Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"What does state polling tell us about the national race?"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 244

"What does state polling tell us about the national race?"

Sep 24, 2020, 11:47 AM

"Do we even need national polling to determine the state of the race?"

Interesting analysis of the state polling relative to 2012 and 2016 and what it tells us about the current presidential race.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/what-state-polls-can-tell-us-about-the-national-race/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do they use Mexican Jumping Beans to count

Sep 24, 2020, 11:55 AM

how many times a particular candidate is landed on?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

you know, some posts I never open...

Sep 24, 2020, 1:34 PM

because there are some posters that I know will never post anything that doesn't completely support their personal bias.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "What does state polling tell us about the national race?"

Sep 24, 2020, 3:51 PM

Yeah, every time one of my liberal friends mentions that national polls, I point out that the Presidential race is really 50 state-wide races because of the Electoral College.

National polls don't mean squat. Watch the state polls in the ten or twelve swing states - that is all that matters.

While I am at it, that is really all that matters in regards to how contested this elections will be after election day. The election results will not be close enough to be disputed except in a handful (3 or 4) of states. As long as we can keep a close look at those states and verify their results, there should be little to no controversy about the overall results.

In fact, the EC results could easily be such that even 1 or 2 disputed state votes might not have any decisive impact on the overall results.

We are probably not going to know the results on election night, but that is not a reason to go ballistic (even though ALL media outlets will try to fill their time with presumptions and wild guesses) or to start speculating on the outcome. Within a day or two the picture will become more clear.

We will have a number of legal challenges from both sides and the local officials (both Dem & Rep) will do their best to work them out. But it may not impact the overall results as dramatically as is being imagined right now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 244
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic