Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What do you see as the main reason for Tajh's performance
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1,774

What do you see as the main reason for Tajh's performance

Oct 20, 2013, 7:26 PM

last night? Which is it?

1. He often (not always) crumbles under the pressure of the big game.

2. He has been mysteriously inconsistent this year - don't know why.

3. The pass rush from FSU had him rattled and rushed and he never had a chance.

4. Poor play calling put him in a bad position all night.

5. FSU D-backs were so good our receivers could not get open.

6. Our WRs were so bad they could not get open.

7. He too often locked in on one receiver and forced throws into coverage instead of finding the open receiver.

8. Other

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Pretty much a little bit of all you listed.***

Oct 20, 2013, 7:28 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Re: What do you see as the main reason for Tajh's performance

Oct 20, 2013, 7:28 PM

Tajh looks good bc of our scheme, opposing teams lack of speed, our NFL WR (over the past few years), decent oline play.

When you lose one of those you see the real tajh..

Last night FSU had speed.
Our Scheme was out schemed by some new DC at FSU
Our WR are not as good as we thought
our oline sucks.

Tajh is no manziel or winston. He is more of a different style of conner shaw.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2013, 7:34 PM

9. Our offensive line crumbled
10. Our offensive unit is lacking chemistry
I choose "d. All the above"

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No running game(except Tajh) to settle him down or to keep

Oct 20, 2013, 7:36 PM

Defenses honest.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2013, 7:36 PM

I'll go with 8. We all love Tajh and acknowledge that he has accomplished a lot, but it's very obvious that he has never developed the ability to consistently deal with pressure whether it be tangible defensive pressure or self imposed "fear of failure" type pressure. With that being said, last night was a team effort in losing.

That was my observations also.***

Oct 20, 2013, 7:39 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2013, 7:41 PM

Obviously all of the reasons you gave were partially responsible but the main ones IMO are 5, 6, and a little too much of seven. They played a very physical man defense and our receivers couldn't get open. Mike Williams was the only one of our receivers who got physical with their DBs.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2013, 7:56 PM

2 (kinda)
6 (besides Sammy)

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To be honest Tajh looks like he is very tight. He does not

Oct 20, 2013, 8:00 PM

look like he is having fun at times. He looks like he has a big load on his shoulders and his play reflects that. It may be not wanting to let Clemson down (his team, coaches, fans, family, etc.) or it may be some personal things.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

9 Weak OLine + 10 bad game plan + 11 Tajh just off

Oct 20, 2013, 8:24 PM

The big game crap is crap - see LSU and GA game

Did Tajh press? Yes. But the issue he could not overcome was our OLine play, bad game plan and receivers not getting open

Oct 20, 2013, 8:34 PM

Chad Morris, when you play florida state you have to expect pressure, you simply take what they give you, you do not have to throw 20 yards every pass, however the west coast thing doesn't work either because of the play from their corners, but draw plays, back coming out on check downs behind the blitzing corners or line backers works wonders on aggressive defenses, only one problem, we have no premier back.

Oct 20, 2013, 8:36 PM

I always see some confussion in the offense and defense. Players looking to the sideline at coaches and trying to reposition. I would say it is the coaching. Think tajh has become morris' puppet. Tajh cant even think for himself. Have to be able to read the field and dominate. Cut the players free more often and see what they can do.

Oct 20, 2013, 8:47 PM

A little bit of everything. Tajh panics a little to often in the pocket and it may be due to his height. I know he's listed at 6'1 but not sure how accurate that is,so any kind of push by the D forces him to run out instead of standing tall.

Martavis B only seems to catch fly patterns and doesn't use his height the way he should.

The Chad Morris offense is not a surprise anymore,would be nice to do some conventional things and just move the chains but I guess you need a O-line to do that.

With all that being said,Tajh has been inaccurate with pretty much everything this year except the deep ball.

Like many of us have already observed,

Oct 20, 2013, 9:24 PM

1. The offense isn't as good as last year.
2. The WRs are not as deep.
3. The running game lacks an identity. You have to have true, strong RBs. McDowell can't do it all, and neither Brooks nor Howard are "true" RBs. They are great athletes that offer options, but we are way too thin at RB.
4. No dominant TE.

I'm not going to criticize the OL from a depth or talent perspective. I'll get to them in a minute.

ALL of these things have affected Tajh. He is not crisp. He does not enjoy an overall core group of leaders with him like he did last year. He had Ellington, Hopkins, Watkins, Ford, Brown, and Freeman who grew up with him. They had chemistry. They helped him lead.

This year, he has Watkins. The rest are new to his "core group." New center, new, emerging WRs, new headliner RB, new TE.

I don't know how he leads the team. I don't know if he leads verbally or by building "familiarity." But I think the OL just isn't very well lead; we have more depth than we've had in a long time. They may not be great as a unit, but I do think we have some good OL players. The way they play well as a unit, I think, comes down to leadership.

There just isn't the depth at other positions, and, combined with the OL lack of unity, we therefore lack overall unity on the offense, IMO.

That affects QB play. I think Tajh is pressing, pushing, and then maybe even somewhat "panicking," for lack of a better word. I don't think he's afraid to compete...but he's not in control and can't get control. No one person really does have pure control, but I think there is a sense of "no control" for him at times; Saturday night, it was all night. So he tries to do too much himself.

Expectations have been very high. I truly think championship teams live and die by their QB. Tajh has inconsistent pretty much all year. I think our players all knew it. The pressure kept building because I think the team knew that there was a simmering problem that they just couldn't seem to fix. I too noticed the nervousness on the buses.

I certainly don't think the offense is as bad as we saw Saturday night. Turnovers and momentum (or lack thereof) affect focus and performance. But the confidence in the offense to recover, I think, had to have been less than it would have been last year.

I have felt deprived of my "fix" of the amazing offensive plays I saw last year. They are not common this year. If we notice it, certainly the team notices it.

And Tajh is the one who has the wheel of the car.

Having said all of this, I do think he is a wonderful person and talented QB. The offense just hasn't been what it has been. And I don't think, after the highs of last year about the offense, anyone thought that we couldn't plug in some new guys for little dropoff.

I absolutely am sick over the loss. I am embarrassed. I HATE being embarrassed. BUT I do think that this can be a learning experience for our program. I truly believe we are much better than we showed, but this should cause a level of "soul-searching" by all for improvement this year...and for years to come. This can bring good our way. I hate to have to go through it as a fan, but terrible losses at Wake and against WV did lead to improvements. I wish we would figure out how to improve without having to make it a national show and entertainment, but we obviously can't do anything about it.

And for Tajh? I hope he now can at least calm down a bit since the pressure has to be off of him some. He will go down as one of our greatest, and he has helped lead us to a much improved state as a program.

One last thing, to illustrate our lack of depth: We missed on "almost sure gets" in Gurley, Marshall, Robinson, Adams, a couple of highly rated DEs (take your pick...we know we've had a lot of drama there), etc. Those players definitely would have made a huge difference for us. Huge.

Re: What do you see as the main reason for Tajh's performance***

Oct 20, 2013, 9:28 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No 2 and no 1

Oct 20, 2013, 9:32 PM

Primarily not consistent. Erratic throwing and you all know it

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2013, 9:35 PM

Just saw a link on FB talking about him dealing with his mother's health issues but can't find it now. Will post a link when/if I do.

Tajh needs his WRs to catch his passes. Way too many

Oct 20, 2013, 9:37 PM

dropped passes.

Oct 20, 2013, 9:39 PM

Happy feet in big games

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No 8 - Ain't got the noive!

Oct 20, 2013, 9:43 PM

How could you not play your best game last night ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1,774
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic