Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is there any doubt we boat race Alabama
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Is there any doubt we boat race Alabama

Aug 21, 2016, 7:28 PM

if we opened with them?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Is there any doubt we boat race Alabama

Aug 21, 2016, 7:30 PM

Boat race?

Aug 21, 2016, 7:30 PM

Well...yes

Aug 21, 2016, 7:31 PM

you mean motor boat their wimminz?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2016, 7:47 PM

count me in

Aug 21, 2016, 7:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Is there any doubt we boat race Alabama ]

No we wax them.

Go for it

Aug 22, 2016, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Is there any doubt we boat race Alabama ]

and Good luck to you...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIGER BALLS.

Now, THAT is a Crimson Tide, all by itself.

Aug 22, 2016, 10:43 AM

nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2016, 8:01 PM

keep in mind Alabama hasn't lost a game by less than 14 points since 2007..and have lost just 10 since 2010, so boat race may be a relative term in this situation..All that aside, what makes you think that a team you just lost to last game, who is returning quite a lot and has the best receiving core in the nation, would lose to y'all by a large margin. Sure, y'all have Watson and Bama doesn't know who their QB is, but Jake friggin Coker won a NC so that shouldn't be a problem this year either. Clemson does return a bunch on offense and will have the most explosive offense in the country, but y'all still have a weak special teams and secondary, not to mention a very young defense. I think it would be a close game, but I just could never envision any scenario where Clemson beats Alabama by more than 3-7 points as long as Saban is in Tuscaloosa

Aug 21, 2016, 8:02 PM

*hasn't lost a game by more more than 14 points, my bad

Bama doesn't have the best WR corp, but cool***

Aug 21, 2016, 8:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Is there any doubt we boat race Alabama ]

Re: Bama doesn't have the best WR corp, but cool***

Aug 21, 2016, 8:57 PM

very debatable, it's a tossup between Alabama and Clemson as to who has the best WR corp. Several publications have given Bama the nod..Clemson's wideouts are very good and you know more about them than I do, but Calvin Ridley, Ardarius Stewart, Robert Foster, Gehrig Dieter, Cam Sims and OJ Howard (you remember him) at TE is absolutely filthy, almost unfair.

Aug 21, 2016, 9:03 PM

Oj Howard had a big game because of Alexander being hurt not because he some freak of a tight end.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2016, 9:30 PM

It's funny you say that because dude is by definition a freak athlete..only had average stats because Bama is so good they didn't even need him much of the time to win..our coaching staff unleashed him in the perfect way to surprise y'all and it worked. Watch the film, Lane ran plays that would confuse your secondary and it exploited them like he does. Alexander out was a big blow, but injuries are part of the game

never heard of any of them

Aug 22, 2016, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Bama doesn't have the best WR corp, but cool*** ]

except for Ridley and he was pretty quiet in the NCG...however our walk-on freshman WR did work against Fitzpatrick the 5* DB

Mayo had a great game...cant really say anything about that, but he was a nobody before that game and Saban implemented him in the game plan bc he is an excellent coach and recognized our weakness.

So I would say the best WR corp in the nation stays with us, but thanks for trying.

Aug 22, 2016, 11:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Bama doesn't have the best WR corp, but cool*** ]

> very debatable, it's a tossup between Alabama and
> Clemson as to who has the best WR corp. Several
> publications have given Bama the nod..Clemson's
> wideouts are very good and you know more about them
> than I do, but Calvin Ridley, Ardarius Stewart,
> Robert Foster, Gehrig Dieter, Cam Sims and OJ Howard
> (you remember him) at TE is absolutely filthy, almost
> unfair.

I've talked with a high school coach - very well known, actually - who went to Alabama and then Clemson on the same trip, and he watched both teams.

He says Alabama's got a (slight) edge at OT because Cam Robinson is unreal, easily a Top-5 pick, but otherwise it's a push on the OL. He gave them a slight edge on DE because of numbers, us an edge at DT for the same reason...and he said, the thing that shocked him was how much Alabama looked like a JV squad at QB and WR compared to Clemson. Calvin Ridley, he said, was the only one who would crack Clemson's 2-deep.

He did mention that Burton Burns has the best job in the country, though. Alabama's RB's are unreal, as usual. Clemson's are good...Alabama's are on a different planet from anybody else's.

Aug 22, 2016, 11:35 AM

1. Mike Williams
2. Calvin Ridley
---
3. Gehrig Deiter
4. Deon Cain
5. Robert Foster
6. Artavis Scott
7. Ardarius Stewart
8. Hunter Renfroe

My .02. Both teams are stacked.

Even if you want to say the WR corp is even...

Aug 22, 2016, 11:48 AM

You have to look at each teams ability to get the ball into their hands...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...and srcamble when he can't.***

Aug 22, 2016, 11:52 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's wait till the end of the year... That's what counts.***

Aug 21, 2016, 8:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Is there any doubt we boat race Alabama ]

Re: Let's wait till the end of the year... That's what counts.***

Aug 21, 2016, 8:59 PM

I agree

Aug 21, 2016, 9:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Is there any doubt we boat race Alabama ]

keep in mind Alabama hasn't lost a game by less than 14 points since 2007..and have lost just 10 since 2010, so boat race may be a relative term in this situation..All that aside, what makes you think that a team you just lost to last game, who is returning quite a lot and has the best receiving core in the nation, would lose to y'all by a large margin. Sure, y'all have Watson and Bama doesn't know who their QB is, but Jake friggin Coker won a NC so that shouldn't be a problem this year either. Clemson does return a bunch on offense and will have the most explosive offense in the country, but y'all still have a weak special teams and secondary, not to mention a very young defense. I think it would be a close game, but I just could never envision any scenario where Clemson beats Alabama by more than 3-7 points as long as Saban is in Tuscaloosa

I agree with you if we beat alabama this year it will be a close game. I do think our Defense will be better than most people think they will be. I also think that if Alexander had not got hurt last year that game would have been different but at this point who cares because the bottom line is we loss. The thing is with a high powered offense if the offense on the other team makes a few mistakes there is always a good chance that our O will start pulling away from another team. I just hope we get another chance at a natty this year whether it is against bama or new mexico state.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2016, 9:08 PM

you have a pretty reasonable argument saying that if Alexander were in the game, y'all may not have given up so many busted coverages..just the way the game is sometimes though i guess. That's true, you're offense is so high powered that it can manage winning some shootouts even if the secondary/special teams doesn't play particularly well. You'll prob make it back to the playoff but we'll see what happens at Doak

What happened to Beer Bryant; cfbfan take the baton?

Aug 21, 2016, 9:31 PM

I actually thought Beer Bryant was alright. While
I disagreed with a lot of what he said, he tried to
be civil unlike the arrogant smug redneck Bama fans
on some of the Youtube videos. I think we may have
upset him after the Cam Robinson/Laurence Jones ordeal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What happened to Beer Bryant; cfbfan take the baton?

Aug 21, 2016, 9:33 PM

In what way am I not being civil?

Didn't say you weren't; i was just talking about Beer Bryant

Aug 21, 2016, 9:43 PM

who frequented the board in the spring and early
summer, but haven't seen him lately. It's good
to get an outsider's perspective and have some fun
because football is basically entertainment. You're
objective so far, as long as you don't turn into
one of these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO-QbPo_RQ8

Re: Didn't say you weren't; i was just talking about Beer Bryant

Aug 21, 2016, 9:49 PM

ah my mistake, I do remember seeing that guy's account when I frequented Tnet back in January. It's not always easy being associated with the Bama fan base due to its stigma, albeit I'm #### proud to roll with the tide. And that's why I come here, for the outsider's perspective. But also because I love the sport in general and sense a lot of excitement and energy from y'all's fan base. I can tell Clemson fans are genuine and in some ways similar to us Bama fans believe it or not

I stayed out of his way until he called right, wrong...

Aug 21, 2016, 9:37 PM [ in reply to What happened to Beer Bryant; cfbfan take the baton? ]

and wrong, right. I just couldn't give him a pass on defending Saban's handling of players lawlessness. Didn't need him, didn't want him, glad he's history. Probably has a scok.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Surprised only 21 posts in thread

Aug 22, 2016, 10:09 AM

This was a definite 9.5/10.

I'd prefer to wait and do it when we close with them...Yep.***

Aug 22, 2016, 11:53 AM

Re: I'd prefer to wait and do it when we close with them...Yep.***

Aug 22, 2016, 12:02 PM

Bama potentially could be starting a true freshman by the name of Jalen Hurts. He shares some of the qualities that make Watson so great. He plays with poise and shows natural leadership. He's a coaches son with a big arm who is a true dual threat. He doesn't have the accuracy that Watson has, but he has the escapability and the ability make plays with his legs.

Most of the Bama faithful expect him to eventually win the job because of his big play potential.

Well, maybe they'll do good with their DW wannabe... We

Aug 22, 2016, 12:06 PM

have the real thing... I expect this O to be a never-before-seen machine.

yes***

Aug 22, 2016, 1:14 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: yes***

Aug 22, 2016, 2:33 PM

If that game is week one, Bama wins 41-31

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic