Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What changed between 2019 and 2020 class recruiting?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

What changed between 2019 and 2020 class recruiting?

May 18, 2019, 10:57 PM

Combine last year’s numbers with this year’s recruit average, we could have signed 15 five stars. Why a different focus between last year’s full load and this year’s stellar class?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What changed between 2019 and 2020 class recruiting?

May 18, 2019, 11:05 PM

Few things... UGA beat us on a few last year. Combine that with the overall talent of the class in the region down a year ago and it happens. Why my pulse took a hit pointing out last years class was a depth class and not overall great. Got a lot of Dabo knows best last year from the same people touting Stars this year. You don’t need 5 stars every year as depth is good, however, I wish we would have pocketed a few of those schollies as we are a deep team next year and everyone knew 2020 was loaded.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2019, 6:19 AM

Yes, stars don’t matter when it’s lower star signees but then why get excited for a class of five stars if stars don’t matter? Do people not see how ridiculous they are playing it both ways like that?

May 18, 2019, 11:13 PM

Smaller class so we focused more time on higher targets?

May 19, 2019, 6:43 AM

Smaller class so we focused more time on higher targets?

Class size has very little to do with it. The talent was simply not there in our traditional recruiting areas last year and for whatever reason we missed on several guys. We also won a second near term natty which changed how recruits look at Clemson

May 19, 2019, 12:07 AM

Lol, man Dabo has us all fooled!! I honestly believe it was setup tht way by Dabo...he knew he was getting 10 five stars this year, he need a 3 and 4 star foundation, then here come the studs, 2018 studs, 2019 class, 2020 studs..see the Dabo effect??

Re: Key word: STELLAR

May 19, 2019, 12:49 AM

As in 5

May 19, 2019, 1:04 AM

We won a second national title and had 4 guys drafted the first two rounds of the NFL Draft

That Clemson's recruiting can be questioned in any way

May 19, 2019, 6:29 AM

Is like Richie Rich complaining about his haul on Christmas morning. SMH...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There were a few factors

May 19, 2019, 6:48 AM

Our roster balance had gotten a little off leading to a couple of tiny recruiting classes in 2017 and 2018 and then 2019 needed to be huge- close to 30. That meant the staff could not be as selective as normal.

We also got beat by other schools for quite a few guys. I think we whiffed on at least our top 4 OL targets. I think one stayed up north and went to MSU, maybe a couple to UGA, etc. We missed on 5* DE Pickens right down the road that went to SC. It happens.

And, as somebody already mentioned, it wasn't a good year for premium talent in our normal recruiting footprint.

We are really outgrowing that recruiting footprint right now and going national. We've also become a very desirable destination for WRs, QBs, and DLs and we seem to finally ne shaking off the OL and RB stigma this year as well.

winning the championship by destroying bama vs losing to

May 19, 2019, 6:55 AM

bama

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That’s pretty much the reason.....

May 19, 2019, 9:00 AM

These guys saw this team play this fall with T. Lawrence at QB....they know what’s coming.
The 19 recruits, although knowing he was committed....did not see the full picture yet.
Also, people probably figured we were due for a ‘down’ year to cycle out or whatever. That doesn’t seem to be the case.

I believe much like Fuller and team back in the 70's

May 19, 2019, 8:20 AM

These guys got together and wanted to be something special. They drew a line and made a decision

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2019, 9:44 AM

Last year was a class that is expected to stay for 4 years, some may be here for 3 yrs . This yr will have alot of 3 yr players.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic