Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What happens to Will Swinney next year?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

What happens to Will Swinney next year?

Nov 28, 2020, 7:53 PM

If he comes back as a 5th year senior (since this year doesn't count due to covid), will he be backing up Brannon Spector? if Spector is injured, will Ole' Swinney be the starter? ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would guess he would come back to finish his masters

Nov 28, 2020, 7:58 PM

degree. I assume he has a BS after 5 years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not sure but at least he is one player that doesn't need

Nov 28, 2020, 7:59 PM

a scholie

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

he might not need one, but he is on scholarship***

Nov 28, 2020, 8:00 PM

correct for this year - the extra players

Nov 28, 2020, 8:02 PM

may jam up the normal formula though - not sure of all the details

null

I don’t have an issue with him being on the team

Nov 28, 2020, 9:43 PM [ in reply to he might not need one, but he is on scholarship*** ]

but am surprised he would take up a scholarship.

Re: What happens to Will Swinney next year?

Nov 28, 2020, 8:00 PM

As long as his dad is our coach, I’m just fine with Will Swinney [misspelling fixed...] being a part of our team. Fifth year; GA; Assistant Coach; Coach. It’s all good by me.

$.02

Message was edited by: Uncle Bill®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

How is it that you don't know how to spell our coach's name

Nov 28, 2020, 8:02 PM

he's been here 17 years, 12 years as head coach?

Re: How is it that you don't know how to spell our coach's name

Nov 28, 2020, 8:26 PM

Brain fart Neal - my bad - I just wasn’t paying attention. Fixed it.

Mea Culpa!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: How is it that you don't know how to spell our coach's name

Nov 29, 2020, 6:46 AM [ in reply to How is it that you don't know how to spell our coach's name ]

I go by Andrew Jackson's quote “It is a damm poor mind that can think of only one way to spell a word.”

Words to live by.

Nov 28, 2020, 8:08 PM

He’s already behind Spector. Dabo only really plays him in garbage time at WR. Dabo seems pretty fair with meaningful snaps. If other guys beat him out for 2nd string reps, Dabo isn’t going to force his kid in there. PR is a different story...he should be giving other guys reps to find the next playmaker back there. We shouldn’t be wasting live reps on a fair-catch guy. He does a good job on the holding... it’s good to have a guy that can focus on making that a non-issue.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2020, 8:28 PM

Considering everything Dabo has done for Clemson I am embarrassed that people here are taking cheap shots at his son Will. Yes the kid does not have all the talent of a 4 or 5 star recruit. But what is the harm playing him in blow outs? He certainly puts in the effort and carries himself well. Can we give the Will Swinney bashing a break for a while.

Nov 28, 2020, 8:37 PM

Will has been the holder since he got there, as a true Freshman. I don't know if any of you know it or not, but that is a very important position, and if you've never tried it, you'll find it's not nearly as easy as it looks. We should thank Will for being reliable, and dedicated. If you will remember, that's what Jeff Scott did when he came to Clemson, and he turned out pretty well. So get off the coaches kids back!

Nov 29, 2020, 8:07 AM

There were several key kicks in 2018 that Will managed to snag the ball and get it down for the kick that a lot of players wouldn't have been able to do! He has certainly earned his scholly!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2020, 8:40 PM [ in reply to Re: What happens to Will Swinney next year? ]

Exactly right

none if these bashers would put in the time and effort to do the same. So what he's not a 4 or 5 star guy

Neither was his dad at first.

null

Nov 28, 2020, 8:42 PM

He may turn out to be a pretty good coach someday.... Dreams really DO come true!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2020, 9:33 PM [ in reply to Re: What happens to Will Swinney next year? ]

Really . I agree . These bashers don’t seem to understand that not only is he a very good holder , but he has been pretty darn reliable fielding punts . I think he has only mishandled one punt out of all he’s fielded if my memory is correct .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty sure he’ll have a talk

Nov 28, 2020, 9:09 PM

with his coaches, HC Dabo Swinney, then mom and dad to figure out what’s best for him moving forward. Great kid!

Go Tigers!

??***

Nov 28, 2020, 9:17 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2020, 9:22 PM

It's amazing to me how some of you morons always want to put people down! Dabo's sons probably have more class and character than most of the others on the team, and a hell of a lot more character than those of you on here who want to put these kids down. Stupid, IMO

He actually gets positive yardage on the sweep play?***

Nov 28, 2020, 9:45 PM

Nov 29, 2020, 12:08 AM

No no and no.

Nov 29, 2020, 12:38 AM

I have never seen him mishandle a snap for our placekicker. In my opinion that is as an important task as you can have. It could mean the difference between a win and a loss.

Nov 29, 2020, 2:53 AM

I think I remember one botch...but I also remember lots of snaps that he has saved.

Lmao..

Nov 29, 2020, 2:55 AM

There is not one poster in this thread that would not play his son a lot in these type of games.

True - so I am adding my name to the thread.***

Nov 29, 2020, 8:01 AM

Nov 29, 2020, 6:23 AM

he goes to Alabama with his diddy?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2020, 8:11 AM

Also our other reliable PRer was in the "Love Shack!"

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I woke up this morning and visited

Nov 29, 2020, 8:18 AM

Tigernet. The first two threads that I read are an absolute embarrassment! There is a he!! Of a lot more to being a team member than pure athleticism. You are embarrassing me, and are a bunch of ingrates.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic