Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What exactly has President Obama said that is "fueling" the shootings?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 252

What exactly has President Obama said that is "fueling" the shootings?

Jul 9, 2016, 7:33 PM

I'd really like to know. I'm no President Obama fan but i don't see the issue here.

What has he said? What should he say?

(Serious questions)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What exactly has President Obama said that is "fueling" the shootings?

Jul 9, 2016, 7:48 PM

His latest comment:

First of all, I think it’s very hard to untangle the motives of this shooter. As we’ve seen in a whole range of incidents with mass shooters, they’re, by definition, troubled. By definition, if you shoot people who pose no threat to you—strangers—you have a troubled mind. What triggers that, what feeds it, what sets it off—I’ll leave that to psychologists and people who study these kinds of incidents.

His comments (in part) on the Charleston shootings:

The FBI is now on the scene with local police, and more of the Bureau’s best are on the way to join them. The Attorney General has announced plans for the FBI to open a hate crime investigation.

We don’t have all the facts, but we do know that, once again, innocent people were killed in part because someone who wanted to inflict harm had no trouble getting their hands on a gun.

But let’s be clear: At some point, we as a country will have to reckon with the fact that this type of mass violence does not happen in other advanced countries.

The fact that this took place in a black church obviously also raises questions about a dark part of our history. This is not the first time that black churches have been attacked. And we know that hatred across races and faiths pose a particular threat to our democracy and our ideals.

He clearly was not conflicted in the latter case.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2016, 8:32 PM

It's more than any one comment. Seven years of FAR left leadership and our country is now as divided as I've ever seen it. I'm 41 btw.

He passes instant judgement. The president should wait on the facts before condemning either side.

He was wrong about Ferguson, he was wrong about Trevon Martin.

Loretta Lynch coming out telling the black lives matter crowd to not be discouraged from voicing their minds after the shooting is insane.

ALL LIVES MATTER!!

More whites have been killed by law enforcement this year than African Americans. FACT

60 African Americans were shot in Chicago alone over the forth weekend. Black on black crime.
FACT

Where are the marches for black lives there?

Why doesn't the media even mention it?!?

BTW. Chicago has close to the strictest gun control laws as anywhere in the US.

George Soros and his globalist buddy's are having a nice toast watching good Americans on both sides turn against each other.

This is supposed to be the United States. We're becoming the Divided States, and it sucks.

Hope everyone has a good and safe evening. I'm gonna watch UFC 200.

Go Tigers

Jul 9, 2016, 8:40 PM

My mind is refreshed. I've learned some things that I hadn't heard before and feel more enlightened now. Refreshed.

Jul 10, 2016, 12:51 AM

Happy I could help. Now back to your kale chips

You are not wrong. Not at all.***

Jul 9, 2016, 8:56 PM [ in reply to Re: What exactly has President Obama said that is "fueling" the shootings? ]

Jul 9, 2016, 11:37 PM

Following the Ferguson decision, which completely exonerated a white police officer who was simply doing his duty and was forced to shoot thug crimnal Michael Brown in self-defense:

“We are a nation built on the rule of law. And so we need to accept that this decision was the grand jury’s to make,” he said. There are Americans who are deeply disappointed, even angry. It’s an understandable reaction."

Well, it was understandable given the false narrative that has become accepted by politicians and mainstream media, but incomprehensible to anyone who has an ounce of objectivity and common sense. This was Obama's chance to set the record straight, point out the facts, LEAD and help bring about calm and healing, but instead he legitimized the illogical anger toward police.

The examples are numerous and I won't look up every single one, but the pattern is clear and undeniable.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: What exactly has President Obama said that is "fueling" the shootings?***

Jul 10, 2016, 12:00 AM

Jul 10, 2016, 12:00 AM [ in reply to Re: What exactly has President Obama said that is "fueling" the shootings? ]

^gets it^

Jul 10, 2016, 12:15 AM

People simply prefer to ignore the obvious and blame a politician. It's easier than wading into the cultural mire with an open mind.

The idea that people are more motivated by what Obama says than by seeing video of black people being shot by white cops is ludicrous.

There's also a drought in California for 8 years. Thanks Obama.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2016, 2:02 AM

guns and jesus, guns and jesus

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 252
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic