Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What exactly is Zach Giella's status?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

What exactly is Zach Giella's status?

Dec 16, 2019, 3:24 PM

I know his 'eligibility is all but expired', and he was a reserve anyway, but has he been practicing with the team? An incredible commitment for an almost negligible return, but Dabo kept him on scholly for a reason. If he has been practicing all along, I'd love to see him get some action.

I'm hoping keeping him on scholly was not done just to prevent legal action.

It still concerns me because here in Augusta people don't want to talk about it, but when i pushed one of his classmates' mom to express her opinion, she believes there's no question he cheated. She said she trusts the NCAA more than she trusts Dabo. Since she is a GA fan, of course she says that. But if your friends' families don't believe in you, it would be nice if the Tiger family gave him a momentary recognition.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What exactly is Zach Giella's status?

Dec 16, 2019, 3:32 PM

Have I missed something? You come on the Clemson board to trash one of the Clemson players based on hearsay. Then you want the Clemson family to lift up said player. I talk a lot of football to people in the CSRA and no one is mentioning Zach.

No eligibility

Dec 16, 2019, 4:29 PM

the suspension was enforced during his last year of eligibility, causing his career to end.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2019, 4:32 PM

Who cares what that lady says and she probably isn't one of his friend's Mom. She is a Georgia fan who has a kid who went to the same school. You might as well go over to FGF and get their opinion.

Dec 16, 2019, 5:28 PM

I ask the question, so I'M the coot?

My question, dumbbells, is what are WE doing to show we believe in him? He didn't just 'attend a school in the CSRA'. He attended Augusta Christian, and they take their mission seriously. You cannot blame them for backing an enforcement agency when their mission is to develop young people with good character, even though Common Sense says the evidence shows there was no intent to cheat on his part.

Ok, i didn't tell you how vehemently i argued with the lady, or the questions i challenged her with that demonstrated that she (and others) have no working knowledge of Ostarine or its testing and punishment. That wasn't my point on this board.

Because the NCAA enforcement is archaic, it smears everyone associated with it. We care about Galloway because he still has eligibility left and can still help the team. What about the guy who doesn't, and can't? Do you care about him, too?

You pretend you're a Tiger that supports him, then you get angry when i don't let his memory fade into oblivion?

My point was that, since Dabo (and Tiger fans) stand behind Zach, I'm hoping that the fact that he kept his scholly while working toward his Masters means that he will have an opportunity to wear and display the Paw in game play just like Galloway.

And if that's too deep for you, get off my thread. &$@) you. I'll support Zach to every person i work with at ACS, since apparently I'm the only one taking up for him.

Go Tigers.

Dec 16, 2019, 5:28 PM [ in reply to Re: What exactly is Zach Giella's status? ]

I ask the question, so I'M the coot?

My question, dumbbells, is what are WE doing to show we believe in him? He didn't just 'attend a school in the CSRA'. He attended Augusta Christian, and they take their mission seriously. You cannot blame them for backing an enforcement agency when their mission is to develop young people with good character, even though Common Sense says the evidence shows there was no intent to cheat on his part.

Ok, i didn't tell you how vehemently i argued with the lady, or the questions i challenged her with that demonstrated that she (and others) have no working knowledge of Ostarine or its testing and punishment. That wasn't my point on this board.

Because the NCAA enforcement is archaic, it smears everyone associated with it. We care about Galloway because he still has eligibility left and can still help the team. What about the guy who doesn't, and can't? Do you care about him, too?

You pretend you're a Tiger that supports him, then you get angry when i don't let his memory fade into oblivion?

My point was that, since Dabo (and Tiger fans) stand behind Zach, I'm hoping that the fact that he kept his scholly while working toward his Masters means that he will have an opportunity to wear and display the Paw in game play just like Galloway.

And if that's too deep for you, get off my thread. &$@) you. I'll support Zach to every person i work with at ACS, since apparently I'm the only one taking up for him.

Go Tigers.

Dec 16, 2019, 6:47 PM

Like most of our athletes, he graduated and has a good job. He’s not a part of the team any more and hasn’t been since the spring. As such, there is no chance to see him on the field again. You last chance was senior day since the coaches allowed him to be recognized with the seniors. It sucks that he couldn’t play this year but there was nothing that could be done.

What else do you want fans to do?

https://www.postandcourier.com/sports/clemson/clemson-lineman-suspended-by-ncaa-for-positive-ostarine-test-opens/article_184d6f34-0d8a-11ea-a39b-2bbc07679774.html

Re: What exactly do you want fans to do?

Dec 16, 2019, 10:23 PM

Not get hostile because i embarrassed them by asking a question about a person (Tiger) I'm proud to have watched play but they want to imply should be persona non grata.

I missed the Senior recognition. I was on the TuneIn app that day. Thanks for mentioning it.

Dec 16, 2019, 7:04 PM [ in reply to Re: What exactly is Zach Giella's status? ]

I never called you a coot. I just meant her opinion is as valid as the opinion of someone on that board. Not calling you a coot at all.

I glad you are concerned

Dec 16, 2019, 5:06 PM

We should all be concerned. Your facts are undeniable. Bad bad things are happening. We can't just overlook them. No telling how widespread the cheating is. I trust you and UGa fans form Augusta far more than I do our players and coaches.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2019, 6:17 PM

Giella's a redshirt senior. If he's with the team - I dunno about that - then he would have the playoffs left as his eligibility.

I don't know if he's still active or not. He'd be buried on the depth chart in any event.

As to the other issue, I'm a partisan homer, granted, but everything I've heard both publicly and privately indicates that Clemson spent a lot of money on independent testing trying to figure out where the ostarine came from...and turned up nothing.

I just don't think he cheated. Ostarine is a weird gray-market substance with uncertain sourcing - nobody really even knows where it's made, though it's supposedly Chinese - and it's known to give a lot of false positives and is minimally effective as a performance enhancer anyway. It just doesn't seem like the sort of thing an athlete looking for an edge would start with, especially in Clemson, SC.

FWIW.

Dec 16, 2019, 6:44 PM

Thanks for the information-based response, Q. I expected nothing less from you.

Dec 16, 2019, 6:50 PM [ in reply to Re: What exactly is Zach Giella's status? ]

He hasn’t been with the team or school all year. Has a regular job. It’s not that difficult to figure out.

Dec 16, 2019, 10:18 PM

Tigernet showed him using a scholarship. That implied he was still taking classes. If he's moved on, more power to him.

Dec 16, 2019, 10:26 PM [ in reply to Re: What exactly is Zach Giella's status? ]

Noodle said:

He hasn’t been with the team or school all year. Has a regular job. It’s not that difficult to figure out.

He has been with the team all year as a Student Assistant. He was honored at Senior Day. You can see him on the sideline wearing his #77 Jersey.

Dec 17, 2019, 12:06 AM

Nope, that is incorrect. Zach has a regular full-time job and lives several hours from Clemson. He did show up for Senior day. I worked with his dad until I retired a couple of weeks ago.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His classmate’s mom??

Dec 16, 2019, 6:22 PM

Get out of here with that shyatt. What’s wrong with you??

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: His classmate’s mom??

Dec 16, 2019, 6:59 PM

Very tight communities in Class A private and Christian schools. Zach and her kid were classmates the last 7 years, and siblings all know each other, too.

Graduating class of maybe 18-20 per year.

So yeah, the classmate's mom knows the Zach, knows the family, has an opinion, and since she is on the school staff, it matters.

I got to know Zach just a tiny bit from our schools competing with each other. Not a lot; i worked the scorer's table in basketball and watched him interact with his teammates and coach while hanging 35 points on us in a middle school game. Clearly basketball wasn't his preferred sport, but no one could stop a 6'4", 240-lb 7th grader in the post. Most times opposing fans got mouthy in that environment. But Zach was a gentle giant. His domination was so complete no fan could find anything to complain about. Great kid before, during and after the game.

Being a GA fan trumps all of that

Dec 17, 2019, 12:52 AM

when it comes to asking her opinion on Clemson football.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Memories of Zach in middle school

Dec 18, 2019, 12:47 PM [ in reply to Re: His classmate’s mom?? ]

Sad that some of you carry grudges so bad you give TDs to a post about Zach in middle school.

I had thought that only our basketball fans are petty; shame on me for thinking this was an exceptional place to hang out.

Dec 16, 2019, 6:59 PM [ in reply to His classmate’s mom?? ]

Very tight communities in Class A private and Christian schools. Zach and her kid were classmates the last 7 years, and siblings all know each other, too.

Graduating class of maybe 18-20 per year.

So yeah, the classmate's mom knows the Zach, knows the family, has an opinion, and since she is on the school staff, it matters.

I got to know Zach just a tiny bit from our schools competing with each other. Not a lot; i worked the scorer's table in basketball and watched him interact with his teammates and coach while hanging 35 points on us in a middle school game. Clearly basketball wasn't his preferred sport, but no one could stop a 6'4", 240-lb 7th grader in the post. Most times opposing fans got mouthy in that environment. But Zach was a gentle giant. His domination was so complete no fan could find anything to complain about. Great kid before, during and after the game.

Dec 16, 2019, 7:07 PM

Doesn't mean her kid and Zack were good friends. They may still just be good aquaintances. She is just trash talking.

Re: just trash talking

Dec 17, 2019, 1:52 AM

Gee, you’re so smart.

I never would have thought of that.

I never implied she had firsthand knowledge of Zach’s actions, or the accuracy of the findings. I asked her how people were perceiving it. Zach deserves to be proud of his HS alma mater, as well as Clemson, and I’m sure it matters to him in some small way how he is remembered there.

On this board last year, We all discussed at great length the ludicrousness of the NCAA’s punitive policy on Ostarine, a substance that was conditionally legal and very effective before it was absolutely banned. The rest of the world didn’t have that discussion.

Dec 17, 2019, 12:43 AM

Why even mention the whole classmates Mom thing?? Just wrong RW43.

Dec 17, 2019, 1:16 AM

Because perception matters in some areas of life.

Because Zach will never get a chance to set the record straight, because people are too 'polite' to let him.

If i had known he was done and off scholarship, i would have let it go. I didn't and asked a question that only three people tried to answer with information, but only one apparently knew from firsthand experience. The rest proved their Tiger loyalty by trying to bury the topic.

This man has the answer you seek...

Dec 17, 2019, 7:32 AM

Dr. Haywood Jablowmi

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic