Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What are the opinions or thoughts of our T-Netters,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

What are the opinions or thoughts of our T-Netters,

Oct 28, 2018, 12:19 PM

about Dabo and his Staff seeming to be out of character of late by allowing such high point separation with the blow out wins over the teams in our conference. OR, Is it a possibility that our depth that far down the chain has become that much improved, that the score check play's they send in to keep Chase game ready, Is he scoring with those plays bc everyone around him in garbage time has gotten that much better.

IMO, when Chase comes in to take the game clock to 00:00, there are times out there that they look game ready and they can score points. What your Opinion?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What are the opinions or thoughts of our T-Netters,

Oct 28, 2018, 12:26 PM

the only person I kind of felt sorry for yesterday was taggart,but certainly not for the criminoles.they never have hesitated to run up the score on us,whether it was bowden or fisher.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

It's the other team's responsibility to prevent Clemson

Oct 28, 2018, 12:28 PM

from scoring.

Dabo approaches every snap as having the potential to score points.

I love the "never take your foot off the gas" mentality.

It's not Clemson's fault that they're now recruiting the caliber of players on their 3rd and 4th strings that can beat most team's first strings.

Clemson has no obligation to just take knees when he score gets out of hand. Times like that are when Dabo & company evaluate and coach up the other end of his roster.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's pronounced "L Heff A" and it means "The Boss".

Oct 28, 2018, 12:30 PM

The coaches aren’t out of character, they just have a QB now that they trust to sling the ball.

Oct 28, 2018, 12:35 PM

I'm glad we are not taking our foot off the accelerator until the game is a lock. We were not doing that the first 5 games of the season and we were having too close games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually we have 2.***

Oct 28, 2018, 2:10 PM [ in reply to Re: What are the opinions or thoughts of our T-Netters, ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Oct 28, 2018, 5:02 PM [ in reply to Re: What are the opinions or thoughts of our T-Netters, ]

We've had that before, and our coaches would stop calling the game to score more points. They would call run plays all 3 downs even when it was 3d and 8, or 3d and 9. I feel that something has changed that type of mind set with our coaches bc, they are calling passing plays when there isn't enough time left in a game for our opponents to make a come back and win the game!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2018, 12:35 PM

I never felt like Dabo didn’t want subs to give their best. My impression is that he takes first string out when game is well in hand and gives backups opportunities. If they score, so be it.
Running up the score would involve leaving all the starters in irregardless of the score. Since he doesn’t do that I think it conveys the idea that Dabo isn’t trying to run up the score. Instead he’s developing his whole team and coming off as merciful.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2018, 12:41 PM

Dabo sub's early and often, but lets the sub play because you never know when they'll be forced to play in tight game situations.

2013 - FSU 51 Clemson 14....Jameis Winston took every snap from center until FSU's final possession.

just saying...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2018, 12:45 PM

Exactly right. Dabo takes out the first unit when the game is well in hand, he sends in the 2nd unit and continue to run the offense. He mixes and matches so much, it's hard to tell who is first team and who is second team.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2018, 12:46 PM

I think it has a lot to do with us having a freshman QB starting and a redshirt freshman as a back up. Neither have a ton of experience and they need all they can get before the playoffs. I don't think you'd see us passing so much late in games while up by 40 if we had an experienced veteran QB.

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Oct 28, 2018, 1:22 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What he said. Seems the coaches are trying to get CB7 meaningful experience at reading defenses and making correct adjustments based on the defensive alignment so he'll be ready when needed. Staying in a run when they put 8 or 9 in the box doesn't help his development. We're giving the other team a chance by sitting our 1st and 2nd string skill players at that point in the game.

Oct 28, 2018, 1:42 PM [ in reply to Re: What are the opinions or thoughts of our T-Netters, ]

THIS ***

Plus, it doesn't matter who's in the game, your job is to execute as well as you can. You have 2 minutes to play, you run it. You don't call a timeout to kick a late field goal.

If you have a quarter to play and the D still wants to stop the run, you pass it. Otherwise why don't we take a knee 3 times and punt it back to them.

Oct 28, 2018, 5:09 PM

We don't take a knee bc we need to run as much time of the clock as possible, that is for sure.

Oct 28, 2018, 2:09 PM

I think it’s player development.

Oct 28, 2018, 2:21 PM

I don't think we were trying to run up the score on Wake, just all the runners were breaking long scoring runs. The backups are expected to play well too.

Oct 28, 2018, 5:32 PM

And they are, and I believe it's bc of the coaching staff is doing a better job at coaching up our younger guys, and they are taking to the coaching to get their opportunities to play!!!

Oct 28, 2018, 5:25 PM [ in reply to Re: What are the opinions or thoughts of our T-Netters, ]

Bingo, that is what I believe also, I believe that the younger players are now seeing and believing that they will get valuable playing if they up their game even as freshman, and our 2s,3s, and 4s are practicing much harder than in previous years bc they are seeing that our coaches will play them even as freshman if they work hard at getting better. Yes, it's the 2, 3, and 4s elevating their talent that are scoring more than in previous years in garbage time, and that is the reason we have climbed to the top and have been in the playoffs the last several years!!!

That's what happens when TL takes over for KB

Oct 28, 2018, 2:13 PM

If TL is not knocked out of the Syracuse game then we'd RUTS on them too.

When TL comes out the opposing team is so gassed that our 3rd and 4th team who are fresh have their way with them.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2018, 2:14 PM

I've never been one who felt we should leave the first string in when the game for our opponent was totally out of reach. Take them out to avoid injury and let the reserves play. But don't limit the reserves to limited and conservative play calling. Let them play "full blast" to develop their skills and if they run up the score, so be it. Dabo substitutes early and often through out the game, building depth and, when we have a substantial lead, he still has fresh and talented players on the field.

Fortunately, we've been able to play all 72 men on several away games, building depth and team chemistry. I wonder how many other teams who built up a substantial lead have used more than 50 - 60 players. Playing those extra 15 - 20 men provides actual game experience and an excellent means to critique their performance other than on their performance on the practice field.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2018, 2:26 PM

The staff's risk management on both sides of the ball has been excellent this year. The experienced leadership has helped there understudies progress into top notch players. Consider this on the Florida State game. FS had more yards rushing against the first string than they finished the game with against the second and third string. Albert Huggins, Xavier Kelly, Jordan Williams and others totally dominated their first string.
Offensively Chase Brice and friends dominated as well. The run pass rhythm was working so well I believe the OC's decided to get game time experience running plays they have only practiced which slowed this group just a bit. Our two and three deep could win the ACC at this point and time in the season. It is nice to have such incredible depth. Clemson has guys that have to stay home on road trips that could be starting elsewhere. The staff has done a masterful job getting players playing time in critical situations which makes them that much better.

Some aren't stupid or dumpers.

Oct 28, 2018, 2:36 PM

They just don't understand that our SOS is weak because the ACC as a conference was ranked so low in the preseason. Dabo isn't intending on humiliating anyone except maybe NCS' b-hole coach. Dabo just wants to make sure the playoff committee is fully aware that Clemson is ready to compete with anyone. ESPiN has said little about Clemson this season. Of course most of them rank us #2 and have for a while but they are snuggling ND and several SEC teams close enough to the top four to drop us to 8th or 9th if we lose a game to an unranked ACC team this particular season.

We also need to give TL plenty of playing time to get ready for the post season. He split time with KB while he was mastering enough of the playbook to function as our starting QB. ESPiN has errantly ranked several QBs above Trevor. Giving him the playing time and the proper opportunity to show he is the best in the country is very important in impressing our valid claim a top 4 spot.

Not everyone who claims Dabo is classless for running up the score is stupid or just dumping because they are a-holes. Then again, most of them are.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it's depth

Oct 28, 2018, 5:33 PM

of talent, more than we've ever had. There's just not the drop-off from the 1's to the 2's or the 2's to the 3's that there used to be. Chalk it up to recruiting and player development.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Chase needs practice in games throwing the football

Oct 28, 2018, 5:39 PM

it’s not our job to stop ourself

Message was edited by: tigertrain®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They look like they're in 2nd gear doing it

Oct 28, 2018, 5:42 PM

They're just this much better. What can you do?

Oct 28, 2018, 5:49 PM

Another thing that cant be overstated is that guys are going out there to earn play time. If they show up in the 3rd and 4th it works them into the 1st and 2nd. Look at lyn j dixon continuing to put up enough numbers that he gets earlier possessions. While it may not seem like a good optic the point of these players is to get better and too often good teams are only allowing their 2nd and 3rd strings on the field to protect from injury which shows in typical backup play being pedestrian

Oct 28, 2018, 7:26 PM

Our backups are great and he let them play. They played well. The Noles gave up and we kept scoring.

Two things I feel is correct.

Oct 28, 2018, 7:35 PM

Dabo realizes this year in particular the playoff seating has become a beauty pagent. Whether fans think it's fair or not that is the case. It's why Bama sits at #1 because they have looked beautiful all season no matter the opposition.

And lastly.Dabo wants his backups to have meaningful play calling. He knows that he may need them at some point in time. And as he has stated before. What better time to practice than against a live opponent?

Personally I love this seemingly new attitude Coach Dabo has instilled in all of our coaches and players. Get in the game. Score if you can. Don't just try to run the time out.

GO TIGERS!!!

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic