Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What in the world are we going to do against UGA without
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

What in the world are we going to do against UGA without

Jan 6, 2013, 4:41 PM

Vince Dooley ?

Old timers know what I mean.

I think Buck Bellew is still in the booth though.

Man, I am so excited about renewing this true rivalry.

Trust me youngsters, you aint seen nothin yet.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What in the world are we going to do against UGA without

Jan 6, 2013, 4:45 PM

Im 30 and i know the rivalry. My cousins who are 21 and 24 know of the rivalry. My 6 year old nephew knows of the rivalry.

Who exactly doesnt know about the rivalry?

Awesome ! Love hearing that .

Jan 6, 2013, 4:58 PM

I just do not recall much talk about it over the years, in fact I have been told to give it up after I have cried for it forever.

You whippersnappers

Jan 6, 2013, 4:59 PM [ in reply to Re: What in the world are we going to do against UGA without ]

know of it but if you haven't bled for it you don't know it.

I was at Sanford stadium in 82 and was bruised and bloodied from the bottles and beer cans that hit us on the way back to the car. I was truly afraid for my life. (And before you talk big about what you would have done we were out numbered about 25-1)
Talk about a bunch of #### poor winners!!!

The coots are my rival and I want them to lose every time but those sumbeeches in red shirts and silver britches can die a long slow death on the way to hell!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

That is what I am talking about

Jan 6, 2013, 5:06 PM

you aint seen nothin yet .

I will nevr forget, after Hershel got his but kicked in the Valley, Uga fans walking by and saying "you all are so nice, great hosts and good sports"

THAT, my friends is being a Clemson Tiger !

Re: You whippersnappers

Jan 6, 2013, 5:14 PM [ in reply to You whippersnappers ]

I also was there in 82 and have never been treated that badly by opposing fans before or since. These two schools hated each other. Carolina game was just another game to me back then.

I too was genuinely worried that I wouldn't see another day.

Jan 6, 2013, 5:28 PM [ in reply to You whippersnappers ]

I tried to go there without a ticket, and buy one outside the gate. No Ga. fan would sell me one for less than $100.00. I therefore had to try to watch the game from the "trestle" outside the stadium. I,too,was greatly outnumbered; and had to actually wrestle with these 3 Ga. fans that were trying to throw me off it. My only saving grace was that all three of them were staggering drunk, and one Ga. fan that grabbed me has I was getting ready to fall. That was my second and LAST time going to Athens for a game.

Re: You whippersnappers

Jan 6, 2013, 5:55 PM [ in reply to You whippersnappers ]

Nostalgia.

I get the whole you don't know crap mindset toward the 30 and younger generation. I really do. Everything you have said is entirely true. UGA and CU do not like each other. We all witnessed that less than a decade ago (I believe it was 2004). I along with many other "WHIPPERSNAPPERS" visited Athens. I remember it like it was yesterday. DJ Shockley came back and won the game for them. The crowd let us have it the entire game. Lots of them wanted to fight us after the game, we had liquor bottles thrown at us.....Derp derp derp.

We all live in this state. The students at Clemson are literally separated by a span of 75 miles. I don't understand how anyone young or old could not know of this rivalry. And don't give me this you don't KNOW the rivalry crap. We get it. We understand it. We want it.

END ********* RANT

I was at the last game in Athens in 2002

Jan 6, 2013, 6:15 PM

The guy that gave us directions to the stadium, sent us down fraternity row. It was like walking the plank... I'll never forget. This is a game I've been waiting for, for a long time.

Jan 6, 2013, 5:13 PM [ in reply to Re: What in the world are we going to do against UGA without ]

I don't think he was saying you were not aware of the rivalry, just that many of the younger generation have not had the opportunity to experience it.

From 1962 to 1987, Clemson played the Dawgs every year but two. Since then we have played them only 6 times. Unfortunately, anyone born after 1976 or so has not really experienced the rivalry.

I was in Clemson from '85-'89 and grew up going to the games before then. Believe it or not a lot of Clemson fans hated the Dawgs worse then USuC. I know I did. That has subsided since we have not had them on the schedule consistently for several years.

I think in 1986 the Clemson-Tigers chant between the South and North stands was replaced by Georgia-Sucks. It was awesome. UGA players would taunt Clemson when they were on top of the hill and a fight nearly broke out after Clemson ran down the hill before kick-off almost every home game.

By the by, we have not fared to well against them. According to what I found, we are 17-41-4.

Jan 6, 2013, 5:56 PM

We just played a series in 2003 and 2004.

Is 17-41-4 a rivalry?

Jan 6, 2013, 6:53 PM [ in reply to Re: What in the world are we going to do against UGA without ]

Not according to Dabo! That's Clemson's record against Georgia.

Re: Re: What in the world are we going to do against UGA without

Jan 6, 2013, 4:53 PM

Haha, like the rivalry was played in the 1700's or something.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

08-31-13 Tigers 37- Dogs 10

Jan 6, 2013, 4:53 PM

just saying..

Jan 6, 2013, 4:57 PM

Back when we played UGA regularly I hated them more than USuC. Probably because the UGA game was a true rivalry. USuC was just a team on the schedule. Go TIGERS beat those leg humpers.

That is my true feeling

Jan 6, 2013, 5:01 PM

I could not have said it better .

I think the record is like 5-5-1

Re: That is my true feeling

Jan 6, 2013, 6:47 PM

Actually, Clemson is 17-41-4 against Georgia, which is not a rivalry if you go by Dabo's definition!

Jan 6, 2013, 5:09 PM

in the "both"? Sounds creepy. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sadly, my only experience was the 2003 (I think) opener

Jan 6, 2013, 5:10 PM

My only memories are uga girls looking hot and somebody joking before the first play just don't fumble the snap. Well, we fumbled that snap. It didn't get any better. I like our chances much better next year.

Re: Sadly, my only experience was the 2003 (I think) opener

Jan 6, 2013, 5:21 PM

hottest most humid early game I ever remember if that is the year I think it is

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sadly, my only experience was the 2003 (I think) opener

Jan 6, 2013, 5:51 PM [ in reply to Sadly, my only experience was the 2003 (I think) opener ]

I too am young and only experience in the rivalry was this game. As a poor college student at the time I always tried to save my money by not buying anything at the concessions at the games but this was probably the hottest game I've ever been too and I go to a lot of football games! I had to buy a lot of water to keep up with how much I was loosing in sweat just by standing still because we definitely didn't have a lot to cheer for that day. However, both of my In-Laws are UGA grads and my Dad went to many of games at Death Valley so I have heard all of the war stories! One of the worst I heard was after a Clemson win at UGA my father-in-law witnessed several UGA fans jumping up and down on the hood and top of a car that had Clemson stickers on it. The sad fact is that all teams have nasty fans and most of them are people who never even attended the university!

" Hang down your head Vince Dooley"

Jan 6, 2013, 5:21 PM

"Hang down your head and cry "

Re: " Hang down your head Vince Dooley"

Jan 6, 2013, 5:25 PM

Maybe Dereck will come with him. he should have lots of free time these days

good one, 84a. i like it!

Jan 6, 2013, 8:21 PM [ in reply to " Hang down your head Vince Dooley" ]

even better, given the nostalgia of this thread! but, these horror stories are all true! if it weren't for the braves being in ga., i would have lit the torch for sherman! i kid,i kid.

p.s. there is always columbia :)

Message was edited by: sgt tiger®

The song actually goes back further than Vince

Jan 6, 2013, 8:26 PM [ in reply to " Hang down your head Vince Dooley" ]

It was sung to Bill Dooley the head coach @ unc in the mid 70's in Death Valley.

:)

Jan 6, 2013, 5:29 PM

Your post prompted me to google the 1981 season. I was there on September 19th when our Tigers spanked them dawgs 13-3. That team gave up 120 points in 12 games.

Message was edited by: #1TIGER®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe that was the game when William Perry

Jan 6, 2013, 5:36 PM

just stuck out his big Paw and clotheslined Walker.

Herchel did not like getting hit, and he got hit a lot that day.

Fumbled a bit too, as I recall.

Great day

Jan 6, 2013, 5:52 PM

The one that knocked the S*********t out of hershe and all the dogs..... "watch the punt".... was Ray Brown. Bring on the doggies can't wait. Will be a war. Love it.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A final word

Jan 6, 2013, 5:55 PM

sung to the UGA anthem " To heII to HeII with Georgia ! The cesspool of the South" !

Jan 6, 2013, 6:03 PM

I remember when our band would play "Georgia, Georgia, Georgia won't you bite my ###?" Would be a nice tradition to pick back up.

Just bring your passion, and your history, to the game

Jan 6, 2013, 6:08 PM

Son.

The 8O's rivalry was just special . It was vile, hatefull, intense beyond belief .

I agree - back in "my day" I always wants to beat......

Jan 6, 2013, 6:10 PM

Carolina but the real rival was Georgia.

My original intent was " Hang down your head Vince Dooley"

Jan 6, 2013, 7:43 PM

But thanks for all the input.

I still say, you youngins aint seen nothin yet.

This is war !

I was at Clemson when we travelled to Athens for every

Jan 6, 2013, 8:29 PM

game...they wouldn't come to Clemson. I can tell you from nearly 50 years experience, you do not want to miss Clemson-Georgia!

HERE WE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TIGERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSS!!!

Message was edited by: hartins®

Message was edited by: hartins®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Without a doubt, hate to break it to you SC haters

Jan 6, 2013, 8:35 PM

THIS IS BIG BOY FOOTBALL !

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic