18 yr old kid. So id say having KB right there to share leadership and exp is beneficial to the team and the process.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You nailed it.***

Sep 24, 2018, 10:55 AM

It’s not about fairness. Football is performance based. You don’t try to win the race with a Chevy win you have a Porsche in the garage.

Trevor gives us our best chance at greatness and everyone can see it. Kelly has to realize and accept it as well.

Some races you may want a Chevy

Sep 24, 2018, 11:03 AM

Some races you want a Porsche, depending on what kind of race it is. If it's a dirt short track somewhere around Charlotte, NC I'm betting you'll want that Chevy.

Why not have both kinds of cars so that you can win races, no matter what the track or situation?

Sep 24, 2018, 11:25 AM [ in reply to Re: What is fair/respectful to Kelly Bryant? ]

I think Dabo,just answered your question Judge !!!! ( about 4 games*) What say yee???

Chevy

Sep 24, 2018, 12:28 PM [ in reply to Re: What is fair/respectful to Kelly Bryant? ]

A corvette would smoke most bug eyed cars cept maybe the Carrera gt

He should never, ever play when the game is on the line

Sep 24, 2018, 11:44 AM

just because he is owed respect, and I don't think he ever has.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Sep 24, 2018, 12:03 PM

Football is a meritocracy (as all high-level sports are). It's baffling to see that many don't see it that way. I'm all for giving KB time when you're just trying to save TL, but we are forgetting that pleasantries fall second to "who gives the team the best chance to win?". That should be the end-all, be-all.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,794
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic