Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What if....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,666

What if....

Aug 13, 2019, 7:50 PM

We aren’t ready for the tough opening stretch defensively? We are blessed with exceptional athletes but despite their athleticism they lack experience. If they get off to a slow start do you folks believe our offense, with all the unbelievable playmakers we have, can carry this team? I believe the Syracuse game is going to be the biggest test we face next year and it comes way too early to get that much needed experience. But...if Trevor is behind center, anything is possible. He’s a total game changer. Go Tigers.!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What if....

Aug 13, 2019, 8:37 PM

We're totally doomed. Our coaching staff has only won 2 of the last 3 national championships not all 3 and 4 conference titles in a row. Our leading tackler returns and only a couple other preseason all americans so I really don't know how we're gonna be able to do against the likes of high octane offenses when we don't have 11 preseason all americans, TL is good but we only know how good he's been for one whole year. I'm scurrd this will be a rough year but if we make it to the playoffs and UGA and bama both make it at least we will face 2 tired teams...

Aug 13, 2019, 9:03 PM

I should thank you for “ setting me straight.” I posed the question to simply pose a hypothetical question. It was not an indictment of our team or our coaches. If you’re honest with yourself, you may feel a twinge of concern as well, maybe not. In that case my bad. I’m sure my concern will be dispelled but it was just a conversation starter, no offense to you or the team and coaches. Don’t assume malice on my part when it can be attributed to my ignorance,

Two letters:

Aug 13, 2019, 10:20 PM

B V

Remember them.

Aug 13, 2019, 10:53 PM

Clemonstiger89 I can't tell if you are trolling or not but here is my take in the event you are just one of those nervous people who always go "worst case 1st"!
Our DE's are young; but elite. Like 1st round elite. Isiah Simmons, Muse, Wallace, Terrell all started and are coaches on the field! Getting the new starters up to speed.
You have to remember Clemson lead the nation in playing time last year for reserves! Don't forget that part. From Logan Rudolph to Jordan Williams to Nyles Pinckney(who in my opinion is really a starter b/c he played starter minutes). All saw significant snaps! I am not worried about DE or the secondary. Frankly I am not real worried about DT either! I worry about the depth at LB but I love the guys who will "likely start"! Smith and Skalski are heady and tough and will play it how coach V drew it up which is a good thing! The moment won't be too big for those guys at all.

Backing them up are some really talented LB's but "green"! So, I worry there but just a little bit!

Besides all that - Brent Venables!

***Offense knows it will have to be on point. With the experience we have coming back; the only thing that will stop them is them unless something unforseen happens! But, remember Coach V has been asked this question time and time again about "rebuilding the top 10 defense"! Yet, with new guys we end up with a top 5 defense or 1st or 2nd let alone top 10. And their stats were taken "early in the season as well as late"! In short, we will be fine.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2019, 4:34 PM

I’m a Clemson Alumnus, class of 1989 my name is Samuel Lucas Clemons, look me up. Just because I can’t stand what some of our fan base has become and I post about remaining humble...this stupid idiotic Tigernet Pulse goes lower and lower. I don’t care, i just get frustrated by being called a troll! I am a third generation Clemson Man and the forth generation will graduate in May. For the love of God , please stop being paranoid and feeling anyone with a different opinion belongs to the coots. I’m not directing this solely at you Hillbilly, it’s just impossible to disprove a negative. The more you deny the implication then, you're guilty. If you ignore the barrage of accusations then, you’ve guilty because you aren’t taking up for yourself. How does one prove anything. At this point, I could give a rats butt what anyone thinks.Go Tigers!

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,666
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic