Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What exactly is our offensive identity?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

What exactly is our offensive identity?

Jan 13, 2015, 10:54 PM

I've been a big brownell fan, and for years the identity I've been told is that he is "an x and o's coach that uses cuts and screens to get good open shots". And I have nothing against that, if you get an open look and miss, then there's not much there to do other than practice more shooting.

BUT, this year especially, guys like ajukwa, Harrison, and devoe will have a wide open three or jumper staring them in the face and just pass it away. And then pass and pass until we turn it over or let blossomgame or hall try a circus shot. Roper has been the ONLY guy with any confidence in his shot, and even if they aren't falling I applaud him for that.

And as for our big men, if we had 3 Landry nnokos on the floor this year then 1 josh smith would still be giving more effort it seems.....

It's dissapointing this basketball team is to me as a huge fan, but I'm just not sure how we fix it at this point

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our players are not good outside shooters.

Jan 13, 2015, 11:03 PM

Therefore, if this cannot get corrected then this offense is doomed. Don't know if the problem is talent, technique, confidence, or whatever but they just are not good shooters. Hope they can get it fixed.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What exactly is our offensive identity?

Jan 13, 2015, 11:07 PM

I've been told he's one of the best x's and o's coaches in the game. Clearly that's not the case. He's an average coach, a below average recruiter, and as a result we are a below average program.

Jan 13, 2015, 11:11 PM

In this day and age of college basketball where it's basically just set a pick and roll and let the player do something with it, I have to wonder what x and o's really means honestly. Sure you can make plays, but whatever plays we run don't exactly get us much anyhow so they cant be that effective...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2015, 11:55 PM [ in reply to Re: What exactly is our offensive identity? ]

To say CBB is a "below average recruiter" is an undeserved compliment.

He has not reached below average yet.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic