Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What did we learn from the Alabama vs......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

What did we learn from the Alabama vs......

Dec 3, 2018, 8:54 PM

Georgia game?

Georgia is better than we thought or Alabama is not as invincible as all the pundits have told us all year long?

I think it’s the latter. What say you?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What did we learn from the Alabama vs......

Dec 3, 2018, 8:55 PM

I agree. The latter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Both.***

Dec 3, 2018, 9:03 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2018, 9:05 PM

Two things:

1.) Bama beatable

2.) Georgia will never, ever win anything. Cursed.

Well, they have been playin'em every year since '92 so they

Dec 3, 2018, 9:27 PM

could have caught the chicken curse.

Interesting question.

Dec 3, 2018, 9:06 PM

It's funny how none of the talking heads I watched or listened to this weekend even entertained the idea that Alabama might not be as invincible as they thought. No, the only option was that Georgia must just be a great team to be able to hang with them.

To answer your question, I think Alabama is not as good as we thought (though still very good), and Georgia put together a great game. I don't think Georgia is one of the four best teams, but I do think they are one of the four most talented teams.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Interesting question.

Dec 3, 2018, 9:13 PM

Even after we lay the wood on them they will say Alabama had a bad night. I don’t think they can conceive any other notion

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. Prior to our playing them in Tampa, all and I mean ALL

Dec 3, 2018, 9:30 PM

the talking heads said they were the best team in the history of college football. Have any of you heard any of them, after the game, say that Clemson must have been the best team in the history of college football....

No... It was all because of Deshawn Watson. Nothing else.

Dec 4, 2018, 1:08 AM

Now the narrative has been somewhat reversed. They have Tua and he'll be the reason, win or lose.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Interesting question.

Dec 3, 2018, 9:16 PM [ in reply to Interesting question. ]

Yep. The SEC narrative is bubble wrapped.

Bama rolls other SEC teams--proof that Bama is legendary

Other SEC teams compete with Bama--proof that said other SEC teams are among best in nation.

Heads I win, tails you lose.

Only one fly in the ointment, and it wears orange. The Reckoning comes January 7. They've tried to forget 2016, but it will be impossible to ignore 2 Tiger nattys in 3 years.

XACTLY!!!***

Dec 4, 2018, 1:09 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2018, 9:18 PM

I think Bama's glaring issue is at LB. Mack Wilson and Dylan Moses are serious down grades from their previous starters. Other than that, I don't put much stock into that game for a few reasons: 1. Tua hurt his ankle on his first drive of the game and never looked the same afterwards. 2. Georgia always plays Bama tough. 3. Bama is always a different monster in the playoffs. With a month to heal and prepare I think they'll look a little better on both sides of the ball.

Dec 3, 2018, 9:28 PM

That's a positive for the Tiger's because Saban will not have a month to prepare the Tigers. If he worries about us and doesn't concentrate on OU for the next four weeks, it won't matter because OU will outscore them and Bama will go home.
I saw that Tua does not like pressure and will get anxious if he gets hit a lot. Who knows how he'll be by game day. Secondly, Hurts has to be contained between the tackles. He cannot be allowed to get outside and make a play throwing or running. He's better outside. I know our D Line make it a long night for either one of the Bama QBs.
Go Tigers beat ND!!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we learned that smart has within him

Dec 3, 2018, 9:19 PM

the spirit of dumb passed on to him by M. Richt. DNA is DNA, although this transfer would be considered LaMarckian, an acquired trait. Other than this we didn't learn anything because Hurtz had to take over and played the trumpet well. Or was that Al Hertz.

What did we learn from Alabama vs Citadel ???

Dec 3, 2018, 9:23 PM

Tied at halftime . . . Bammer had problems with the triple option . . .

With our RBs . . . How about a triple option package with Hunter under center?
(He ran it in HS to perfection!)

Ok ok ok . . . I was kidding . . . We are allowed crazy thoughts on a msg board, right?????

Re: What did we learn from Alabama vs Citadel ???

Dec 3, 2018, 9:50 PM

I like it! But I'm crazy too!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2018, 9:27 PM

Being in the stands in New Orleans last year against bama was the most miserable game I have ever attended. Getting a 1st down against their defense felt like a moral victory. Their defense is good this year, but not nearly as good as last year (GA was passing and running against their D).
I think this is the most complete offense we have ever had. stop the pass, we run, stop the run, we can pass. Our only weakness on offense at this point is the occasional odd play call, but it's easy to coach from the couch and I think all of the coaches have done a great job. I really like our chances.

Also, the teams we will be playing from here on out, will do what they do( except possibly Notre Dame will try the kitchen sink, but they wont be able to stop our offense)

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic