Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What happened to "90 plays & 100% of the playbook" speeches?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,112

What happened to "90 plays & 100% of the playbook" speeches?

Sep 23, 2014, 3:30 PM

That's all we heard from Chad Morris his first 2 years or so, but now......(insert) chirping of crickets.

Actually, it's more like "it's not my fault these kids can't execute what I'm teaching them" as his built in excuse.

Hello, SMU...Can you hear me now? I see Morris as a hot shot Minor Leaguer that comes up to the big leagues and gets fed a ton of fastballs & hits about .333 the first month. THEN everyone has time to develop a scouting plan on him and they attack his weaknesses and he crashes back to the reality of .225 for the rest of the year. Coaches have seen all the gimmicks that Morris has thrown out there & made the necessary adjustments to shut us down. Only the amazing talents of Nuk, CJ & Sammy (and to an extent Boyd) allowed us to overcome the stronger teams game plan.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You forgot to add a Washington Post blog link.***

Sep 23, 2014, 3:33 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: What happened to "90 plays & 100% of the playbook" speeches?

Sep 23, 2014, 4:51 PM

CJ never played for Morris, n00b.

Trying to bash Morris

Sep 23, 2014, 4:54 PM

Doesn't know CJ didn't play for him.

There's that chicken smell again.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

LOL, and Kevin Steele wasted the Frig's talents***

Sep 23, 2014, 8:58 PM

Sep 23, 2014, 8:55 PM

Lots of truth to that. Also a lot of truth to the fact that Sammy fixes a lot.

I've mentioned is before. Sammy Watkins vs THE Ohio Stae University:

16 catches, 237 yds, 2 30 yd TD catches, AND about 200 yds after the catch. How is that possible? Only one way.....he caught 14 passes 3-6 yds behind the line of scrimmage. In fact, 23 of Tahj's 29 completions were behind the LOS. ONLY 5 passes were thrown more than 4 yds past the LOS. ( 2 tds, 2 intercepted, and one incomplete).

What's my point? Whoever posted this was dead on, except for the Sammy factor, which makes Morris look even better. Give good DCs a year or two to study the offense......take away Sammy.....and it ain't what u think.

Even with Sammy check out our red-zone last year...and this year... How bout that short yardage O? Beginning to see the truth?

Watch the great passing teams. Their WRs actually cross the LOS. When we do that, it's awesome......but we really don't do it as much as you think. In fact the reason I went thru the Orange Bowl game was to see if a friend of mine was right about how we "stretch" the field. LOL. Is all I can say.

Sep 23, 2014, 10:15 PM

Exactly right
The ole bubble screen play without Sammy just doesn't cut it like it used to.

Sep 23, 2014, 10:59 PM

We never run 90 plays on the road versus equally competitive teams and when your QB is a true freshman - you aren't going to run plays as fast.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

What happened?

Sep 24, 2014, 12:26 AM

A few years ago he was the only reason we won, now he's the reason we lose? ###, you dumpers need to find a lie and stick to it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thing is, his plays may have worked and worked well if

Sep 24, 2014, 12:28 AM

they were executed better. Then these kinds of posts would never exist. I'm sure Morris doesn't teach them to snap the ball 9 feet in the air, or teach Lakip to aim at ugly Criminole fans when he gets the chance...or for Battle to fall on his face instead of making a tackle.

It should have never came down to Chad having to go for it on 4th and 1. Then, once again, these posts would never exist...

Re: Thing is, his plays may have worked and worked well if

Sep 24, 2014, 12:31 AM

If battle makes his block on that screen ...he'd still be running there was nobody for 30 plus yards in sight .. Chad was so pissed he was like 6 or 8 steps on the field.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,112
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic