Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What has SCAR done lately?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

What has SCAR done lately?

Sep 7, 2012, 12:26 PM

I really don't get it. They beat us 3 times in a row for the first time over 40 years and the only time they go to their conference title game, they got the snot beat out of them (by a higher margin than our orange bowl loss I might add). Big effin deal.

Is it their recent baseball success that has deluded them into thinking they are a top football power somehow?

At least win some sort of title before you claim yourself a dominate program in any respect.

/end rant

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also, I love that the media abbreviates them as SCAR!***

Sep 7, 2012, 12:32 PM

Well, they have drastically improved for starters. If they

Sep 7, 2012, 12:34 PM

beat us this year they will have seniors that never lost to Clemson. That is unacceptable.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While true...

Sep 7, 2012, 2:31 PM

Even with arguably the best teams SCAR has produced in the last 3 years combined with the fact that Florida, Georgia and Tennessee are shells of their former selves they still didn't win anything. So if it doesn't happen now, I don't think it's ever going to because I don't see the aforementioned teams being down for very much longer.

I hope UGA isn't overrated this year and I keep hearing

Sep 7, 2012, 10:37 PM

that Tennessee has a much talent as they've had in a long time so maybe they are getting up off the mat now. Have they been good at all since that glorious Peach Bowl?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What has SCAR done lately?

Sep 7, 2012, 12:34 PM

Picked their noses and scratched their butts?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Sep 7, 2012, 12:37 PM

You left off the 2005-2006 NIT Championships in basketball.
If you are going to ask the question ,make certain you have all the pertinent championships listed.

Sep 7, 2012, 12:41 PM

I agree. They have gotten better. But yes, the recent success in baseball has clouded their minds. I saw so called "Carolina" fans wearing more and more baseball shirts and putting baseball stickers on their trucks. But the sad part is, they never watched or followed a game in their life until they went to the CWS. You could ask any of them and they wouldn't even know the baseball players. The only players "Carolina" fans know are Latta-Mo, Clowney, and Shaw. And that covers all Carolina sports.

Sep 7, 2012, 12:44 PM

Got 5th place rings?

Correction: What has SCAR done EVER?***

Sep 7, 2012, 1:10 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I was thinking about this today too. Let's not forget

Sep 7, 2012, 1:16 PM

that this pinnacle of football success was reached only AFTER they hired two college football hall of fame coaches AND cheated so much they were labelled "repeat offenders" by the NCAA.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Beat us 3 years in a row...

Sep 7, 2012, 1:18 PM

And that is what most "fans" know. They don't look at the rest of their pathetic history (A losing record to Duke...c'mon!!). They are having the greatest period even in SCAR sports, and they don't know how to handle it.

Its like old money (Clemson) versus someone who wins the lottery (SCAR...must have been a scrath off). The lottery people don't know how to handle it and so they do some stupid things and act like @sses, while the old money is use to it and takes it in stride.

Old money?

Sep 7, 2012, 3:18 PM

Clemson had 1 decade of good football, other than that, a very mediocre history. This is why folks at the national level laugh at Clemson. You think you're bama or something.

14 Conference Titles in 6 different decades..yep Old Money

Sep 7, 2012, 3:41 PM

You have 1 in over 100 years...NEXT!!!!

Re: Old money?

Sep 7, 2012, 8:43 PM [ in reply to Old money? ]

compare our trophy case in football championships to yours...then talk about it...you have no idea what you are talking...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Learn your own history

Sep 13, 2012, 1:22 PM [ in reply to Beat us 3 years in a row... ]

When the Gamecocks left the ACC Clemson also had a losing record to Duke. The Gamecocks just didn't play them every year for the last 40 years while they sucked to make up for it like you did. Sort of like saying at least the Gamecocks don't have a losing record to Vandy like the Tigers.

Sep 7, 2012, 2:09 PM

Meh, probably some truth to that but could just as easily be applied to Clemson.

well, iknow their QB tore his labia or something like that

Sep 7, 2012, 2:13 PM

last week

more than likely someone else got arrested too prolly

null

You have to undrestand their thought prcess.

Sep 7, 2012, 2:14 PM

They've been brainwashed into believing that last place in the SEC translates into any other conference championship.

They've dominated us 3 years in a row.

Sep 7, 2012, 3:25 PM

From a Tiger fan's perspective, that means EVERYTHING.

You can downplay it all you want but nothing else matters in our rivalry except head to head matchups.

exactly***

Sep 7, 2012, 3:29 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am felling better about Clemson's chances against them

Sep 7, 2012, 3:32 PM [ in reply to They've dominated us 3 years in a row. ]

this year even with only the first game of the season having been played, so far. Honestly, the only position I see as them being ahead of Clemson right now is DLine. I like Lattimore but a healthy AE in this offensive scheme is deadly - call that a toss up.

I do too, especially at home. But...

Sep 7, 2012, 4:19 PM

They pushed us around in the trenches each year. I really like the addtion of Shatley on the OL b/c of this reason. I hope that he gets stronger and meaner as the season goes on and we run the pistol right behind C and RG all day long.

Re: I am felling better about Clemson's chances against them

Sep 7, 2012, 5:17 PM [ in reply to I am felling better about Clemson's chances against them ]

This is the same thing Clemson fans thought for the first 8 weeks of the season last year as well. Riding high with an offense that looked to be unstoppable, and how did that turn out?

I understand the hatred towards Carolina, but I do not understand how some of you can completely dismiss the fact that Carolina has owned Clemson across almost all sports for the last 3 years. Saying that they have not played for a championship is a Clemson fans way of trying to grasp onto anything at this point.

Also, all of the talk about the history of the rivalry and Carolina's poor athletic history is pathetic. Who honestly cares what happened 20, 30, 40 years ago?

Re: I am felling better about Clemson's chances against them

Sep 7, 2012, 7:19 PM

> Who honestly cares what happened 20, 30,
> 40 years ago?

I agree that you have owned us the last three years and I get how big something like this is to your program but I find it laughable that all SCAR fans say history doesn't matter. I guess we as a country should forget the Revolutionary War, Civil War, WWI, WWII, Vietnam, 9/11 and all the things that made us whp we are today. History is what defines us and your 3 year streak is great for you but your program isn't three years old.

When a team blows you out for 3 consecutive years...

Sep 7, 2012, 3:28 PM

they have bragging rights. It's really that simple. Let us not forget the sacred laws of scoreboard. We will get it back soon. But we can't ignore reality in the meantime.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And won their division in a harder conference and made 3

Sep 7, 2012, 8:48 PM

straight CWS finals, winning 2. Any Clemson folks talking smack look very stupid. We need to shut up till we do something about it.

how about

Sep 7, 2012, 3:55 PM

Went 11-2 in best football conference in America (nope you cant argue), back to back baseball national champs and played for a 3rd. Ended football season strong win vs a goos traditional football team. Spent millions upgrading our football facilities, beat rival 3 years straight. Any school in America would be proud of those accomplishments. Did it take 100 years? Sure but it was done and no one on earth can control what happened before they were born so I dont worry about trivial stats like never won in 100 years or overall record. This post isnt a slam on Clemson but why are you surprised SC fans are confident? Things are going well.

Actually, those 2 losses came to the best football division

Sep 7, 2012, 8:37 PM

The SEC east is by no means filled with power houses. Don't get fooled by the media hype bro. I'll admit you guys have improved, but that conference is top heavy and the better side kept you out of the title game. That's actually a good thing because LSU would have destroyed you just like Auburn did the one time you made the title game.

i would

Sep 7, 2012, 10:25 PM

Hardly lump the USC Clemson rivalry in the same historic category as the Civil and Revolutionary War.

The reality is SC could win 10 in a row, a decade, and Clem fans would still boast the series record....My point is as a fan I dont care about that. If that were reversed I wouldnt be slamming the team who has worn us for that long recently.

I have a lot of respect for CU football but if you dont think SC has leveled the playing field in all major sports, then you are in denial. Instead of pretending thats not the case, do something about it. Id seriously start with your S&C coach and then recruit some linemen to compliment your skill players. You have serious speed amd athleticism but against good teams you need a better push up front. Just my opinion, no flame intended.

I would respect the three in a row a bit more

Sep 7, 2012, 10:35 PM

if you guys hadn't scheduled cupcakes before our game the last three years. Actually, 2010 that's no way we don't lose that one. that team was atrocious. We do, however, need to recruit better o lineman. I never understood why we didn't do better here. SCar as of late has not been the pushover that we're used to. my biggest issue with SCar fans is that they think they're world beaters. I don't blame you though. if the media constantly called the acc the best conference in the universe I'd buy it too.

We are seeing a different breed of chicken.....

Sep 7, 2012, 10:27 PM

..still chickens, but stronger and faster.

Sep 7, 2012, 10:37 PM

Most people only care about football, but USC has beaten Clemson in just about everything over the past 3 years. Clemson has some wins in a few programs mixed in, but USC has pretty much won almost all contests (Football, Basketball, Baseball, W. Basketball, Soccer, W. Soccer, now Volleyball, and so on).

USC swept Clemson in volleyball 3-0 tonight. This was the one sport that Clemson had been winning.

Total history..USC hasn't done much. Since 2009, Clemson hasn't had any success against USC. Other time, Clemson hasn't had a time period in recent memory that they won in everything. USC is doing that to Clemson right now.

So the question is this: is the recent USC success....

Sep 7, 2012, 10:39 PM

..an anomaly, or an actual "changing of the guard" type thing?

Re: So the question is this: is the recent USC success....

Sep 7, 2012, 11:05 PM

> ..an anomaly, or an actual "changing of the guard"
> type thing?

There better for sure but alot of there recent success has come at a time when the SEC east has been pretty awful.

Since SCAR's rise...

Florida is 15-9 in the last two years (4-4 2010 and 3-5 2011 in conference). Tennessee is 11-14 last two years (3-5 2010 and 1-7 2011 in conference). Vanderbilt is 8-17 last two years (1-07 2010 and 2-6 2011 in conference). Kentucky is 11-14 last two years (2-6 2010 and 2-6 2011 in conference). Georgia the only team who has been somewhat decent is 16-11 the last two years
(3-5 2010 and 7-1 2011 in confernce).

Re: So the question is this: is the recent USC success....

Sep 13, 2012, 1:05 PM

You are still comparing USC to the SEC, while other posters are comparing USC to Clemson right now. I understand your point that History defines who you are, but what happened 40 years ago in the rivalry has absolutely no bearing on what happens this November. Clemson fans are in denial that USC is a much, much better program than it used to be. Is the USC program better than Clemson right now? Only the play on the field determines that and as of right now, the answer would be yes.

As far as the poster saying that USC scheduled cupcake games before Clemson the past 3 years,last year Clemson played a NC State team that was 5-5, 2010 it was Wake Forest who was 2-8 and in 2009 Clemson played Virginia who was 3-7 the week before.

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic