Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What is Brad Brownell talking about?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,612

What is Brad Brownell talking about?

Mar 16, 2016, 4:06 PM

With all due respect to Mr. Brownell, I’m not sure why he thinks Clemson is “right there” and progressing. He references his extension as proof that things are going in the right direction, but since the extenstion, we are 18-18 in ACC play, with zero postseason appearances. We are also 0-2 in the ACCT.

Let’s take a look at what “progressing” means. We can start with the Larry Shyatt years, and go through Oliver Purnell, and finally Brownell.

This is total wins, with the postseason appearance, if applicable. Looking at this, someone NEEDS to ask Brad Brownell where he sees the progression.

He can talk ACC wins all he wants. Those are great. However, as of today, what did our big ACC wins this year mean? What has our ACC wins over the last few years meant?

With the exception of Brownell taking an NCAAT program to the “last four in” berth in the NCAAT in his first year… I think a fair question is:

What is the difference in the program under Larry Shyatt and under Brad Brownell?

Larry Shyatt total wins

20 - NIT

Oliver Purnell total wins

16 – NIT
19 – NIT
25 – NIT
24 – NCAA
23 – NCAA
21 – NCAA

Brad Brownell total wins

22 – NCAA
23 – NIT

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it's fair to say that looking at trends in those

Mar 16, 2016, 4:10 PM

numbers, if we had given Shyatt 5 more years he would've gotten us to a 20-win season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: What is Brad Brownell talking about?

Mar 16, 2016, 4:16 PM

Your facts are correct but please be advised, the Brownell "Family" ( since those that support him above the Clemson program can't possibly be a part of the Clemson Family) don't want, need or understand such things as the truth or facts. They worship their "leader" In an alternate universe where we are poised for greatness and anyone that doesn't ascribe to their "preachings" is a coot.

What were the "internal improvements" he repeatedly referred

Mar 16, 2016, 4:45 PM

to that only he and DRad understood? He kept mentioning them, but he never told us what they were?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What were the "internal improvements" he repeatedly referred

Mar 16, 2016, 4:47 PM

Improving the facilities, developing players, players graduating, not a single discipline issue.

Re: What were the "internal improvements" he repeatedly referred

Mar 16, 2016, 5:10 PM

He is thinking about how he is going to spend all that money he made off Clemson. I bet he lives out the contract, pays for a decent year next year which keeps him safe for the next 2 as we slip back into becoming a borderline D2 team. Only losing basketball teams brag about graduating players and not having discipline issues, winning teams send their kids to the NBA to make millions. A Clemson degree is great and all, but I would rather have a 3 year NBA contract and a basketball te that is at least watchable.

Why do you think he was so critical of Jaron Blossomgame?

Mar 16, 2016, 5:28 PM [ in reply to Re: What were the "internal improvements" he repeatedly referred ]

He did the same kind of thing to Rod Hall last year. He often takes an us vs. them attitude towards his players in assigning blame.

Does that bother you?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What is Brad Brownell talking about?

Mar 16, 2016, 5:14 PM

Not sure what is hard for you to understand or are you saying 17<16?

Duh

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

it should also be pointed out that

Mar 16, 2016, 5:24 PM

Brownell has had a much easier SOS than Purnell

I'm not sure what the average SOS over Shyatt's tenure was, but I would think it would be tougher than what Brownell has dealt with over the years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think there are, and have been, major issues at CU regarding basketball.

Mar 16, 2016, 9:01 PM

More specifically, support for basketball in relation to football. There is perhaps even more than that, but I suspect that said issues have been going on for quite some time.

How likely is it that out two best basketball coaches both left Clemson abruptly simply because they both had affairs? Even if those rumors are true, the odds of that being the real reason both times are really low.

In both cases, our AD was blindsided and didn't even have the chance to talk them out of it or match the offer. For two coaches who were very successful in the ACC to leave like they did suggests some deep problems behind the scenes.

I hope that DRad and the current administration are giving the basketball program what it needs to be successful.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,612
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic