Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
13-0 CU is not a lock
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

13-0 CU is not a lock

Sep 29, 2019, 2:24 PM

Let's assume OU and tOSU are in.. if CU continues unimpressive winning, and the SEC has a knock down drag out battle to the end, it's possible the committee gives the SEC two slots, and makes CU #5. It will mainly depend on what the committee thinks the TV audience (and sponsors) will want to see. Follow the Benjamins.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 13-0 CU is not a lock***

Sep 29, 2019, 2:26 PM

you’re high. If we are undefeated,

No way we don’t make the playoffs.

Re: 13-0 CU is not a lock

An undefeated ACC champion who is the defending national champ and on a 28 game winning streak will NOT be left out of the playoffs.

Sep 29, 2019, 2:31 PM

I don't think the committee will be keen on setting up any 1-4, 2-3 maulings again this year.

Perception is reality for the suits.

We best be kicking #### going forward.

Epic fail there coot.

Sep 29, 2019, 2:52 PM

If Clemson is undefeated they’re in whether you like it or not. You’re not on the committee and apparently you know next to nothing about how they go about their business. Of course what else would I expect from a person whose team has not even come close to sniffing the playoff.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2019, 2:59 PM [ in reply to Re: 13-0 CU is not a lock ]

i cant believe some of these comments, dont make sense.. if clemson, ohio state and oklahoma are undefeated, there will be only room for one sec teams, sorry, it only makes sense, they are not gonna leave out undefeated champions.. only one i think might be on the bubble will be oklahoma, but if they beat texas and win out and their championship, they could be in, but t he only thing clemson can do is win out and let it play out.

Why are we assuming those teams will go undefeated?

Sep 29, 2019, 3:13 PM

Ohio state hasn't had an undefeated regular season since 2002 (not counting the 2012 probation year), and i don't believe Oklahoma has since 2004.

At least one of them will almost certainly lose.

We aren't going to get left out at 13-0.

Sep 29, 2019, 4:08 PM [ in reply to Re: 13-0 CU is not a lock ]

^ ^ ^

What he said.

Sep 29, 2019, 8:07 PM [ in reply to Re: 13-0 CU is not a lock ]

Exactly. If the last loss is back in 2018, there is zero chance of being left out. Zero.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2019, 2:29 PM

The committee will never deny an undefeated defending national champion a playoff slot. It would contradict their own previous year's judgement - and that does not happen in situations where political egos are involved. You can take that to the bank.

Sep 29, 2019, 2:30 PM

If we go 13-0 we will 100% make the playoffs and more than likely, be the #1 seed. There is no way they leave the defending National Champions out of the playoffs if we go undefeated. I don't care who else is undefeated.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Men at 25 play football. Men at 40 play tennis. Men at 60 play golf. Have you noticed as men get older their balls get smaller.

We would be in but I wouldn't necessarily count on the #1 seed

Sep 29, 2019, 3:16 PM

2014 FSU got the 3 seed at 13-0 behind two 12-1 teams.

I think we will be seeded behind any other undefeated teams this year due to weak schedule and if we struggle in some more games like we did yesterday we may even get jumped by a strong 1 loss team.

Nice try coot.

No, check that. Not even a nice try.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Wrong Coot!

No way. They would never turn us down at 13 - 0

You're trippy as your picture, dude....***

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You finally beat KY

Sep 29, 2019, 2:34 PM

go back to FGF and be happy

Why is it we're

Sep 29, 2019, 2:33 PM

assuming OU and OSU are in? It's unlikely either of those two will be undefeated.

Exactly

Sep 29, 2019, 2:42 PM

The two teams that embarrassed the committee the last few years, will not get in over Clemson. The undefeated, defending national champions. Plus, If history repeats itself like it likes to do, both of those teams will lose

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why is it we're

Sep 29, 2019, 3:27 PM [ in reply to Why is it we're ]

OU really only has to worry about Texas and OK St and OSU really only has Penn State and Wisconsin to worry about. You could include Michigan and MSU but they don't look like much of a threat right now. So I'd say OU and OSU still have a pretty good shot to go undefeated.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why is it we're

Sep 29, 2019, 11:22 PM

Add a conference championship in for both as well that will definitely be a rematch for OU and would also be one for OSU if Wisconsin with wins their division. Even if you say they have 3 games with a 75% chance of winning, odds are they lose not counting the other games. Every year people talk about all of these teams going undefeated and it never happens.

13-0 CU is a CFP lock

Sep 29, 2019, 2:37 PM

And you're either an idiot or a troll for suggesting otherwise

This post is a lock for stupidest, most moronic post ever.***

Sep 29, 2019, 2:37 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This post is a lock for stupidest, most moronic post ever.***

Sep 29, 2019, 11:26 PM

You obviously didn't read the one last night saying that BV and the defense saved Dabo's job on the 2 point conversion. This is Mensa material compared to that.

Sep 29, 2019, 2:39 PM

Worry about Uof5uC. Without the Clemson transfer you only beat a totally inept KY team 10 - 7.

I do have one question for a Uof5C fan. When we get 11 wins in a row and have run out of fingers and thumbs to hold up, what do you want to see for #11? I think I know what you want to see!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolutely 100% not going to happen

Sep 29, 2019, 2:40 PM

An undefeated P5 conference champion has never been left out.

And it won't happen this year.

*IF* there were the possibility of 5 undefeated P5 champions I *might* be nervous (though probably not), but there is precisely 0% chance an undefeated Clemson gets left out this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2019, 2:48 PM

I made a similar post last night. What would be ideal to happen is to go undefeated obviously, Wake to win all of their games besides us, UNC to win the rest of their games and lose to us again in ACCCG, FSU to win out after losing to us. Very unlikely but if that happens all 3 of those teams most likely would be ranked at the end of the year and would give us 3 quality wins (4 if texas a&m turns their season around and starts winning). OU could very well go undefeated, the only remaining tough game is Texas. OSU has penn state, michigan and Wisconsin so i could see them losing one of those games. There may be an undefeated SEC team but i doubt it, i think bama, LSU, UGA and Aub will all lose at least one game.

Sep 29, 2019, 3:08 PM

Nice try, but every team in the PAC already has at least one loss. So as others have pointed out, they will not keep out any undefeated P5 champion, not to mention also a defending champ with 28 straight wins. SMH

Sep 29, 2019, 3:11 PM

If Clemson goes undefeated the SEC schedule is going to guarantee at least 3 of the top 4 SEC teams with a loss and no way a one-loss SEC team overtakes an undefeated Clemson for the final playoff spot.

Auburn still has to play LSU, GA, FLA and ALA
LSU still has to play Auburn, FLA, ALA and A&M
Alabama still has to play A&M, LSU and Auburn
Georgia still has to play FLA, Auburn and A&M

AND, two of these teams still have to play each other in the conference championship. If Clemson, OU and OSU go undefeated, they will be waiting for the SEC conference champion to fill the last slot. Personally, I think it will be Alabama against Georgia for the last spot.

Sep 29, 2019, 3:17 PM

13-0 CU is in. Put down the pipe

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2019, 3:57 PM

Agree - win and we are in.

But...what if by some strange luck and coincidence, we won every single game from here by one point with heroics, some D, some O, at the end of the game?

I think the talk at that point is "Clemson knows how to win, regardless" and we still get in even under crazy undefeated records for others.

Sep 29, 2019, 4:04 PM

Lol

Sep 29, 2019, 4:05 PM

Not a lock. Lol

Why do you post this ?***

Sep 29, 2019, 4:33 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2019, 5:42 PM

I believe you’re an idiot. And to prove it, I will bet you $10,000 that Clemson will be in the playoffs if we are 13-0, regardless of anything else that happens in college football this year. Now put your money where your mouth is. I have an attorney we can use to put it in escrow.

Yes we are a lock at 13-0, chicken***

Sep 29, 2019, 5:53 PM

Sep 29, 2019, 5:56 PM

Put the crack pipe down

Absolutely incorrect

Sep 29, 2019, 6:01 PM

13-0 we are in. For a variety of reasons...including we will be one of the top 4 teams by any metric.

But, there will not be 4 other 13-0 teams...so our resume would be vs. 1 loss teams. No 2 time National Champion and 4 time playoff invitee with a 13-0 record and conference championship and 2 wins over SEC teams in non-conference is going to be left out. Period.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What if that 1 loss team is Bama, whose only loss was

Sep 29, 2019, 8:19 PM

by one point at Auburn, whose only loss is to UGA in the CCG. While we look unimpressive, beating a 9-3 UVA in the ACC CG.

Unlikely scenario, but it is possible.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What if that 1 loss team is Bama, whose only loss was

Sep 29, 2019, 10:46 PM

If Alabama loses their last regular season game to Auburn and doesn't even make the conference championship game, they don't leapfrog an undefeated Clemson. So no, it isn't possible.

Sep 29, 2019, 6:09 PM

We quite literally are a lock at 13-0 and the defending national champs

Sep 29, 2019, 6:36 PM

Lot of assumptions being made by a lot of people - most of them in error:

Assumption #1 - Clemson will continue to play like they did vs UNC. Why? In recent years have we continued to play like our worst game over and over? Or have we corrected it and won big?

Assumption #2 - Bama in CFP. They are very thin on the D-line with injuries. I'm not convinced they make it over LSU or Auburn or UGA.

Assumption #3 - Clemson's weak schedule. Now we all know its not a world-beater schedule. But you have to remember, the CFP committee values Top 40 wins....not AP Top 25...Top 40. And the ACC schedule is just getting started. With Texas A&M holding course, we could have a handful of Top 40 wins. WF is 5-0; FSU is rebouding some. Who knows what NCSt or BC will be. Plus UVA or whomever in the ACCCG. Pitt took down UCF, went wire-to-wire with Penn St. What is Penn St knocks off OSU or Wisconsin. And then we beat Pitt in ACCCG again? There's still a lot of stuff to happen. We're not even halfway through the season.

But we have to fix our mistakes - I have faith that we will. And keep winning.

Sep 29, 2019, 10:53 PM

Yes they are. Conference Championships matter, plus being undefeated. We would be a lock. No question.

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic