Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What is Brownell's buyout?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

What is Brownell's buyout?

Jan 3, 2015, 9:40 PM

Nm

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Better question, what is DRads buyout. How does an

Jan 3, 2015, 9:42 PM

athletic director get dumped.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't understand how DRAD got hired,never did anything atTec***

Jan 4, 2015, 12:50 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't understand how DRAD got hired,never did anything atTec***

Jan 4, 2015, 9:42 AM

He does not act like or sound like he is a "Clemson Man" who has best interest for Clemson with what he has done thus for.....just not a good fit for Clemson and should not have been hired for this job in my opinion....Go Tigers!!!

Re: Better question, what is DRads buyout. How does an

Jan 4, 2015, 10:41 AM [ in reply to Better question, what is DRads buyout. How does an ]

he is the one that needs to go NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!get rid of DRad fast

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What is Brownell's buyout?

Jan 3, 2015, 9:45 PM

5, 5, 3.5, 3, 3, 0 (in millions) ((of U.S. Dollars))

Jan 4, 2015, 8:44 AM

BB just signed a 6 yr. extension last year.

He is not going anywhere soon.

IF

Jan 3, 2015, 9:53 PM

he left at the end of the year, who do you think we'd hire to replace him?

Re: IF

Jan 3, 2015, 9:55 PM

I'd like Michael White from Louisiana Tech

Here's a check

Jan 3, 2015, 10:04 PM

just don't put many zeros behind it!
Go Tigers!!

Michael White is top young coach...

Jan 4, 2015, 1:42 AM [ in reply to Re: IF ]

Around that runs press similar to OP. would like that hire...

Greg Marshall***

Jan 3, 2015, 11:08 PM [ in reply to IF ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2015, 10:09 PM

whats dabo's buyout

Whatever it is

Jan 3, 2015, 10:11 PM

I bet SCU would double it!! They know it's going to be tough going from here on out!
Go Tigers!!

It will take another 3 years of utter misery before there...

Jan 3, 2015, 10:23 PM

...is any discussion of making a switch in HC. There is just not enough discontent from the base to justify flushing the buyout money. It was a HUGE mistake to extend this guy's contract and that ridiculous buyout. Just sit back and enjoy watching the opposing talent for what it's worth. During the BB games you should bring some football depth charts to study at halftime and timeouts.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Re: It will take another 3 years of utter misery before there...

Jan 3, 2015, 10:30 PM

After the next three losses, LJ will be quieter than the library.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Jan 4, 2015, 9:46 AM

It is not loud now. There is no support from the fan base. Most Clemson fans expect Clemson basketball to be like Football in the ACC.

We are in basketball as wake forest is in football. Bottom to middle team with occasional glimpses of success to be above average in league. We have one guy drafted every 4 to 5 years. The talent level of player does not compare at all to the top teams and many middle of pack teams.

So geniuses out there... Tell us how you would make Clemson a consistent top 5 team in the ACC for the next 7 to 10 years?

I say support Coach BB for next 3 to 4 years and see what he gets in terms of better shooters and players especially with new facilities. By 2017-2018 if there is not strong improvement then look to make a change.

Watch the UNC v Clemson game and you will the bricks put up by donate, Gabe, rod hall, Austin, roper, and damarcus. Open shots not even close to going in. Do you really think Landry and josh and Sidy are quality ACC big men.
We are really playing 3 to 3.5 guys vs 5 guys on offense. That is what purnell was doing too. He just said press and pray for turnovers to get easier baskets. Bug the ACC teams then were not as strong g as now. Think SEC east and when UsC started to compete when UF and UT dropped off.

Jan 4, 2015, 9:46 AM [ in reply to Re: It will take another 3 years of utter misery before there... ]

It is not loud now. There is no support from the fan base. Most Clemson fans expect Clemson basketball to be like Football in the ACC.

We are in basketball as wake forest is in football. Bottom to middle team with occasional glimpses of success to be above average in league. We have one guy drafted every 4 to 5 years. The talent level of player does not compare at all to the top teams and many middle of pack teams.

So geniuses out there... Tell us how you would make Clemson a consistent top 5 team in the ACC for the next 7 to 10 years?

I say support Coach BB for next 3 to 4 years and see what he gets in terms of better shooters and players especially with new facilities. By 2017-2018 if there is not strong improvement then look to make a change.

Watch the UNC v Clemson game and you will the bricks put up by donate, Gabe, rod hall, Austin, roper, and damarcus. Open shots not even close to going in. Do you really think Landry and josh and Sidy are quality ACC big men.
We are really playing 3 to 3.5 guys vs 5 guys on offense. That is what purnell was doing too. He just said press and pray for turnovers to get easier baskets. Bug the ACC teams then were not as strong g as now. Think SEC east and when UsC started to compete when UF and UT dropped off.

Jan 4, 2015, 9:46 AM [ in reply to Re: It will take another 3 years of utter misery before there... ]

Jan 4, 2015, 9:47 AM [ in reply to Re: It will take another 3 years of utter misery before there... ]

Just not enough support behind our basketball program

Jan 4, 2015, 2:50 AM [ in reply to It will take another 3 years of utter misery before there... ]

No one will listen to us. As long as were doing in football, the athletic department couldn't care less

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2015, 11:25 PM

The apathy has set in. And that is what will get Brownell. UNC on a Saturday night at 8 and the place is not even close to a sell out? That says an awful lot. I don't care if the students are on campus, or not. And there was zero excitement in the building from the start. Everyone kind of knew the outcome before the game began. Then UNC came out and methodically conducted a glorified practice session at CUs expense. Not sure what Brads buyout is, but RD better get to rounding up the money. Better give folks at least some hope before you try to sell those suites when the redo Littlejohn later this year. Unless things change you are going to have a brand new showplace, yet be drawing about 5K for ACC games. Apathy has set in. That is a program killer.

Jan 4, 2015, 8:42 AM

DRAD better hope he can last a few more years. I see Dabo eventually getting that job.

Jan 4, 2015, 8:48 AM

No doubt Dabo would make a great AD one day if he wanted to but that will probably never happen. I hope he continues the success he's having here for the next 20+ years. He does kinda remind me of a better version of a young Bobby Bowden. Charisma out the ###.

Jan 4, 2015, 9:24 AM

You can forget Dabo being AD. It doesn't work that way anymore. And a previous poster touched on something that might be correct. As long as football is doing decent, I am not sure if many in the athletic department, or otherwise, give a rat about any other sport. Personally, unless there was significant improvement, I would send Brad packing after this year. Have a new coach in place to recruit for a year in anticipation of the new arena. But I don't see that happening. About the only thing that might raise the importance of basketball is that USC is getting better under Frank Martin. Anytime USC starts to look better in a sport that sometimes seems to put a spur under somebody's saddle. We will see.

while we're talking buyout, what's Legget's***

Jan 4, 2015, 10:46 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic