Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What do we think happens to Justyn Ross after this season?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

What do we think happens to Justyn Ross after this season?

Sep 23, 2020, 2:29 PM

Trying my best not to be biased but Ross is by far one of the most complete WRs in the nation if not the best. But with his injury does it set back his draft grade? Everyone knew who he was freshman year especially with his insane playoff performance but if his grade goes down from missing time do you think he stays one more year? Also I don’t know about how close he is from graduating but I’d guess he’s pretty close from getting his degree. What’re your guys thoughts on this? I’d love to see him stay for DJ but I’d also love to see him keep the WRU brand going in the NFL! Go Tigers

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What do we think happens to Justyn Ross after this season?

Sep 23, 2020, 2:34 PM

He will be back playing in a lot less pain, and making awesome catches again!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2020, 2:43 PM

One more year for Ross playing with his high school teammate EJ. They will absolutely wreak some havoc with Spector and Ladson and Galloway and Davis. You don’t want scouts last impression of you to be a mediocre sophomore season and disappointing playoffs so come on back to a familiar situation and offense and light it up one more time. Could be worth millions.

Sep 23, 2020, 2:43 PM

Quien Sabe. No importa.

Sep 23, 2020, 3:21 PM

good question, tough call

I don't think the NFL will ding him, I think the national image of him is what he did his freshmen year, and you can always chalk up last season to injuries.

Or he can go the Mike Williams route and build up his draft status, maybe win another natty

The wr group next year would be obscene with him back next year. Certainly would make life for DJ easier

I think he plays one more***

Sep 23, 2020, 3:29 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2020, 3:53 PM

This injury will certainly impact his draft stock. He was a guaranteed first rounder and would be looking at a mid to late round selection, at best, if he declared for next years draft. No idea what he actually decides but he's not getting drafted in the first round coming off of a potentially career ending injury.

I pray he gets the green light to play....

Sep 23, 2020, 3:59 PM

And terrorizes all the DBs he goes up against. While wearing orange.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2020, 1:26 AM

If he plays football again, I just hope he doesn't suffer a permanent injury that mars his life.

Sep 24, 2020, 3:44 PM

FWIW, I have a congenital spinal condition that, based on what I've read about Justyn, is very similar to his "problem." I was into competitive weightlifting and bodybuilding, and played football in HS and even gave it a go as a walk-on to Clemson's JV team in 1966 ... lasted about 3 hours ... and never knew I had a "problem." I went through USAF flight training, and was receiving additional training on B-52's when, one Sunday we were playing "touch" football and I got hit in the back. I went to the infirmary and x-rays uncovered the "problem." Despite having two civilian docs refuting the AF doc, over my huge objections I was still given a DD 214. Changed my entire life plan, which turned out more than OK ... but, looking back 50 years, I never did have the problems the AF docs predicted. I think Justyn will be just fine, and his "problem" doesn't make him any more susceptible to serious injury than if he didn't have the "problem."

Sep 24, 2020, 3:35 AM

Could he be approved to play in the playoffs? Be really cool to see him win another Natty so he could make it 3 next year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Sep 24, 2020, 3:44 AM

I think he plays 1 more year and then goes pro. That will be an interesting situation though for this years starter.

Sep 24, 2020, 7:50 AM

I think he declares for the draft if he gets an all clear at his next evaluation with the doctor. That would mean he can begin training and be ready for the combine and pro day. If he gets a incomplete (ie more healing needed), then he likely comes back.

Sep 24, 2020, 1:21 PM [ in reply to Re: What do we think happens to Justyn Ross after this season? ]

He will be back another season at Clemson. It will be a similar situation like it was when Mike Williams broke his neck, wouldn't it? He had to prove he was able to play a season, or risk being an NFL free agent after the draft... So I'm thinking that Ross will be back as a Tiger for one more season bc, I don't think that he would want to risk having to settle with a free agent deal to the NFL. Also, I think he will have graduated before the end of the 2021 FB season, right!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2020, 2:14 PM

Does that Ngata to 2nd string?

Sep 24, 2020, 11:10 AM

I really hope the young man recovers fully. Spine surgery is a hit or miss procedure. Hopefully he can keep his football aspirations alive. I would love to see him back in a Clemson uniform for one more year.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Sep 24, 2020, 3:05 PM

You are 10,000% correct, and I have been down that road several times, and the surgeries only made thing worse IMO. I know for a fact that I'm no better than I was right after my injury to this day, 15 years later. Just doing my part of the outdoor duties that the man of the house usually does, I do them in pain, and it takes depending on the chore, it takes days to recover to the point that I was before doing them, but they have to get done :(!!!

I think he actually comes back

Sep 24, 2020, 2:52 PM

He was great at the end of his FR year but didn't play too much the first half of the year. He did not have a good year last year - all of his numbers were way down. So we have like a 6 or 7 game sample size of "good ross" from late 2018 and a full season of "bad ross" from last year. Now bad Ross is still a pretty good WR but not one I would expect to go 1st or even 2nd round. That's why I think Ross comes back for 2021 - to show he's still good Ross, especially after a very serious injury.

This is all assuming he ever gets to play football again - prayers that he will.

Re: I think he actually comes back

Sep 24, 2020, 3:46 PM

Justyn Ross was just so much better than any talent he had to face in HS, and the talent that he's has to play against in college is much better, and getting banged around, and banged up at the college level took a toll on his back condition that he's had his entire life.

The doctors that's helping Justyn, they have been helping people with, or close to the same problems that Justyn Ross has in their practice for years, and they have had a lot of success in correcting the issues that Justyn was born with. If they say that Justyn is OK to return to playing FB, I would bet that he will come back just as good or better than he was before, and I believe that Justyn will need another year at Clemson to prove that he is ready and able to perform at a high level again....

I agree. He does like Mikey, comes back and has a great

Sep 24, 2020, 3:51 PM [ in reply to I think he actually comes back ]

"show me" season to prove to the scouts that he is fully recovered from not only surgery, but from the sophomore slump. Then, he is taken in the first round the next year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He returns to playing. Has +900 yds and 8 tds. Drafted mid 2nd round.***

Sep 24, 2020, 4:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2020, 4:15 PM

I think it would be very beneficial for him to come back for another year just like Mike Williams did. The pros are going to want to see him for another year where he stays healthy rather than take a chance on him not having played after the surgery. I think it will be worth many millions for him to return.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic