Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Howard's Rock ranked #3 CFB tradition
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,305

FB Update: Howard's Rock ranked #3 CFB tradition

Oct 25, 2014, 10:47 AM

Howard's Rock ranked #3 CFB tradition

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the best thing is that Clemson has the ONLY tradition

Oct 25, 2014, 10:53 AM

that the FOOTBALL TEAM actually participates in doing. The rest of the "traditions" are sideshow antics.

In ESPN's weekly #1QFor128 college football poll, the coaches were asked: What is college football’s best tradition? Here were their answers:

Army-Navy game, 16 percent
12th Man/midnight yell, Texas A&M, 11 percent
Howard’s Rock, Clemson, 10 percent
Dotting the “i,” Ohio State, 9 percent
War Eagle fly in, Auburn, 7 percent
"Jump Around, Wisconsin, 6 percent
Osceola and Renegade, Florida State, 5 percent
Gold helmets/"Play Like a Champion Today," Notre Dame, 5 percent
Rivalry games, 4 percent
Running of Ralphie the Buffalo, Colorado, 2 percent

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: the best thing is that Clemson has the ONLY tradition

Oct 25, 2014, 4:42 PM

Um, pretty sure the whole Army Navy game is an actual game. Not a sideshow.
There is plenty of pomp surrounding the game, but the game is played.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What gives?

Oct 25, 2014, 10:54 AM

I didn't see the hermaphroditic parrot escaping from a jail cell amongst the spritzing fire extinguishers. This list is bogus. That entrance is pure magical.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Nor do I see the WB 3rd quarter exodus or the Coot's

Oct 25, 2014, 11:03 AM

getting handed a losing season and knocked out of bowl eligibility in the same game by losing to Clemson. There's a chance we can bring all of those back this year. Those were great traditions.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What gives?

Oct 25, 2014, 11:11 AM [ in reply to What gives? ]

yep, hard to beat the cross dressing poultry, breaking out of jail to fire extinguishers (which is appropriate since SoCar likes to get fried, all to the tune of 2001, Thus Spoke Zarathustra, which is a tone poem by Strauss but inspired by the work of Nietzsche,how many ppl realize that much of the work deals with ideas such as the "eternal recurrence of the same" so it is actually the PERFECT song for So Car, eternal recurrence of the same...like being a bunch of losers.---- see mom and you thought I slept through class. how much better does it get then watching cross dressing jail birds escape? makes me all warm and fuzzy just thinking about it.. oh wait, no, that just means I have to go to the bathroom.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#1 CFB tradition - Gamecocks losing

Oct 25, 2014, 10:58 AM

With a bird in a cage and mullets in a cockaboose and whatnot.

Even though a Clemson grad/fan I find the OSU dotting of "I"

Oct 25, 2014, 1:20 PM

band formation to be awesome..but thought the 9% of poll vote given to that tradition was about right..to the 10% of poll vote for Howard's Rock/The HiLL tradition...Both being fantastic imo.

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Too bad the Picken's County DA doesn't see it this way*

Oct 25, 2014, 1:39 PM

nm

Re: Too bad the Picken's County DA doesn't see it this way*

Oct 25, 2014, 5:03 PM

You do realize that 13th Circuit Solicitor Walt Wilkins's uncle is David Wilkins, Chairman of the Clemson Board of Trustees? Doubt that Walt wants to sweep the damage under the rug, and if he did, Ambassador Wilkins would have his gonards in a paper bag, probably handing them off to his brother and Walt's dad, Billy Wilkins, Chief Judge of the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals.

But if the idiot with the sledge and his family (his dad and others were also charged) have a half decent attorney and some $$$, this thing will drag on for years. It won't be settled in a week or two.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With all his success, his highest salary was $25,000 a year. The president of the university, Dr. R. F. Poole, feared that professors who earned less would be upset. "He called me up and said that he didn't want me to tell anybody what I made," Howard once said. "I said: 'Doc, you don't have to worry. I'm as ashamed as you are of what you pay me.' " - Frank Howard Obituary, New York Times, 01/27/1996

They do have a very good lawyer.***

Oct 29, 2014, 10:29 PM

I'm sorry but if your 'Tradition' involves a song

Oct 25, 2014, 5:49 PM

that was written in the '90s, it shouldn't belong on this list. Period.

What? No Sandstorm?***

Oct 25, 2014, 5:53 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,305
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic